Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    BTW got a phone call from the KOA and she wanted to know if I wanted anyone else to share a site. have to let her know so she could put 2 in a bigger site. She didn't know there was a big to do about this infestation. Just saw all these requests for spaces from ppl all over the states. Sooo if you want to share I'm ok with that
    Yup, Teddy & I would be Happy to share a camp-site with you & no problems with snoring, as our lil Moto-Mate Camper is Aluminum, and should help seal out most of the raucus (LOL) otherwise, Teddy will just wake you up by growling at the unknown source of his discontent (LOL) I'll give you a call later today to discuss details. Glad Skydie is adjusting well, so far, as is Teddy.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation WOW!!! After I got home from work yesterday, I didn't wake back up

Dax & Stan, sorry I didn't call you guys yesterday. Once I got home from work, took care of the Tedsters "business" we both sacked out on the couch & I didn't wake up til my alarm went off on my phone for work this morning at 4am. I'm here now, so not alot of time to update, but when I get home today, I'll make the phone calls & update y'all on Teddy's Adventurous weekend that we just completed. I'm just so glad that Skydie has a Wonderful New Home, THANK YOU ThreeFeet.

Spyder Garage

Cool Trip details comming soon, Sorry, but its 50 degrees & Sunny so you know what that

means .................
    Gotta Ryde

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Dax & Stan, sorry I didn't call you guys yesterday. Once I got home from work, took care of the Tedsters "business" we both sacked out on the couch & I didn't wake up til my alarm went off on my phone for work this morning at 4am. I'm here now, so not alot of time to update, but when I get home today, I'll make the phone calls & update y'all on Teddy's Adventurous weekend that we just completed. I'm just so glad that Skydie has a Wonderful New Home, THANK YOU ThreeFeet.
    You are more than welcome!!! Skydie is all over the place when I am home. She's rubbing against EVERYTHING!!! Not sure if she'sitching or leaving her mark. So far don't think she's watered any of the spots MY dingaling cats left. She's quiet has her own house for now. She's safe NOT SURE about MY scardycats. She hisses and growls and they split. It's really funny to watch. My cats are REAL COWARDS!!! I have to cover up one end of her cage so I can feed my cats and all Skydie does is make a noise and the others make like a tree and leaf!!!! gota put on a pound on her she's SOOOOO skinny!!! I don't have a cat here THAT thin!! Anyway She's haveing fun checking everything out. Right now she's not much of a lap cat......yet.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Teddy's trip to ThreeFeet in Salem, MO - Part I - On The Road

IMG_20120107_082212.jpgIMG_20120107_121734.jpgIMG_20120107_130843.jpg
    Our story begins with me being so excited about doing a good sized road-trip, that I couldn't sleep. I made a post saying as much around 2am, and by 4am, we were all packed up and hitting the open road. Conditions were good for our trip, tho it did get chilly as we progressed. Upon leaving the Northern Kentucky area, it was in the mid 40's and by the time we got to our destination, believe it was still in the upper 30's, so not bad, coulda been much worse, thats for sure. At one of our gas stops, I noticed I had a few missed calls & texts, so I took a few minutes to sort them all out. With towing the Moto-Mate Camper, we were only averaging about 22MPGs, which is lower than on our past road trips with it. So, rougly, every hundred miles we were making gas stops. At each stop, I would go back and open up the rear of the camper to check on Skydie. I had her bed lined with those chemical hand warmers so she wouldn't be cold and the first couple of checks, she was fine. On our 3rd check however, she was nowhere to be found. I knew she couldn't get out, so I figured she probably had just gotten under the covers somewhere and thats why I couldn't see her. Well at the 4th gas stop, right past St. Louis (which you can see the Arch in the one pic) I still didn't see her and thought it best to dig her out, and I'm glad I did, or the trip would have been for nothing, besides us delivering a dead cat to ThreeFeets house. You see, I have a large, patio sized rectangular umbrella with rope lights attached underneath, inside the camper enclosed in a plastic bag. When we camp, I set it up and its attached to the outside of the camper, and provides shade, light and added protection from the elements. However, when in route, its stored inside the camper in its plastic bag. Upon my search for Skydie, and not seeing her anywhere inside the camper, I noticed condensation on the inside of the plastic bag holding the umbrella. HUH? Why the heck is there condensation in there & what is that white mess all around the top??? OH HELL!!! I found the cat and just in the nick of time. She had crawled all the way up to the top of the umbrella and was stuck & sufficating as well. As soon as I realized what I was seeing, I ripped through the plastic and out flopped a moist & frantic Skydie. As soon as I released her, she started gasping in fresh air & within a couple of minutes, she was pissed, but no worse for the wear. So glad I checked when I did, cause I don't think she woulda lasted much longer. Whew, glad she was ok, and I ripped through the rest of the plastic bag, just to make sure she couldn't get stuck in it again. So, after that little fiasco, I locked the camper back up, geared up, and back onto the road we went.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 01-12-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Teddy's trip to ThreeFeet in Salem, MO - Part II - LadyBug Campground

