Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I am sure you can talk o the doctor and let him know why you need a return date of May 1 or later. Just keep showing him those pics!!!

SpyderLady

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool I know I'm gonna pay for this, but we couldn't help ourselves

Its a BEAUTIFUL early spring day here in the Cincy area, with the sun shining bright & the temps hovering right around 70 degrees. I had the condo closed up tight cause it was in the 40s overnight so we had to have the heat on. Right around noon, I kept hearing the pipes of bikes on the road down below us, so I made my way to the balcony to see what all was making the noise & thats when I found out it was colder inside our condo than it was outside. I can walk ok, just very gingerly tho. So, keep'n in mind no B.L.T.s I decided I might as well try taking Teddy out to go potty myself, giving my best (human) friend the day off so he could spend it with his daughter, since he's recently divorced & this is his weekend to have her. Going down the steps, one step at a time & I made it without causing myself too much additional pain. My surgeon did tell me that the best therapy I can do for myself right now is just walking, a little more each day, so yeah, I took Teddy for a short lil walk, maybe a block in total. But on our way back to our condo, we had to walk right by our garage where Teds Red Sled has been slumbering ever since my back issues started, almost a month ago. I'll admit, psychologically speaking, I'm VERY week right now, being bummed we can't ryde every day like we've both been acustomed to for the past 2 years now. So - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - IMG_20120306_161851.jpgIMG_20120311_134333.jpgIMG_20120311_145028.jpgIMG_20120311_145058.jpg
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-11-2012 at 04:07 PM.

MOgang member & Pyro-Lady Joanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We are all thinking about and praying for and know you will have a fast recovery!! And we all hope you can make it to Spyderfest. I have got to meet Teddy!!!
    Spyderfest 2017 -- Magic 8.

Joanie

Spyder Garage

Exclamation OK, so I'm pay'n the Pied Piper today, but Damnit, it was SO WORTH IT !!!

With yesterday being such a nice day (Sunny, dry & almost 70) I just couldn't resist gear'n up the Tedster & myself & taking a short lil ryde on Teds Red Sled & feeling the fresh air & warm sun on our faces again. I needed to get a script filled at Walgreens for more pain meds, so I used that as my excuse to get out on the road & enjoy a nice, relaxing, slow paced ryde through the city. I didn't go on the highway at all, and kept to all side roads not going any faster than 35 MPH and Teds Sled set to the "softest" setting on the rear air bag to help the Spyder to absorb most of the road imperfections that we encountered instead of me having to absorb them. With having the Utopia Back Rest to help support my back and the soft setting on the suspension, getting on & off the Spyder was my biggest issue, but even that was tollerable. Today, I'm very sore, not really from ryding, but more from walking up & down the steps & our driveway down to the street is pretty long and at a very steep angle, but again, the ryde was SO worth it.

We went through the drive thru at Walgreens & I swear, you woulda thought Brad & Angalina were there with as many cameras that were brought out & everyone around asking if it was ok to take pics of The Tedster do'n his thang. Even the clerk inside had her camera phone out snapping away & she got all the other pharmisits coming to the window to check him out. She had to apologize to the other ppl in line, cause she was taking so long taking pics of us that she was backing up the waiting line of cars around us, but the ppl didn't care, cause they were all as enamored as she was. We musta been there for 10-15 minutes and had at least a dozen or so ppl asking if they could take pics, all awhile, Teddy was standing up in his carrier with his Viper Red Doggles on, & pose'n for his adoring fans. I swear, he's such a poser -lol-

I posted a few pics of our outting on yesterdays post that I took when we stopped by our local channel 9 news station offices on our way home. Pretty neat place that has the facade of a historical castle at the very front of their lot, thought it made for an interesting back-drop for pics of Teddy & his SpYder.

My best (human) friend just stopped by to take Teddy out & he brought a gift of a whole bunch (he guessed 10 pounds) of chicken casserol that my co-worker (Mary) had made for me. She's so nice & I'm so lucky. Most departments at my work are large departments with many employees, and not all of them get along well together with each having their own personalities. But her & I are the only 2 ppl in our department, cause the department is being phased out in the next year or so, so they leave it to just the 2 of us. But now, she's having to do it ALL by herself, & that's not an easy job to do, but whenever she has an issue on my side, she just gives me a call & I walk her through it. She called a couple minutes ago, to check on how I was do'n & to make sure I got the food she had made for me & when I told her my "projected" return date is May 1st she about had a heart attack She then said, fine, do want you need to do to get better, but just be forwarned, as soon as you come back, you better believe I'm going to take every vacation & personal day that I can

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Face it Dave TEDDY IS A HAM!!!! BUT he's the cutest ham I know!!! Glad to hear your doing better. keep up the good work and you'll be doin great before ya know it.

Spyder Garage

Glad you are up and moving. Take care!!!

