Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    zrc

Keep the faith. The mind you have, and your will alone will heal you faster than you can possibly imagine. Science and Medicine will help and people are smart, but your belief in yourself and your positive attitude can beat down other items that haunt you.

You know someone could come drive your spyder and you could just ryde in the motomate to spyderfest. Packed in memory foam, or you know... popcorn.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Thanks & you are right about attitude & mindframe of thinking, I'm just so dang

frustrated at myself

The damn P in NO BLTPs stands for
    No
    Bending
    Lifting
    Twisting or
    Plunging

Spyder Garage

Default plunging?

it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Question Get yur mind outta the gutter & into the toilet- Isn't that a 70's soundtrack?

So last Friday I was feeling fine & went to the bathroom, but the toilet started to overflow when I flushed it The plunger was right next to the toilet, so instead of just watching it make a tremendous mess that I couldn't clean up (& I don't care how good a friend someone is, cleaning up another persons should be avoided at all costs, to remain good friends IMHO) I decided I could do it by bending my legs, not my back & safely doing it without the BLTs & I did it, damnit & avoided the mess. I felt fine, only exerted myself for 30-45 seconds, but I guess thats all it took. I went to bed (couch) feeling fine, but when I awoke, I couldn't move without extreme pain that no amount of narcotics nor ice could ellieviate. The same symptoms that had me in the ER over a month ago were once again my unwanted friends & I just suffered thru it to get to my PT appointment today. Its a bitch when you can't see the area in question (middle/small/back) especially when you can't Bend, Lift, Twist or Plunge Just for fun, tomorrow morning, after your shower, try something simple like putting on your socks without BENDING, LIFTING or TWISTING & if you want to make me feel better & laugh, take a video of it & post it here Believe me, if you CAN do it, its gonna be funny

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

I am afraid I THINK I might know what the Doc is gona do when he sees your back, sure hope it fixes your problem!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Just for fun, tomorrow morning, after your shower, try something simple like putting on your socks without BENDING, LIFTING or TWISTING & if you want to make me feel better & laugh, take a video of it & post it here Believe me, if you CAN do it, its gonna be funny
    If you sit and flex your hip and knee and place your foot on the opposite knee (without bending forward), does that increase your back pain? If it does, check on getting a sock aide, which we supply to all knee replacement patients. Just a thought.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation I keep tell'n myself to stay positive, but I'm really concerned

You'd think I have a hernia on the left side of the incinsion right now, about the size of my fist & bright red, just on the left side. I was laying on the recliner earlier and the pressure on the incission was uncomfortable so I placed a pillow back there. The door bell wrang & when I got up, I noticed the back of my shirt at the incission site was saturated We leave in a few minutes to go see my surgeon, curious what he's gonna tell me is going on. 1st time dealing with something like this

Spyder Garage

Default you were right

toilet plunging isn't what i was thinking of. i'll bet i wasn't the only one especially after seeing your hot neighbors arntufun made me do it

Spyder Garage

Well????
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

You ok Dave ?
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Dave,
    I have been following your saga and hope all is well.....one of my surgeries had problems but with time all is well now. I am certain you will be also.

My thoughts are with you and Teddy..

Greg

Spyder Garage

Smile Really do appreciate ALL the well wishes & kind thoughts (Except from Coz of course)

Coz, you know I'm just bust'n yur chops buddy. Besides my hot neighbors, I now have something in my garage that you REALLY WANTTOSEE Fellow SpyderLover no more Stunnman just sold his beautiful RT Limited to a lady in Tipp City Ohio (Studebaker on here now) & he dropped off a couple of Spyder Goodies that he built himself but no longer needed now that he doesn't own a Spyder & when I explained Teddy could really use them he delivered them to us yesterday I think the one will make you drool maybe just a little BTW! THANK YOU SO MUCH MICHAEL! VERY CLASS ACT OF A MAN & you will be missed on SpyderLovers

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Dr's visit, am I ok? We're not really sure yet but it wasn't the plunging that caused

this, at least my surgeon doesn't think it was caused by plunging. More likely , one of the times I was trying to log-roll my butt off the couch, and I didn't do it entirely correctly, but no one knows for sure. It does appear there is a slight infection now and he started me on Anti-biotics & after poking & prodding and squeezing out some gooey orangish matter, he applied a dressing with instructions to change it daily. Only problem with that, is so much stuff is ozzing out, the dressing is so full I can already feel it seeping out from under the dressings and running down my back My surgeon seemed a little concerned and requested to start the anti-biotics immediately & see him again on Monday to revisit whats going on. He said if its not getting better, he may have to go back & open me up again & clean out the infection I know I have to do whats best for my health to get better, but it really makes me sad, cause if thats the case, SpyderFest 2012 will not be possible for Teddy & I