IMG_20120107_152008.jpgIMG_20120107_152030.jpgIMG_20120107_152036.jpgIMG_20120107_152050.jpgIMG_20120107_152103.jpg
    As soon as we got into Cuba, MO we headed for LadyBug Campground. We had stayed there last year for SpyderFest & the owners that run the campground couldn't have been any better & there were so helpfull, especially when Teddy injured his leg & she looked up an Emergency Vet for us that was open on Saturday. She was there when we stopped by, with her new Grand Daughter as well. She of course remembered Teddy & was glad to see him back in a healthy rambunctious and loving state. We talked for a while & she showed me their reservation book when I told her we still needed to make ours. They are packed, but promised they would find a place for us for SpyderFest. They only have tent sites left now & she said they'd probably have to hire someone temporarily to help out for the week of SpyderFest. Said they'd never been so booked. They added another building with restrooms & showers. I took a bunch of pics & posted a few here, mind you, the place was totally empty except for 2 RVs that camp there all winter. Was really good to see her again, such a nice lady, good people, you know.
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 01-12-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Teddy's trip to ThreeFeet in Salem, MO - Part III - Cowtown

IMG_20120107_153316.jpgIMG_20120107_153323.jpgIMG_20120107_161619.jpgIMG_20120107_161631.jpgIMG_20120107_161637.jpg
    For those of you that aren't aware, LadyBug Campground is litterally right down the street from Cowtown & is the closest place to stay for SpyderFest!!!
    So naturally, our next visit was to go see Len & the gang at Cowtown. Upon our arrival, a few of the Cowtown Crew were taking full advantage of the warmer than normal weather and were litterally hanging out of the windows. Well, at least 1 window, that of Lens Dads office -lol- To which we were warmly welcomed with opened arms and of course, the inevitable question, "Where's Teddy?" -lol- I had him in his enclosed carrier to keep warm & toasty at highway speeds, so he wasn't readily visible. As soon as I unzipped his door, he bounded out and headed for some schmooz'n & love'n. I swear, Cowtown is like his second home & he could smell and remember where the breakroom was (he enjoyed sharing some BBQ ribs when we were there last) right away. We had a really nice visit, saying hi to everybody again, and of course, Len was there to welcome us as well. He told us we just missed the MoGang Meeting about SpyderFest just a couple of hours earlier (Dang IT!) but we'll see them all soon enough in a couple of months at SpyderFest. Len was very EXCITED about all thats going in to this years Fest & even showed me some of the "Special" mods that the 2012 Limited Eddition SpyderFest RT-S's are going to enjoy. Wait til you see these rims he's got going on, one of a kind & VERY NICE!!! We talked for a bit, while Teddy schmoozed it up with his adoring fans, not to mention be'n a good boy & beg'n for treats -LOL- When we got ready to leave, I was still talking with Len when I started Teds Red Sled up. Mind you, Teds Red Sled is the first SpyderFest Eddition byke that Len did for last years Fest, we're #1 of 5. (Inside joke, ask Len how to spell eDdition-lol-) As soon as I started the byke, Len cocked his head a little, walked up to the throttle, and gave it a light twist. He then asked me, "Didn't you just have this in for service?" at my local dealer back in Ohio. "Yup, just got it back before this trip, why you ask?" "Did they tell you that you needed a new Y-gasket?" "Ummmm, nope, didn't mention a thing about it. You mean you could tell just by listening to it like that?" "Oh yeah, sounds like yours is just starting to go out, but I can barely hear the difference, so you'll wanna get that replaced soon." WoW!!! Thats what sets Len & Cowtown apart from all other dealers (at least that I've dealt with) is that little attention to detail that most other dealers miss. He also noticed that the front of the saddle was starting to crack right at the seem between the saddle & the glove box crotch area. "When you call them about the Y-gasket, tell them to also get you a new seat ordered under warrantee, it shouldn't be like that. How's the ryde, have you noticed alot of vibrations?" (which I have) "Ummm, now that you mention it, yeah. I read on SpyderLovers about the clearance issue, but thought that was only on the 2010 models." "Its the 2010 & early 2011s that some are having vibration issues due to not enough clearance, they didn't ask you if you were having any vibration issues>?" I felt silly at this point, cause I have a pretty good dealer, that will do anything they can to help & keep us on the road. But as I mentioned earlier, thats the difference between most dealers & Len & the crew at Cowtown, all those little details that come with knowing your product & giving your customers (FRIENDS) the very BEST Service that they can. Len even made the comment when we were talking earlier about Cowtowns Great Success with Spyders & what he attributes it to, "Well, you know, here, your a friend first & a customer second & thats how I try n treat everyone we deal with." What a great model, just wish ALL dealers thought, felt & LIVED the same. IMHO, The Spyder World would be so much better for it.
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 01-18-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Teddy's trip to ThreeFeet in Salem, MO - Part IV - We make it to ThreeFeets

