Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up PM sent reguarding Adopting SkYdie the cat

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    That's the way it works YOU WORK I GET SOC SEC.!!!!! I haven't added to THAT pile since 04. SO I Need your input!!! And Thank you Very Much!!! Keep er goin. If Teddy has a maj problem with the cat send him/her to me I'll take Him/her . THAT is a pretty cat. Do they play wll together or is Teddy TOP DOG!?? and no buts about it?? Seeing all those groceries sure puts a picture into the 41 GALLLONS ++++ the Ted sled holds. ( Who would EVEN PUT 41+++ GALLONS into the bike!! maybe it's 410?) All that water would make it slosh!
    If your serious & this weekend would work for you, the Tedster & I could load up SkYdie in the camper & make a road-trip & deliver her to you, just let us know. It sure would save Teddy from serious injury & Im thinking he'd be just as happy knowing she has a good loving home with you & he can have me all to himself again

Spyder Garage

Talking The shop called yesterday & all the parts are in *** YAY ***

Ok, so we needed a new left side rain diverter (lower wing) that broke off when I ran over the pot-hole from hell in the rainstorm a couple weeks back.

Needed a new windshield (dog-bone) mount that cracked & broke all the way through, not related to the pot-hole incident. Shop says you can't order just the mount, but have to also order the motor (that raises & lowers the RT windshield) & replace both as per BRP. Whatever, its their dime as it should be covered under Warranty as you can still see that theres another crack in the upper part of the mount, thats only cracked half the way through. I've seen in another thread where 6 or 7 other RT's have cracks in their mounts as well, & a few have already been replaced under Warranty. So, if you have an RT I'd suggest giving your mount a good lookover, just to make sure yours is still in good shape.

Have to have the parking brake cable & front spool replaced, as the cable itself actually had a crack in the outter sheath, not allowing it to wind back around the spool, so it couldn't ingage or disengage. This has been a major PITA, especially since on the SE5 RT's you HAVE TO engage the parking brake when shutting down. If you don't, the byke sounds a LOUD beeping sound for about thirty seconds to alert you that you forgot to set it. Its loud enough to wake your neighbors This too should be covered under Warranty.

The front trunk release button stopped working a while back & they replaced the switch under Warranty, but it still isn't working, so they'll be checking into that once more.

I'm finally getting a new rear tire, going with the stock tire this time, but thinking our next one will be a car tire. Scotty explained pretty well why the stock "hybrid" rear tire wears out in the center so quickly in another thread, & it makes since, the more highway "high speed" miles you put on, the faster the rear tire will wear in the center. Since I ryde daily, back & forth to work on the expressway & do alot of road-trips, it makes since to switch to a longer life tire for us. Mind you, I'm not complaining, as we got 20,700 miles on this first one & from what I've read, thats close to double what many other ryders are getting, if not more.

And the last thing we're get'n done, is a new rear brake pad, as its gone. Hope the rotor is still in good enough shape to continue to use & that doesn't have to be replaced.

I need to head up there & see how its all coming together.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Hope the rotor is still in good enough shape to continue to use & that it doesn't have to be replaced
    UGH!!! Bad news, the rotor is shot & has to be replaced Minimum is something like 5.5mm & its at 5.3, so a no go & just my luck, they don't have any in stock

I have a feeling if I were at one of the many average dealers that are out there, that many of you have to deal with on a daily basis I'd litterally be stranded right now, seeing as the Spyder is my only mode of transport.

But hats off to the crew here at Middletown Cycle, cause their not leaving me stranded. The owner has them taking a rotor off of their new model on the showroom floor so they can keep Teddy & I Rock'n & Roll'n & Spyder Ryde'n

So I'm chill'n here at the shop for a little while longer while they get this taken care of for me. I had my co-worker drop me off, so I'm sad cause Teddy is still at the house, undoubtedly wondering where in the hell I am It was funny tho, as soon as I walked in, everyone was all smiles & look'n for the Tedster & I had to brake the bad news to them that he was still at home & you could just see the joy leave their faces instantly

Tho they still were happy to see me, I get it & know that I can't make the masses Happy ike the lil Tedster can