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Couldn't stand the feeling of it leaking so I changed it tonight, Y U C K!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Granted that doesn't look good......BUT with antiB's you should be able to get it under control with in 10 days. Keep changing the dressings as the doc told you. If possible get somebody else to do it as it pretty much requires the TWIST thing. The GREEN is NOT good! clear stuff with some red is a lot better but still takes more time to get it all stopped. If it all gets better by the 23rd Apr you COULD make it to Cuba. IF NOT?........ well we'll leave it at that. Hope it gets under control REALLY soon!!!! for ya. You've done REALLY good so far and I know you will get a handle on this too and BEAT IT!!!

zrc

Maybe me and Moxi need to run up and hang out to help you and Teddy... And meet the hot neighbors...

Hey man, I am the stay positive, healthy mind / healthy body kinda guy. I know your struggling, but you are gonna bowl through this. The spyder community has faith in you, and I got a hella good bet that there are lots of people in Cincy that are missing you two as well and worried and thinking about you sending prayers and good karma your way.

Stay Gold Ponyboy.

Spyder Garage

Post WoW, I think I'm start'n to `get it` now, I can walk again, albeit only did a block

So Im thinking the extreme pain I went thru over the weekend was due to the pressure building up from the infection, but at the time had no way to escape, hence building up pressure & pain every time I tried to move. Now that the pressure is relieved, I'd say 90% of the pain is also & Advil is heping with that last 10% I tossed & turned most the night, still difficult to find a comfortable position for any long length of time, but better than in the past.Kinda sad, as we're missing the Cincinnati Reds Opening Day Parade & Cerimonies todayHad actually hoped Teddy & his RED Spyder would actually BE in the paradebut in my condition, no way that's possible But its ok, we'll just be satisfied by watching it all unfold on tv Its an "UN"Official Holiday today here in the Cincinnati area & Teddy & I can actually see he Cincinnati Reds Great American Ball Park right from the windows of our condo. Teddy however isn't crazy when the Reds hit a homerun, as they shoot off FIREWORKS and they scare the bigegious out of the lil guy

Spyder Garage

Here is hoping the antibiotics do their thing, and they should. Agree you need someone to change bandage for you and if you need to do it more than once a day so be it. Draining out is good. I had the same thing happen with y shoulder surgery and just getting the incision open, draining and mess and it helped. Not to worry if you make it to Spyderfest you will have lots of people to take care of you. Log rolling is not as easy as they make it out to be!!

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Default ROLEX

I hope your surgeon didn't leave his rolex in there feel better dave give teddy a treat for me

Spyder Garage

Wow Dave, you have been having your problems!! Hope the antibiotics do their thing and the surgeon doesn't have to go back in and clean your incision. Bummer about the parade!! But, more important that you get back on your feet. Sending healing wishes your way.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Hang in there Dave, its gotta get better from here! See ya in Cuba.

Jack

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Facing reality, I'm not so sure SpyderFest 2012 is going to be a real option for us

Guess its gonna be a last minute call, and its hard for me to even allow myself to think this way. My heart is SO heavy right now. We've been shown SO much support & kindness from SO many SpyderLovers, ALL UNIQUE & WONDERFUL PEOPLE in their own ways.

This week, Teddy & I opened up our home to a fellow SpyderLover, traveling on his final journey with his beloved Spyder, delivering his beautiful RT LMTD to her new owner in Central Ohio. He was doing what was right for him at this time in his life, & I fully support him in his decision. As he said, the stars musta been in alignment for all this to happen the way it did.

My heart is sad, my back is sore & Teddy is chilly wanting me to come snuggle with him on the couch & to help keep him warm on this very chilly night. I'll finish this thought tomorrow & hopefully I'll have a renewed vigor with the new sunrise.

Spyder Garage

Psalms 30:5 - '...Weeping may endure for a night, But joy [comes] in the morning.'

Have faith Dave. It'll get better!

Still praying
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Its 5:30am, can't sleep, been toss'n & turn'n all night*the thought of miss'n SF2012

Teddy & I are SO blessedbut right now, the odds are stacked against us

Spyder Garage

Default Count us in!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    Cheer up Dave, it will get better. If you and Teddy can't make it to the Fest them maybe some of us ryder's will have to come and visit you for a mini-mini-Fest at your place!
    Judy and I will do the CincyFest run. Cheering up Dave and Teddy would be our pleasure. I'll even take Teddy for a ride on the red Spyder if it would help.
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the