Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Best not to post in my present frame of mind, maybe tomorrow will enlighten me.

Dave, so good to hear that your doing so well. As I'm sure they told you @ PT it will tend to stir things up initially then things will progress in the correct direction. Glad that your gaining ground daily.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Question SpyderFest 2012 Change of plans. Teddy & I are look'n for a roomy at WagonWheel

OK folks, is anyone interested in share'n a room with Teddy & I at the WagonWheel Inn in Cuba MO? I just booked a room with 2 double beds in the hopes that Teddy & I can find a roomy to split the cost with. We originally made reservations at LadyBug Campground for our Motor-Mate Camper, but since I just had back surgery a couple of weeks ago & will still be recovering, I figured after the long ryde from Cincinnati, camping wasn't the smartest option for us. We're still bringing our camper, that way I can always pull off at a rest-area & take a nap/rest if the ryde is too much for me to handle all at one time.

It will just be Teddy & myself, so you shouldn't be allergic to dogs. Teddy is a 10 pound Pomeranian, an Emotional Support & Therapy dog, very well behaved, rarely barks unless asked to, not aggressive at all, but IS Very Food Motivated & really is a lover of all people. As you can see in the pics, he's kept shortly shaven, so long hair/shedding is not an issue, but if your allergic to dogs, I still wouldn't suggest it.

As for me, I'm a 40 y/o male, divorced & Teddy is my only kid. I don't smoke, rarely drink & am very addicted to Spyder ryde'n, its our ONLY mode of transportation. I don't think I snore, but can't say for sure, although Teddy is another story

Last year, we shared a room with Eddie on the Hocking Hills Weekend ryde & neither of us had any complaints, so I believe I'd make an acceptable roomy.

I booked the room for April 25-26-27-28, as they have a 4 day minimum. Room rates are $85 per night plus 13% tax. If the total is paid in cash, they are offering a 10% discount as a SpyderFest Special.

If your interested, just shoot me a PM & we'll work out all the details. Thanks y'all & look'n forward to having a Great Time with so many of our Extended SpyderLovers Family

Spyder Garage

Exclamation OMG! What have I done?

I can barely move, not sure if I slept wrong or what, but this is much worse than anything I've experienced so far just trying to move positions on the couch

this too shall pass

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

I can barely move, not sure if I slept wrong or what, but this is much worse than anything I've experienced so far just trying to move positions on the couch

this too shall pass

Hang in there bro!

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Maybe I started PT too early, but dang, I hardly did anything

The past couple of days have been excrutiating. So much so, my buddy even stopped by twice yesterday instead of once as usual. I was able to take the Tedster out to go potty without issue before, even walking without too much discomfort of a little over a mile. But now, jus turning on the couch is tear inducing, their running down my dm face right now as I type this. My left leg is a little more numb than usual & has me worried that I've done something, but besides PT I haven't done anything I can think of to cause this pain. When my buddy & his daughter stopped by last night, I had the door to the balcony open cause it was nice & warm out, but I was in so much pain, I was litterally covered in a blanket on the couch, shivering like I was freezing. He broght me over some more ice packs & Ibuprophine, but I can't really tell if their helping. I figure I'll suffer thru whatever this is, & call my Physical Therapist on Monday to see what she has to say. My next appointment with her is on Tuesday, so I'm guessing she'll tell me to not do anything til I see her, as part of my instructions was that, if anything causes me pain, to stop. But I mean, how does one stop laying, when thats all I can really do right now, but even that is causing pain.I feel like such a damn baby right now, can't even control damn tears streaming down my face for no reason. I'm SO Frustrated it Aint Funny Sorry y'all, I'm usually a pretty positive person, but right now, I'm not myself. And poor Teddy is just laying here by my side snoring his lil snore

Spyder Garage

Hang in there Dave, it's bound to get better!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

You might be over doing the walking. When had my back operation over thirty years ago I got over zelous on the walking and it hurt. Good luck on getting better.