Joanie

Spyder Garage

Cool I could barely move yesterday. We had a nice vist today from fellow SpyderLover Coz

Was nice for you to pay us a visit, Teddy loved have'n someone else to play with IMG_20120314_141358.jpgIMG_20120314_141343-1.jpgIMG_20111108_165131.jpg005.jpg001.jpg

Spyder Garage

Angry Right now, I'm struggle'n but make'n it

A month or so ago, I detoxed myself off of caffiene. Coffe at work & diet sodas had me horribly addicted & I suffered cold turkey through 3 days of hell to rid my body of this all to common addiction. Well, since I had surgery, the only thing I've been drinking was water and decaf green tea that I made myself here at home. Last night, I didn't understand why I had all of the same withdrawal symptoms that I experienced before, and they carried over to today, & I was getting really worried, cause nausia is also a common symptom, along with fatigue & severe headache. And in my present state, with my incission not yet healed, the involuntary heaving that goes along with nausia would surely cause me more complications, that I just don't need at this time. Well come to find out, thru a little research on the web, even tho something may be labled as decaf, its truely NOT 100% caffiene free Sadly, thinking I was doing well for myself by brewing my own "healthy" green tea & thinking it was caffiene free, I ended up once again addicted to caffiene. I had finished off the last of the green tea that I had brewed 2 days ago, and had been drinking only water since. And as I said, all the symptoms were back & with a vengence. When my friend stopped by today, I had him run to the store for me to get some Excedrin & also some diet Mt.Dew. Now is not the time for me to be fighting an addiction, so I just decided it best to just give in for now & once I'm back in shape & not having to worry about splitting my incission back open again, then I can once again deal with detoxing from caffiene. Thankfully, an hour after drinking the diet dew, my nausia is gone & my horrible headache is start'n to subside.

Besides that bit of added drama, I'm still not able to do much besides lay here on the couch. Was good to see Coz when he stopped by the other day, but stupid me, I over did walk'n around & show'n him my thoughts of mod'n Teds Red Sled. Its just so easy to get excited and over doing it, cause you really don't realize it until its too late & then Im pay'n for it the next day. Albeit slowly, Im learn'n my limitations & as I said, we're make'n it.

Im SO thankful for Teddy, he's lay'n right by my side, not pissed or upset that Im not able to take him out walking or ryde'n as we usually do & just as happy to be schmooze'n at my side
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-16-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Spyder Garage

Dave,
    I know the addiction to diet dew all to well. I have to have every morning or I get a splitting headache. So I just come to accept that I have to have it and then drink water the rest of the day.
    Hope you are up and ridin' soon. Teddy..take care of Dave!

Joanie

Spyder Garage

Take it slow the first few weeks. Your body has been through a lot of trauma and right now REST is the best thing for you. Go for your walks and other than that chill out for a few weeks. I totally understand all too well what you are going through. Been there done that! You will get better, but if you push it too much it will take longer to get back to 100% and there are a lot if us hoping you will be able to make Spyderfest!!!

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Question How long before you stopped taking the pain meds after yur surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Take it slow the first few weeks. Your body has been through a lot of trauma and right now REST is the best thing for you. Go for your walks and other than that chill out for a few weeks. I totally understand all too well what you are going through. Been there done that! You will get better, but if you push it too much it will take longer to get back to 100% and there are a lot if us hoping you will be able to make Spyderfest!!!
    I'm a little worried about getting addicted to the percocets. Since surgery, taking them as prescribed, I've gone through over 60 or 70 now and am not sure how to procede. I mean, the pain is there & constant, & the percs. don't do alot to help really, but they do allow me to stay chilled out and chill'n for the most part on the couch & not pushing myself to hard. We're having early Spring here in the Ohio Valley, sunny with a little rain here & there, but temps. in th upper 60's to 80 even. Kill'n me not to be able to ryde

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    I'm a little worried about getting addicted to the percocets. Since surgery, taking them as prescribed, I've gone through over 60 or 70 now and am not sure how to procede. I mean, the pain is there & constant, & the percs. don't do alot to help really, but they do allow me to stay chilled out and chill'n for the most part on the couch & not pushing myself to hard. We're having early Spring here in the Ohio Valley, sunny with a little rain here & there, but temps. in th upper 60's to 80 even. Kill'n me not to be able to ryde
    I know how ya feel!!!! My bike is still in the shop and it's in the 70s and 80s here!!!Course today it's storming again but not at my house!!!Sure wish you a great day even if it means no ryding. So sorry bout that. But feel for ya. for ya too.

Spyder Garage

I agree with Spyderlady..... REST is what you really right now. If you do what you should do now, ....go for walks and chill, in the long run you will recover quicker. You don't want any setbacks ! As far as the percocets go, you are still pretty fresh out of surgery and shouldn't suffer through the pain if you don't have to. God knows you've done enough of that already... Usually the docs order the pain meds every 4 to 6 hours AS NEEDED... So in a way they leave it up to you. Just gradually try to increase the amount of time in between doses.... I'm so happy to hear you're recovering and you and Teddy will be back on the road on " TEDS RED SLED " in no time.

