Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

There is also a calming med you can get at the pet store that will help. I have to use it on Wynston when he goes to groomers. Also remember you had to leave him for a good amount if time when you had the surgery. Longer than normal. May need to work by leaving him a small amount of time and keep increasing it. Just a thought. Search the Internet I am sure there is lots out there. Take care.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Teddy is very smart, and a fast learner. When your normal routine was disrupted with your injury, he picked up the new one fast. Now he sees another change. It will take a while for him to adjust, just like it will when you go back to work. He will likely fuss a bit, but it shouldn't cause him any harm. Just train him in the new routine. I'm sure he'll get the idea quickly. He's just worried about you, and has spent nearly every minute by your side for several weeks now.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation I allowed myself to anticipate making SpyderFest, but after todays PT visit, I may

have set myself & Teddy up for disappointment My previous visit went well & the incission looked better. As soon as I got there today, my Therapist asked to check my incission. We were both anticipating that it was continuing to get better. But as soon as she removed the bandage, she let out an audible gasp followed by "OHHHHHH!" She tried to downplay it, covered it back up & said she'd be right back, she needed to go talk with my surgeon whom I see on Monday to get his determination on if he has to open me back up or not Tonight, when changing the bandage, I noticed that I can feel lumps under my skin around the incission, no clue what the heck that is. Never noticed it before tho I was trying NOT to get my hopes up about SpyderFest, but lets face it, its only once a year & its the LARGEST & BEST SpyderLovers get-together in the country and We were SO looking forward to seeing so many of our friends again. I'm still hoping for the BEST tho

Spyder Garage

We will continue to pray that you can make the "PARTY". Maybe some of those lumps are "rocks" from the Rock Ryde ........just from the anticapation!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

There will be other Spyderfests. The important thing now is to get your health back. It would be best to concentrate on that, and worry less about the other things. Nancy and I have both had to suddenly put our lives on hold to deal with serious health issues over the years. It's not fun, but it is a necessary evil...and sure beats the alternative. I believe you heal better if you adopt a positive outlook and concentrate on getting better. Adjust your focus, let Teddy relieve the sadness, and keep moving forward. Like last year when you needed to deal with Teddy's injury, this too will pass if you give it time. We will continue to pray for healing.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    There will be other Spyderfests. The important thing now is to get your health back. It would be best to concentrate on that, and worry less about the other things. Nancy and I have both had to suddenly put our lives on hold to deal with serious health issues over the years. It's not fun, but it is a necessary evil...and sure beats the alternative. I believe you heal better if you adopt a positive outlook and concentrate on getting better. Adjust your focus, let Teddy relieve the sadness, and keep moving forward. Like last year when you needed to deal with Teddy's injury, this too will pass if you give it time. We will continue to pray for healing.

Can't say it better than Scotty. Your health is a priority now. Prayers for healing.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Default You guys are correct, nothing tops ones health, without it, little else matters

IMG_20120409_154539-1.jpgIMG_20120409_154519-1.jpgI'm just sad and frustrated but this too shall pass
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 04-15-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Cool Sunny and almost 80 degrees, was a Great day for Spyder Ryde'n

Teddy & I met up with 4 other local Cincinnati Spyder Ryders at Eden Parks Overlook & it was an Awesome day for another meet n greet. After we parted ways, Teddy & I headed out route 50 to meet up with family at a park close to Batavia that we've never been to, and we had some great roads & good times. Being sunny & hot, we stopped by a UDF (United Dairy Farmers) & we both got our own ice creams Its so funny tho, cause Teddy knows nothing about pacing himself when eating, and its SO CUTE & FUNNY when you see him get brain-freeze

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 04-15-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default My surgeon is seeing if he can get the hospital to allow him to open me up tomorrow

Not what I was hoping for, but it IS what is needed. After seeing my surgeon today, he wants to open the incission back up, clean it out, see whats going on if possible & close it mostly back up, but leave it open a bit to allow for drainage. Hoping thats all thats needed & I'll go into the hospital late tomorrow & he'll operate on me after he gets done with his daily work load. Said it should only take about 15-20 minutes, but I'll still need to be put out & have to stay overnight again He's not sure that they'll be able to get a culture to grow, since I just finished a round of antibiotics yesterday. Worse case scinerio, the infection has spread further than he's thinking & its gotten as far as the spine, then I'd have to be on an IV antibiotic for 24/7 for 6 weeks, but he's thinking we're no where near that, just letting me know what the worse case scinerio could be. Was a little shocking that he wanted to get me in ASAP tho, like tomorrow night. I noticed this morning that the incission was pretty bright red, itchy & burning when I changed the bandage & still lots of drainage. When he was poking & proding, it was much more sensitive than ever before & he was able to ellicite some out of me, which really stressed Teddy out. He was trying to be good, and tho never aggressive, he didn't like the fact of me being in physical pain, but when we were all done, he still gave my doc high-fives, hand shakes & of course lickens So, looks like SpyderFest 2012 is out for us but we'll be keep'n a positive attitude & following along with all our SpyderLovers friends that post pics & vids of all the great times

Spyder Garage

Hang in there. We are all praying for you. You will be missed. Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Dave, I know you are disappointed, but with a persistent infection that close to the bone it is critical to take care of the problem and the business at hand. You just work at healing and at keeping us informed. We'll take care of the prayers and make the apologies for you at Spyderfest. We need to get you back in business so we can share the fun in days to come.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Really appreciate the prayers & support

Dr's office just called & said the hospital can't confirm anything at this point, being so last minute, but that I should plan on eating nothing after 1am & being at the hospital at 3pm tomorrow, so thats where things stand at this point in time.