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

That's a good dealer to keep you going Dave. Sucks on the rotor having to be replaced tho.
    Congrats on getting back in the road quickly!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Possible Road-Trip this weekend down to MO-GANG country

Hey, if Threefeet gets back to me about adopting Teddy's cat, & she does want her & she's good to go for this weekend, The Tedster & I will be road-trip'n it down to the Mo-Gang area. Would be cool to meet up with y'all again

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Hey, if Threefeet gets back to me about adopting Teddy's cat, & she does want her & she's good to go for this weekend, The Tedster & I will be road-trip'n it down to the Mo-Gang area. Would be cool to meet up with y'all again

Cool. I'll PM you her email address!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up YAY, found a Great new home for SkYdie & we get to take a Road-Trip to Mo-Gang land

Sharon (ThreeFeet) is going to adopt Teddy's cat, SkYdie & we are gonna make a Spyder Road-trip tomorrow to deliver her.Kinda fitting, see'n as we'll be there for Sharons Birtday Party

Spyder Garage

Default good luck dave

good luck dave, have a safe trip
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Thanks buddy

Leaving at 5am tomorrow, 500 miles one way, so we get to do a thousand mile road-trip inthe middle of winter Sounds a little insane, but the weather is actually suppose to be great for our trip

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Hey Coz, I just noticed yur tag line. . . . Whats up with that???

Spyder Garage

Default a joke

ii put it up last night , just to see how long it would take to get a reaction
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Talking Uh huh, I see how it is, you & arntufun are just jealous haters, thats all

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Skydie and I

I will have enough stuff to take care of Skydie,and Dave and The Tedster. Got food for cat and dog probably not as good as what Dave gives em. But it'll fill em up. Anyway looking forward to seing the "GUYS" 2 and 4 legged. See ya'll Saturday. Weather here will be in the upper 50's on Saturday. Sat. nite around 35 Sunday hi 53 winds ENE at 5 to 10. I ahve parking in a very large garage for the TD SLED andTrailer. Might get a wild hair and give all a bath. Shine up the Sled. See ya soon.
    Last edited by ThreeFeet; 01-06-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Wooo Hooo!!!! Can't sleep, to jazzed up for the trip- ThreeFeet, HERE WE COME!!!

So we'll be packing up soon & head'n out. GPS shows 500 miles one way, about 8 hours.
    So I'm guessing with "Teddy Time" it should take us about 10 hours
    But its all good, a road trip is good for the soul, ya know

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post

He caught you Coz !!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Miss it again

So we'll be packing up soon & head'n out. GPS shows 500 miles one way, about 8 hours.
    So I'm guessing with "Teddy Time" it should take us about 10 hours
    But its all good, a road trip is good for the soul, ya know

what was your route, if going down I 64 could meet and ride a while with you and Ted? #812 455 4541
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Default we made it, but no internet* update later

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

He made it and a little!!! passed by the brick pillers and went to the end of the road called me and said was lookin at a Gate. So got him turned around and headed back and got him and trailer into the garage. Safe and sound. Teddy in great shape Dave should be POOPED out as he left his place ( he said) at around 0400 got here at around 1630. Not bad considering all the hoopla over the trailer and of course Teddy ( THAHAM!!!) Most all spyder owners KNOW how long it takes to gas up. And of course with a ham like Teddy it's even LONGER!!!! But they are in great shape for the shape their in. The cat is beautiful and will have a great time here once she gets used to all the comings and goings of 5 cats and a dog. ( Who btw doesn't LIKE Teddy!!! took a snap at him!!! She just doesn't usually do that kind of thing! I am really upset because she got REALLY teritorial all of a sudden!!!) Anywho that's the update so far. His rig is DIRTY from the dust!!! And would like to know rcdurango's name he couldn't get it as his phone kept cutting in and out. I'm in the STICKS where I get about 1 or 2 bars on MY phone so anyone else is just stuck!!

Spyder Garage

Default Who me?