Spyder Garage

Cool I wish y'all could see the H U G E GRIN on my MUG right now - THANK YOU!!!

You know, Teddy & I tend to get around on his Spyder & we've got over 35,000 miles collectively, from our 2010 RT-S & now our 2011 RT-S. We've only done a few Spyder events, none in 2010 cause that byke was always in the shop, so most of them was in 2011.

Lets see, we did SpyderFest 2011 in Cuba, we did SITA in New York State, the OSR weekend in the wonderful Hocking Hills (can't show the videos of that party tripits a family forum) the Indy group showed us all around Brown County for a wonderful day-ryde, and I'm sure their are some events that escape my mind right now, but we've also even visited a few SpyderLovers members at their homes while on long trips & everyone has been wonderful hosts to both of us, never met a SpyderLover we haven't had a good time with & I THANK ALL OF YOU FOR THAT!!!

But today, I was sent a pic of Teddy & myself with a fellow SpyderLover that we met at SpyderFest last year, that I didn't even know who they were, here on the forum. I usually try to take my own pics to help me to remember all of our adventures and the wonderful ppl that we've shared our love of Spyder ryde'n with. But with my ADHD and ALL of the attention Teddy & the Spyder garner, well, I'm embarrassed to admit, names escape me more often than not. But as soon as I see a picture, the wonderful memory (albeit not the name) & the feelings & emotions of that very moment come rushing back, as if we were right back there again.

This not only happened once today, but when I sent a PM to another forum member, that I didn't think I knew, he sent me back a reply that stunned me. He told me that we had in fact, met before & described the situation of him even filming Teddy & I, & once again, those wonderful memories were brought right back to me.

I guess I've been going thru alot & this was just what I needed to remind me, how good it will be once I'm better & Teddy & I can once again be out on the open road, doing what we love, and meeting so many Wonderful people along the way. Having someone tell us, "You know, you just made my day" will never get old.

In the spirit of this, I'd like to share a few pics that we've taken with a few fellow SpyderLovers along our journeys. Some might be embarrassing (sorry Holly) so if you'd rather I take them down, just send me a PM & I will do so ASAP. Otherwise, I thought it may be nice to bring a smile or two, to some of our fellow SpyderLovers out there.

Also, any of you that have pics of Teddy & yourselves, please, feel free to share them here with us.
    I know it always makes me smile see'n the Tedster ham'n it up with his adoring fans. Thanks guys

003.jpg459.jpg457.jpg461.jpg031.jpg

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Talking OMG, sunny & 80's, we get to ryde to my first Post Op on Wednesday

42 hours and counting

Spyder Garage

Good luck on the dr. visit and keep us posted. I am sure Teddy will win over everyone in the office. I really hope you are feeling better and can make it to Spyderfest. I just want to meet that adorable pup!!!

Joanie

Spyder Garage

Wink So far, so good, physically speaking... Mentally, well, thats a whole other story-LOL

Its 11:30pm & 75 degrees here, just took The Tedster for our second walk of the day, after reading my "Lumbar" book from the hospital from cover to cover. I need to be walking up to 3 miles by 6 weeks, & am up to about a half mile at 10 days, so I think I'm on track. Reading about all of you other Spyder Ryders get'n out there & enjoy'n much of the countries great weather makes me wanna be stupid & take Teds Sled out for a quick lil ryde. So, I've taken the Frunk Lid off & its sit'n here in the living room, with me try'n to figure out how to apply a custom Frunk Wrap to it. Still thought about taking it for a quick spin & I could just imagine what ppls expressions would be like seeing a Spyder without its Frunk on

Spyder Garage

makes me wanna be stupid & take Teds Sled out for a quick lil ryde. So, I've taken the Frunk Lid off & its sit'n here in the living room, with me try'n to figure out how to apply a custom Frunk Wrap to it. Still thought about taking it for a quick spin & I could just imagine what ppls expressions would be like seeing a Spyder without its Frunk on
    DO NOT DO IT. You will regret it and lots of us will be after you
    We want you at Spyderfest!

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Red face YES MA'AM, UNDERSTOOD! But u better believe we're ryde'n to the docs 2morrow

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    DO NOT DO IT. You will regret it and lots of us will be after you
    We want you at Spyderfest!
    I'm SO hoping he says its time to start physical therapy or something, dangit! Sunny & 84 right now

Spyder Garage

Just be careful going to the doc tomorrow. Keep up the walking and keep us posted!!!