Spyder Garage

It happens, Dave. Sometimes it is just a matter of the nerves being made very sensitive by the injury. That can take a long time to heal. Other times it can be the result of residual swelling and inflammation. Despite the pain, the PT is important. I was surprised they waited so long for you, but my injuries and surgeries have been different body parts, so your schedule may be the norm. You will probably need to see the doctor to get something to manage the pain, in order to get through PT. My therapist actually asked my doctor to come up with a solution when I couldn't tolerate the PT without strong pain. There are some non-narcotic solutions for some people, and there are stronger drugs when absolutely necessary. Be warned that any of these solutions may be habit forming, but they may be necessary. They were in my case. The withdrawal wasn't fun, but it was better than the pain...and allowed me to heal otherwise...and get through a couple months of PT first. The folks at therapy may have some other solutions, too...keep working with them. Hang in there, it does get better, but sometimes it is a struggle.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 03-31-2012 at 08:15 AM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default PT and Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    It happens, Dave. Sometimes it is just a matter of the nerves being made very sensitive by the injury. That can take a long time to heal. Other times it can be the result of residual swelling and inflammation. Despite the pain, the PT is important. I was surprised they waited so long for you, but my injuries and surgeries have been different body parts, so your schedule may be the norm. You will probably need to see the doctor to get something to manage the pain, in order to get through PT. My therapist actually asked my doctor to come up with a solution when I couldn't tolerate the PT without strong pain. There are some non-narcotic solutions for some people, and there are stronger drugs when absolutely necessary. Be warned that any of these solutions may be habit forming, but they may be necessary. They were in my case. The withdrawal wasn't fun, but it was better than the pain...and allowed me to heal otherwise...amd get through a couple months of PT first. The folks at therapy may have some other solutions, too...keep working with them. Hang in there, it does get better, but sometimes it is a struggle.
    I agreee with Scotty. Sometimes the pain killers are necessary. I sometimes take Oxycodone before PT but not every time. I still do PT twice a week for surgery done before Xmas. The PT has done wonders for my knee. I can't take Ibuprofin because of interactions with other meds. Anyway hang in there, Dave. It will get better.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Hang in there Dave!!! wonder if "hanging" would help???( not by the neck so don't try THAT! nope... the one where ya hang upside down in that sling thing) laying fairly flat doesn't seem to be all that great! Get your "therepy dog" on it!!! Keep up the GOOD attitude YOU CAN OVERCOME THIS !!!! It might take awhile but you can do it.

Spyder Garage

Post Thanks y'all, but I'm start'n to think that maybe something else is going on

My back is kill'n me at the incission & I can feel its kinda wet back there, I'm freezing & out of the blue, my nose started bleeding a little while ago I'll text my buddy to bring over a thermometer as Ive never really needed one before so I don't have one I'm physically cold, shivvering even, wrapped up with Teddy on the couch under a blanket, but my head hurts & feels hot, at least to me. No clue what all this means

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My back is kill'n me at the incission & I can feel its kinda wet back there, I'm freezing & out of the blue, my nose started bleeding a little while ago I'll text my buddy to bring over a thermometer as Ive never really needed one before so I don't have one I'm physically cold, shivvering even, wrapped up with Teddy on the couch under a blanket, but my head hurts & feels hot, at least to me. No clue what all this means

If you feel something wet by the incission have your buddy look at it. It could be bleeding but worst it could be infected. I've had three surgeries since '07 with over 100 staples and stiches holding me closed and infection was the fear in all of them and something I had to check for daily. If it is infected SEE YOUR DOCTOR ASAP.

Hope you get this thing turned around .

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

arntufun

for ya Dave.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    If you feel something wet by the incission have your buddy look at it. It could be bleeding but worst it could be infected. I've had three surgeries since '07 with over 100 staples and stiches holding me closed and infection was the fear in all of them and something I had to check for daily. If it is infected SEE YOUR DOCTOR ASAP.

Hope you get this thing turned around .
    I agree!!! If the incision has puss, or is unexplainably wet (except from sweat), red, bleeding, or locally hot...get yourself to the emergency room!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb I can't handle all this at once- Change of plans once again-No Wagon Wheel now