Spyder Garage

Dave, First priority is to do what ever is needed to get this right. Just be assured that there is a lot of people pulling for you and praying for you & Teddy! We'll be looking for you in Durango when all this is just a memory!

Hang in there!

Jack & Nancy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Dave, I know you are disappointed, but with a persistent infection that close to the bone it is critical to take care of the problem and the business at hand. You just work at healing and at keeping us informed. We'll take care of the prayers and make the apologies for you at Spyderfest. We need to get you back in business so we can share the fun in days to come.
    I agree with all Scotty said, but was wondering something...

...can Teddy still come to SpyderFest???
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Question Hmmmm, I wonder if we have any Techno Geeks like Sheldon Cooper from BBT here on SL?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    I agree with all Scotty said, but was wondering something...

...can Teddy still come to SpyderFest???
    In one episode he built a VPD (Virtual Presence Device) that we could use for the Tedster, not exactly the same as being there, but about as close as the lil guy could manage, as he won't leave my side Anyone out there know how to do this

Spyder Garage

Default You take care of YOU

You and Tedster will be missed....BRP event in Durango a possible? Praying for you
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Dave- I put a note on another thread about your status.

Just a thought... Do you have an iPhone and have you done FaceTime??
    Just thinking... Maybe, if you have it, and some of us can find wifi at CowTown, etc. maybe we can FT a couple of times to help your healing time

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Dave- I put a note on another thread about your status. Just a thought... Do you have an iPhone and have you done FaceTime??Just thinking... Maybe, if you have it, and some of us can find wifi at CowTown, etc. maybe we can FT a couple of times to help your healing time Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD
    Hey Phil, good think'n buddy, but alas, Teddy & I don't have the Apple Bug, just the original Droid & Galaxy Tab Guess we'll just be checking SL for updates that y'all are posting for those of us that can't make it this year Good think'n outside the box tho, buddy

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teds home alone & I'm spending the night at the hospital. All went well, so far

Before leaving for the hospital today, I geared up Teddy & we went grocery shopping in case I can't ryde for a while again. As usual, The Tedster was a hit at the store, with mobs of fans requesting pics & licks with the lil guy Even had one fellow follow us out to Teds Red Sled and he made the comment, "Man, that right there is what dreams are made of" to which I could only agree As for my surgery, I think all went well, tho I was still kinda out of it when my surgeon was recapping it for me. Figure I'll get the details when he sees me later today when I get released to go home. So far, so good

IMG_20120417_130747.jpgIMG_20120417_130734.jpgIMG_20120417_130713.jpgPics from the Cincy riverfront on our way home yesterday from the grocerySUCH A POSER

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Before leaving for the hospital today, I geared up Teddy & we went grocery shopping in case I can't ryde for a while again. As usual, The Tedster was a hit at the store, with mobs of fans requesting pics & licks with the lil guy Even had one fellow follow us out to Teds Red Sled and he made the comment, "Man, that right there is what dreams are made of" to which I could only agree As for my surgery, I think all went well, tho I was still kinda out of it when my surgeon was recapping it for me. Figure I'll get the details when he sees me later today when I get released to go home. So far, so good

IMG_20120417_130747.jpgIMG_20120417_130734.jpgIMG_20120417_130713.jpgPics from the Cincy riverfront on our way home yesterday from the grocerySUCH A POSER
    Sooooo sorry you can't make it here. You WILL be missed. Take care and see if Doc can't set you up with a home nurse to change your bandage. There's a possibility you could have given yourself an infection trying to put that bandage on yourself. That's a pretty trick to getting it on with out turning yourself into a pretsel!! Don't know what kind of precautions you use when you change it, but what ever you use it needs to be REALLY good and sanitary ++++. ( sorry it's the nurse in me yaking here!!!) Anyway sure hope it all turns out ok.!!! ( and Teddy is STILL the biggest HAM I know!!!)

Spyder Garage

Red face Pretty drugged up once again, but I'm home

with a 10 pound mass attached at the hip

Spyder Garage

Hoping it was just a simple incision and you're up and about shortly.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Yup, reopened the previous incision, cleaned & pumped the area full of AntiBiotics

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Hoping it was just a simple incision and you're up and about shortly.
    Early culture results show its most probable to be a simple staph infection & NOT the Dreaded MRSA which my sister has had now for the past 7 years. Now I have a tube coming from the incision leading into what looks like a hand granade half full right now of the bloody antibiotics that continue to seep from the wound. Have to be careful with it just as is til I see my surgeon again on Friday, when he'll make the call to leave it as is for a bit longer or remove it, we'll see. Right now, its a little more tender than was before, so Teddy & I are stuck home, not ryding & moderating anything that I do right now. Lots of rest & naps, which Teddy is all for as long as he stays attached to my hip So far, so good. Reminds me of my favorite sign that we happend upon at a local park, atop a colusium done wonderfully in chalk IMG_20120409_154539-1.jpg

arntufun

This is good news Dave, I hope all the pain is behind you now.