Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    MOgang member & Pyro-Lady Joanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Dave, Linda has that motherly instinct about her. Better give her all details or you will totally hear about it later. Yes Linda I love you!!!
    Spyderfest 2017 -- Magic 8.

Joanie

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up I think Linda got it, she read only the 1st paragraph I posted B4 my puter died

I switched batteries & finished updating what the doc had to say, so hopefully she's satisfied if she reread the entire post thats now been updated. Doc said so far so good, keep walking, taking it easy, can start ryding short trips daily again & start physical therapy next week

Y'all have NO CLUE how much being able to ryde again means to me

Spyder Garage

Dave, glad to hear the good news. You are correct when the dogs were on the bike for the parade I was told we were the hit of the parade. Take it easy and hopefully you will be ready for Spyderfest and all the attention YOU will get this time!

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Cool I shouldn't be allowed on here when I'm on my meds, just aint right damnit!!!

So, Weds Teddy & I rode to the Drs and stopped by the park & the dog-shop and home we came with THAT smile (U know what I'm talk'n about) plastered on my face I coulda won the lotto & I wouldn't have been any happier

I didn't take any pain meds Tues or Weds and was feel'n fine. Taking it slow, still no BLTs and doing my walking like I'm supposed to & just laying around Well, today I felt a lil sore, but still did without meds as I could handle it just fine I noticed we're due for rain tomorrow, so I figure since I've been given the OK by my surgeon that short Spyder Rydes are a go, well, geared up the Tedster and off to the park we went. Walked a short bit there, talked with his fans while he posed for pics & even let him play with a couple of other dogs. I wanted to grill a couple hot-dogs but was out of propane, so we stopped by HomeDepot to pick up a cylinder & well, yeah, Here comes Brad Pitt (Teddy) into the store & you woulda thought we set off the fire alarms or something Suppose to be a quick short lil trip & we were in there almost 2 hours with pic requests, questions, well, you get the gist. I really didn't think about how much standing I was doing in helping Teddy mingle with his fans, and when everyone was happy, we went to take our leave on his Red Sled Upon my mounting, thats when the pain really started. The ryde home wasn't bad, as the Utopia Back rest gives me relief of most the pressure on my back. Once home, and dismounting, and walking up the steps, well, yeah, Percocet time & since I haven't taken them in a while, well, lets just say its a good thing you can't see how bad I'm actually typing this right now & having to go back correcting this over and over again.

Also, I had read a thread earlier in the day that someone posted with a Link to a Harley Forum about them trashing the Spyder. I've never been on a Harley a day in my life & have nothing against them, besides some (any MC for this matter, even Spyders, but mostly MC in general) have pipes that are WAY TOO DAMN LOUD & they really stress Teddy out, thats the only thing I have against "SOME" other MCs out there. But yeah, anyways, that thread stuck in my F'd up head, & well, you add "legal" drugs to my F'd up head, and this is what you get

I feel bad, as a new guy to the SL forum (He's an HD ryder but his wife just bought an RS that he rode home, & actually was impressed for the most part) was asking questions and I welcomed him to the site & answered his questions, but I kinda also gave him a lil good natured rib'n (sorry bud if yur read'n this, I really didn't mean anything bad) but thats not really like me at all I blame it on the drugz
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-22-2012 at 10:38 PM.

MOgang member & Pyro-Lady Joanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Dave, please do what the doc tells you too. Want you to be able to make the trip to Cuba!!! Hope you have a quick recovery, know that Teddy wants that. You have the Spyder family all praying for you!!!
    Spyderfest 2017 -- Magic 8.

Joanie

Spyder Garage

Red face I am for the most part, you know how things can get outta hand tho

& Coz just made me split a stitch laughing at his new Avatar

Spyder Garage

Exclamation WOW! Check out the difference between the 2010 & 2011 Lower Deflectors

1332112630315.jpg1332112614613.jpgIMG_20120318_191631.jpg1332112569894.jpg1332112558292.jpg

Bob Denman was nice enough to send us his old 2010 Lower Wind Deflectors after he upgraded. (Thank You BTW Bob) I liked the added wind/rain/snow protection from the larger 2010 shield that we had on our 2010 Spyder, but felt like there was little protection when we traded in our 2010 RT-S for Teds Red Sled which is a 2011 model & had all of the more arodynamic shield & deflectors. Since the Spyder is our ONLY mode of Transportation, I thought it would be nice to have both sets of deflectors for Summer/Winter ryding & am glad I thought along these lines. I was Amazed by the difference, not so much in size, but more so in the angle of the new compared to the old. I think you can see a major difference in these pics that I have posted, as I have one of each mounted. If I hadn't seen it for myself, I wouldn't have believed it. True test will be once I can get out ryding more & see how they do in a downpour. All of us ryding home from SpyderFest 2011 know ALL ABOUT THAT, don't we???
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-23-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

Cool Such a Magnificent day to be out Spyder Ryde'n

We had some impressive thunder storms over night & they thankfully brought down our temps some. We've been having record highs for our area, in the 80's, but only got into the upper 60s and mostly sunny today, just beautiful. Teddy & I got up early enough to make it to the post-office today before they closed. So Tink & Bob, you should be recieving Tinks package on Monday & Teddy threw in something extra, just for you guys After the post office, we stayed local & paid a visit to my brothers for a quick little catch up, then stopped by the general store to pick up some flowers, then stopped by the cemetery to put the flowers on mom & dads stone. Then we came home & took a nice little mid-day nap. We woke a couple hours before dark & had to take a nice little ryde to the park, so we could get our (my) requesit walking in, then we came back home & are now (Hopefully) watching Ohio State make it to the Final 4, as the rest of our local Cincinnati Teams have bowed out. Another Great day to be a Spyder Owner. Oh, by the way, Teddy's Spyder Ran Great again Today