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 01-11-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Teddy's trip to ThreeFeet in Salem, MO - Part V - We begin the Journey Home

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 01-11-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Teddy's trip to ThreeFeet in Salem, MO - Part VI - We make a SpyderLovers PitStop

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 01-11-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like Teddy had a great time and would like to do it again real soon..
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Wink Coldest ryde of the season so far

Well, we got a dusting of snow yesterday. Had some impressive downpours of huge snow flakes, but it didn't last very long at all. Only bad part really is that the bottom dropped out of the temps. and we are down to 15 degrees this morning. With wind-chill, its right at 0. Made for a brisk ryde in to work this morning, thats for sure. One of these days, when Teddy makes it big & rich, I'll get one of those nifty Corbin seats thats heated along with some heated Gerbing gear as well. But for now, just tough'n it out with the basics, but it still works. Only thing that was really cold after the 19 mile ryde was my finger tipps, even with the RT-S's heated grips on high & with new winter gloves to boot. Oh yeah, when he makes it big time, also have to get a snow-mobile helmet, as many others Ive spoken with say it makes all the difference in the world when it comes to Winter Ryde'n. I was working on Teds heated pad last night. It works really well for the little guy, but sadly. on our trip this past weekend, when I went to fuel up at our last stop, I forgot to disconnect the plug for his heating pad, and pulled the connectors that a fellow SpyderLover sent us right apart, destroying them & making the connection useless. I had remembered all the other times, but was just in too much of a rush & it wasn't a habbit yet, and well, I got what I got. I didn't let the Tedster freeze mind you, I put 6 of those chemical heat warmers under his cusion, & he seamed fine with that, no shiverring or whining, tho I'm sure it wasn't as warm as the electric pad was. I thought I had it figured out last night, but upon my last check, I think I may have blown the fuse for the 12 volt connection in the rear trunk. No power to it all when last I checked it, so I'll have to remedy that before our 700+ mile trip on Sunday to Lamonts in TN. Dax (KingGeek) will be ryding down with us as well, so it will be nice to have another Spyder along for the trip. Gotta get back to work for now. Oh yeah, Not sure if you noticed, but up above in my previous posts, I first posted pics of our Trip to ThreeFeets in Salem MO, and now, as I get time, I'm going back and adding in the context of what transpired on this past Adventure, as usual. rarely a dull moment when it comes to Teddy taking Road-Trips. There's even a part where, as the sun was setting in the middle of nowhere & we were momentarily lost, I thought banjos were gonna start playing & I had flashbacks to Deliverence !!! Stay tuned ...............................................

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

And we didn't even use the right side saddle bag, as I have it stuffed with my rain-gear & full face helmet, not to mention a bunch of junk in the trunk

Have I said lately How Much I Love Teds Red Sled?
    Bet ya used a HUGE SHOEHORN!!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

I think Dave broke his camera after those pix of that fat old broad outside of Salem. They should be banned for ugley content!!! Not the ones of Teddy tho!!!

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Girl, Please. ........