OK, PLEASE LET ME BE CLEAR HERE! I DO NOT WISH NOR WANT ANYONE TO CONTACT WAGONWHEEL ON OUR BEHALF. I had explained about Teddy being a Service Dog when I had originally called to place our reservation & Joyce was nice but didn't really understand, at first saying that dogs are only allowed in certain rooms & she wanted to make sure that when Teddy was going to be left alone, that he would be crated More explanation on my part, that he wouldn't be left alone & that he would ALWAYS be with me. I explained the Federal ADA laws, but seeing as Teddy IS an EMOTIONAL SUPPORT & THERAPY DOG, theres a gray area in the Legislation & some polititions are working to change the laws so that ES&T dogs aren't covered under the same rules as an Actual Service Dog, say for the PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED. Not to mention, each state also has their own laws covering Service Animals & I'm personally NOT educated on what the great state of MOs laws are, but I thought she understood well enough & took our reservation along with quoting me the rates & took my Credit Card info. Yesterday, when I made it to the bathropm, I had missed a call & not feeling well, didn't check my voice mail til a little bit ago. It was a lady from WagonWheel calling to comfirm our reservation & to inform me that their would be an additional $40 charge for having a pet in the room I called back & spoke with this lady & explained it all again, & she asked if I told this to Joyce, which I had. She seemed surised & said Jpyce had left her a note to call & tell me. Not wanting to get into a situation, I promptly told her to just cancell my reservation, which surprised her & she said she would call Joyce & let her know, ok, fine. A little later, she called back & said they would only charge me $20, half the additional fee. Once again, I said never mind, just cancell my reservation. So, there's still a room available at the WagonWheel if anyone is intereted.

Spyder Garage

Post Ok, my buddy stopped by & Im ok, for the most part

He brought me a thermometer & my temp. reads perfect, at 98.6. Checked my incission, said it looks good, kind of like after a wound heals over & then the scabs start to come off, half of it looks like that, red but ok, no puss or sign of infection. He also said he got a nosebleed himself last week, from all the pollen in the air & that may be the same reason for mine. Still in alot of pain, not moving motr than I have to.

Spyder Garage

Angry Its 74 degrees & sunny & NO, TEDDY CAN'T COME OUT & PLAY

And Jessy just called want'n to know where Teddy & I were & why we weren't out at the park on such a wonderful day with his Spyder and even tho I'd love nothing more right now, I can still barely get off the couch. Kinda worried that SpyderFest isn't going to be a reality for us

Spyder Garage

Cool OK, I can't see the forest, for the trees & to think, I LUV skydiving, what a shame.

I did this to myself, like a dumbazz, think'n I was doing what I was told, no BLTs & I just realized, there should have been one more added to the list NO BLTPs I'm too embarrazzed to admit what the P stands for at the moment But with judicious amounts of ice therapy & some after-market mood enhancers, I'm able to get off the couch a little better than before

Here's to learning our limitations and MOST IMPORTANTLY MODERATION

Spyder Garage

Dave, hang in there. Things will get better. Your body had major trama with the surgery and now PT is trying to get everything working correctly together. Lots of stuff being done to your body I do understand how you feel. Prayers for you to get some relief soon.

SpyderLady

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Dave, hang in there. Things will get better. Your body had major trama with the surgery and now PT is trying to get everything working correctly together. Lots of stuff being done to your body I do understand how you feel. Prayers for you to get some relief soon.

4 u.

Right now your like this , but soon enough you will be like this

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Interesting evening, have a fellow SpyderLover as an overnight house guest

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question

I did this to myself, like a dumbazz, think'n I was doing what I was told, no BLTs & I just realized, there should have been one more added to the list NO BLTPs I'm too embarrazzed to admit what the P stands for at the moment But with judicious amounts of ice therapy & some after-market mood enhancers, I'm able to get off the couch a little better than before

Here's to learning our limitations and MOST IMPORTANTLY MODERATION
    In my dingaling world BLT is a Bacon lettuce tomato sandwich. Don't know what a BLTP is on a bet. Not a texter!!! don't know how to do that!! so plz explain???

Spyder Garage

Bend, lift, twist. Not sure what the P means. Dave is going to have to explain that one.

SpyderLady

zrc

One would assume pulls, but I am just gonna let that one go...

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Not good news folks, bad PT visit, she even had to call my surgeon

& now I have to see him tomorrow. 1/2 my incission is hot, the other half not. Now showing signs of orangish drainage & once my Therapist saw it, she was kinda shocked, just said don't move & went to get someone else for a second opinion & then called the surgeon & he wants to see me tomorrow. She tried to reassure me saying its probably nothing, but would rather error on the side of caution