Spyder Garage

Cool Walked a mile today but Teddy took my walking staff for himself & its over 5' long

Spyder Garage

Teddy is a smart doctor! If at all possible, you should not be using a staff, cane, or other aid in your walks. It alters your posture and can cause more problems than it cures, and it doesn't allow your muscles to work as hard and through as full a motion as they should. Leave the staff at home, or let Teddy play with it.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 03-27-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Been gone a few days. Sounds like you are doing great post surgery, Dave. Keep up the good work!!! Glad you have Teddy to keep you company! He's great motivation for you to get better. Well, him and the Spyder!!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Teddy is a smart doctor! If at all possible, you should not be using a staff, cane, or other aid in your walks. I alters your posture and can cause more problems than it cures, and it doesn't allow your muscles to work as hard and through as full a motion as they should. Leave the staff at home, or let Teddy play with it.
    You are so correct on this. I see it quite a bit in physical therapy. The longer the person has been compensating their gait pattern the longer it takes to break them of that habit.

In any case, heal quickly and keep up the walks.
    Last edited by wyliec; 03-27-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

Question Who woulda thunk it, the passenger becomes the doctor of sanity & reason

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Teddy is a smart doctor! If at all possible, you should not be using a staff, cane, or other aid in your walks. I alters your posture and can cause more problems than it cures, and it doesn't allow your muscles to work as hard and through as full a motion as they should. Leave the staff at home, or let Teddy play with it.
    Thanks for this tid-bit of knowledge Scotty, as I had no clue about this, start PT tomorrow, but Teddy "literally" already has my back just another reason to love the lil guy

zrc

Dave, he just took the stick so he can knock the treat bag off the counter, they are smart like that (Moxi literally knocks over things at times to dislodge food she wants from places she cant reach). I am just glad she doesnt have thumbs, or who knows what she would do!

Spyder Garage

Default How's it "feeling"?

Hi Dave & Tedster...just checking to see how attending Spyderfest is looking for you two...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up As of right now, we still have plans on making it to Cuba, MO for SpyderFest 2012

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Hi Dave & Tedster...just checking to see how attending Spyderfest is looking for you two...
    My head is in a much better state than my body This lay'n around most the day is a double edged sword as I know I've gained at least 12 pounds so far & that can't be good for a recouping back, but til I start PT tomorrow, I was told only walking (a lil more each day) is my only acceptable form of excercise. We did a mile yesterday when Teddy smartly took my staff away & did a mile again this morning & will go out for another small walk later today Never thought I'd be admitting that just walking a mile would kick my butt but WoW, I'm feel'n it, thats for sure, but Im do'n as instructed & need to be up to 3 miles by 6 weeks. I'm slated to return to work, if all goes as planned on May 1st, the very Monday after SpyderFest, So I'm pretty confident that we'll be making it to SpyderFest Sadly, we'll probably be ryding by ourselves, as I don't want to be slowing down any of the other local Spyder Ryders that are going, but we're used to going it alone anyways as Teddys Fame has its price
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-27-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Dave, keep up on the healing process.............lookin' forward to seeing you and Teddy again at Spyderfest!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Default Teddy is such a ham!

I can see he's enjoying the ride and hope it picked up the spirits Dude!
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Not really a bad day, but I'm sore after PT & in a really bad mood right now

Best not to post in my present frame of mind, maybe tomorrow will enlighten me.

Spyder Garage

Post Physical Therapy really kicked my butt yesterday & I'm really feel'n it today

I knew I was gonna be feel'n it today, but WoW, just trying to get off the couch is rough, less alone walking or moving otherwise. They were sad that I didn't take Teddy with me to PT as my therapist had heard all about him from the rest of the office staff & she was look'n forward to meeting him for herself, but I figured it best to wait & see what all I was in for & how busy the place was.Good news, bad news. The good is that my incission is healing well & I surprised my Therapist with my range of motion.The bad is that she couldn't get my left foot to react properly to her little hammer thingy test. Tried over & over again, different ways & positions, but to no avail. This concerned her enough that she went and had a pow-wow with my surgeon, as it could be a sign of nerve damage, or more probable, just inflamation from the surgical site causing slight inpingment of the L5S1 nerve root. Ice & Ibuprofin reccommended, along with the advice that if I feel pain from doing something, stop immediately. I asked if I could get that in writing so I could send it to the IRS instead of paying all these taxes which causes me great pain-lol-

Spyder Garage

Hope your reflexes return. That is indeed a sign that the nerve is still not happy. I have that condition permanently. But, I function pretty well. I have numb spots in various places in my leg too. Most of the time, I don't even think about it.

I hope your situations is only temporary. Nerves are very touchy. They bruise so easily and don't recover that quicly. I hope rest and anti-inflammatories do the trick for you.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear of your progress. Will continue to keep you in my prayers.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Hang in there. Ice was a miracle worker for me. Inflammation from the surgery was a long time for me. Hang in there it will get better Hope to see you soon at Spyderfest

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    .....with the advice that if I feel pain from doing something, stop immediately. I asked if I could get that in writing so I could send it to the IRS instead of paying all these taxes which causes me great pain-lol-
    You may be hurtin', Dave, but your sense of humor still works. Hang in there, guy. It does get better, it just takes a while sometimes.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!