Dave, was nice talking to you this evening even if it was a little hard to hear between the breaks. My name is Richard and looking forward to maybe meeting up Sunday with you and the Tedster. I text StriperKing to see if he would like to go for a ride also. He has
    no seat on his Spyder right now and is waiting for his Corbin seat to come in. I offered to loan my old one so he might join up for a ride. You have my # so give me a buzz around Mt. Vernon IL and I will head that way to meet up with you. Have a good ride!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    Dave, was nice talking to you this evening even if it was a little hard to hear between the breaks. My name is Richard and looking forward to maybe meeting up Sunday with you and the Tedster. I text StriperKing to see if he would like to go for a ride also. He has
    no seat on his Spyder right now and is waiting for his Corbin seat to come in. I offered to loan my old one so he might join up for a ride. You have my # so give me a buzz around Mt. Vernon IL and I will head that way to meet up with you. Have a good ride!
    It's 10:55 PM here and so I left a note on the mirror in the bathroom so he will see it when he gets up when ever that is! he really is tired and bloodshot eyes. Think he was asleep BEFORE his head hit the pillow. good luck on getting to ryde with him. Hard to do that with the timeing and all. I for one couldn't get on time ANYWHERE anymore to meet up with somebody. Soo have a goody. Drive safe.

Spyder Garage

Default Nice Visit

Great to finally meet you Dave and Teddy. Enjoyed the company and Judy and I welcome you anytime your in the area to stay over. And Chance also said anytime! He was sad to see Teddy leave. Hope you arrived home safely. By the way, we to had to get our pic with the Tedster. Hope we can hook up sometime soon if not at Spyderfest.
    IMG_0467.jpgIMG_0463.jpgIMG_0465.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    Great to finally meet you Dave and Teddy. Enjoyed the company and Judy and I welcome you anytime your in the area to stay over. And Chance also said anytime! He was sad to see Teddy leave. Hope you arrived home safely. By the way, we to had to get our pic with the Tedster. Hope we can hook up sometime soon if not at Spyderfest.
    IMG_0467.jpgIMG_0463.jpgIMG_0465.jpg
    Nice pix!!!!Glad to know he made it to your place safe and sound. Hope he gets home ok. he better put it out here that he did do that!!! BTW Skydie is sitting on my lap as i do this. No motor running yet she's still kinda holding off on the purr bit till she gets used to me. BUT got to ask Dave, Did you shave her? if so you got her wiskers and eyebrows. no wonder she bumps into things that are a little tight. She went wandering today and got under my bed, scatered 2 cats and scared herself, I think. Anyway she's getin there. Be awhile before she gets fully setteled. Still has her"Harley shirt"on sheeeeese!!!! HARLEY???? Maybe I should call her Harley! I really think she needs a better name than Skydie. I'm ThreeFeet might make her FourFeet. Workin on that. Dave you better lets us all know you got home ok!!!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up We made it

1am, just now got home, tired but well
    Gotta be at work at 6am, so I'll update when I get home from work. G'nite

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy did over One Thousand miles this weekend, & had a BLAST

Thanks guys, not much time here today at work, not to mention stability of frame of mind in making sentences right now, after about 2 hours of sleep then in here for work. I'll just say THANKS for the Wonderful Hospitality that we recieved on the road this weekend. SpyderLovers are truly a unique group of people, and I mean that in a GOOD way.Once I get home & some rest, I'll update more of Teds Adventurous Weekend.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool You got HOME!!!!!!

I am SOOOOOOO glad you made it OK!!!! Even my neighbor Maxine was worried you might not be ok. Just called her and told when you got home. Her reaction---- WOW!!! Soo you have GOT to be beyond pooped!!! Get some sleep!!! Skydie is doing fine been out of her little house almost all day think she has been every where in the house,examined all my "junk" and hasn't made any comments about it one way or tuther. Sooo think she will get along just fine given time. Thanks for bringing her. I was kidding about changing her name. BTW got a phone call from the KOA and she wanted to know if I wanted anyone else to share a site. have to let her know so she could put 2 in a bigger site. She didn't know there was a big to do about this infestation. Just saw all these requests for spaces from ppl all over the states. Sooo if you want to share I'm ok with that if not anybody else want to share?? warning I snore. Later ya'll. Just have to get my stuff together and lv Mo arround the 18th? 19th? Gona take 2 days for sure. ( you know the Tedster has a room here)
    Last edited by ThreeFeet; 01-09-2012 at 06:57 PM.