20120108_095028.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    I think Dave broke his camera after those pix of that fat old broad outside of Salem. They should be banned for ugley content!!! Not the ones of Teddy tho!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Red face

It's an absolute wonder and amazing that your camera didn't break!!!!! Don't you know it's bad form to put ugly on This forum!!!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Take time to Appreciate all the good in your life

Since we've gotten Teds Red Sled back from the shop & get'n most of our issues resolved (rear tire/brakes, parking brake, frunk release) you'd think we just bought our first Spyder for the first time. I mean, I found myself out in the garage, waxing every piece of that Viper Red tupperware that I could & this was at 1am on a work-day. We, like in many areas of the country, have been having unseasonably warm weather lately, like a roller coaster of ups & downs, but especially so for the middle of winter. The other day, it reached a high of 60 degrees, narrowly missing our all time record for the date. Granted, we also had some showers & 40 MPH wind gusts, but as addicted as we are, of cours Teddy & I were out enjoying the ryde on his Spyder.

Having the issues of the rear tire being bald & the rear brake pad gone, spirited ryding was out for us til I got the issues fixed, just not smart to push any vehicle to its limits when its not road ready. So now that we're road ready, WOW!!! the Adrenaline rush of get'n on it in the twisties is back and with a vengence.

How's that old saying go? You don't miss something til its gone. Well let me tell you, even tho we were never without Teds Red Sled, having the ability to hit the twiaties again has made me Appreciate the Spyder even more than I did before.

It was warm enoug for me to remove the top on Teds carrier so he could really enjoy having his head in the air again, even if it was only for a day & you could tell he was loving it & so were all the people that could see him again. So many ppl were pointing, everywhere I looked there seemed to be a camera phone pointed at us & The Tedster, being himself, was readily ham'n it up for the poperatzi.

God, its good to be alive, and even better to be a Spyder Owner, or in my case, a Spyder cheuffer

Spyder Garage

Cool I posted a New Photo Gallery of Jan 2012 of Teds trip to LadyBug, CowTown & 3feets

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy didn't get to ryde this weekend, just too much ice on the roads

This past weekend turned out to be a bust for us, bunches of rain & just cold enough for it to turn into ice, so we didn't venture out at all & just kinda hybernated & dreamed up our next job of mods to be done & there always seems to be an endless supply of mods need'n to be done. On Friday, I snapped a cpouple pics of the Tedster Supervising as my buddy & I removed the front 2 tires & took them to WalMarts Tire dept. so they could rotate the 2 fronts & then balance them as well. Noticed we're getting excessive wear on the inside, not too bad for 22,000 miles, but we figure with rotating them, we should be able to squeeze another 6-10,000 out of 'em IMG_20120115_170344.jpg IMG_20120115_170416.jpg

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Another blah, gray, mid-western Winters day, 35 & raining some more

rain rain go away
    come back when we're sleep'n I say
    when its cold, we can ryde
    when its wet, we can ryde
    but when its COLD & WET
    we just wanna stay under the covers & hide

Spyder Garage

Question ok, so, what do you think?

How should I go about entering Teddy into the BRP Camera Crew Films your journey getting to the Owners Event with having a non-BRP camper & so much attention given to to Teddy, I don't know if having a film crew along would be more hassle than its worth The financial incentive sure would be nice tho IMG_20110430_154634.jpgIMG_20110928_191051.jpg So, thoughts

Spyder Garage

How should I go about entering Teddy into the BRP Camera Crew Films your journey getting to the Owners Event with having a non-BRP camper & so much attention given to to Teddy, I don't know if having a film crew along would be more hassle than its worth The financial incentive sure would be nice tho IMG_20110430_154634.jpgIMG_20110928_191051.jpg So, thoughts
    Oh my, a film crew following Teddy around. That dog would be insufferable. He'd get the idea that if someone wants to take his picture, they need to start paying up...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Default Hope they do

I think it's time for Teddy to hit the big screen. Go for it and hope they choice you.
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Maybe next years event we will enter

Decided it best to not enter for this year, even though the financial Incentive would have been a great help. This year has just been a financial bear to deal with & because of that, I'm really having issues of bringing everything together to do our Spyder Events & road-trips this year. The OSR (Ohio Spyder Ryders) club is going to have rydes scheduled almost every weekend, then we have SpyderFest in April, Owners Event in June, Lamonsters Bar-B-Q in there somewhere, Spyders in the Adirondacks ...... not to mention my forced vacation time off the 1st two weeks of June & heading to Cali to visit with Family.
    Not sure how & I'm sure some things will have to change, but we'll get it figured out one way or the other

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Sorry we're being pretty quiet on here lately but dealing with kidney stones again