Joanie

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Im SO Sick with Spyder Addiction, it aint even funny

We went on our walks yesterday, like the good boys that we are but before my buddy left yesterday, I made sure to have him reinstall the Frunk cover back onto Teds Red Sled for our ryde to the docs office today. At 10pm last night, I found ourselves out in the driveway to let Teddy "do his thang" but me with garage remote in hand, not exactly knowing why. Well, since todays ryde will be our first in over a week, I just "NEEDED" to make sure the Red Sled would power up out of its L O N G slumber, so we found ourselves in the garage, Teddy all EXCITED thinking we're going for a late night ryde, sit'n in his carrier, wondering why we're not leaving and me just standing next to the sled listening to the exhaust as I roll on the throttle

I hardly got any sleep last night, but am amped to get to ryde with Teddy to the Drs office in just a couple of hours & I promised Bob that we'd stop by StrasseDog to pick up a pair of Doggles & a doggy-thermus for Tink on our way home

Spyder Garage

Cool OMG!!! I almost forgot how OVERWHELMING Spyder ryde'n with The Tedster truly is

My 1st follow-up appointment after surgery was today at 1:30, beautiful, sunny, & 84, tho the Spyders temp. gauge was reading 100 in the sun. We left home at 1pm, & Teds Red Sled exhibited some of those "gremlins" like "check engine" light came on, but once under way, promptly went off with no return, since not being ridden in so long, I'm guessing. So, after gearing myself & Teddy up we pulled outta the garage & proceeded down the driveway when I noticed the time on the Spyders display was an hour behind, so we stopped at the end of the driveway (steep incline) & I proceeded to change the time & that's when we got the check engine light, but since we were stopped on a steep incline, I figured thats what was causing it & sure enough, as soon as we were under way, it cleared & never returned.

I had forgotten, but was quickly reminded that over the (none existant for us at least) winter I had removed the SpyderPops "LeBlock" heat shield to allow more heat on my right foot durring the colder riding season & as soon as my right foot went on the highway peg, WOW! It felt as if a torch was being held to my right ankle & I quickly put it back down to the pegs. Gotta dig that heat shield back out, otherwise our highway pegs are just about useless in this insane heat wave we're having right now.

So we had the usual "shadows" for our trip to the office. You know, the ppl on the road that keep the same pace with you so they can take pics\video of you (Teddy) while your riding & giving us the thumbs-up when I would look over at them. In total for our outting today, I lost count at 27, the number of ppl that I know of that were taking pics of Teddy & that's just the number that either asked if they could or I saw, so I know there were many more than that.

Got to the office & ALL of the Front Office Staff were instantly smitten with Teddy. I always feel bad, cause Teddy just stops the world when he's in public, so the phones were all put on hold while person after person got out their camera phones to get a pic with him & he would sit there as I would put his Doggles on & he even waits & poses for them. Finally someone realized that no-one was working & all the lines were on hold & they all went back to work.

We were quickly taken back to an exam room & my surgeon promptly walks in, all smiles at the site of finally meeting Teddy after see'n so many pics & hearing all about the lil guy while I was in the hospital immediatly after my surgery. After giving Teddy attention, he did a quick exam of me & was happy with my progress & noted that my incission is almost healed. We discussed my progress with walking & that I was anxious to start physical therapy & "most importantly" if we could start ryding again. I was a little surprised, but extremely happy that he agreed that we could, in fact, start ryding again, albeit no long rydes (50+ miles) as long as I'm continuing with my walking regimen & listening to my body & not pushing myself too hard. I explained that I was a little concerned about returning to work, cause my job is physically demanding requiring me to be constantly on my feet with alot of lifting/twisting & moving around. He agreed to start me on physical therapy next week & that we would go that route until I see him again in a month, and then see how I'm progressing. So its looking like May 1st is still a good estimate for me to return to work, again, all depending on my progress. They have physical therapy available at the same location, so we went back to that location, where everything with Teddy repeated itself again, with all the OOOOOOHHHS & AAAAAHHHSSSS & requests for pics, from the staff & even some of the other patients. My 1st therapy session starts next week on Tuesday - YEAH!!!

After getting everything scheduled, Teddy posed for the final photo ops & we headed back out to the Spyder to take our leave. As I was getting Teddy & myself geared up, 4 or 5 ppl came out of the Sports Complex to see Teddy & to ask if it was ok to take pics of the lil poser, which of course, we oblidged. "WARNING TO ANY SPYDER OWNERS THINKING OF RYDE'N WITH YOUR POOCH, GET USE TO THIS, AS IT NEVER STOPS!"

So we headed towards home, but decided to go thru the drive-thru at McyD's & eat our lunch at the overlook in Eden Park just east of downtown. That particular McDonalds is kind of in "The Hood" but even there, the drug dealers & what-have-you were all thumbs up & holler'n out loud "THATS THE COOLEST DAMN DOG I EVA SAW" I swear, its the same wherever we go.

So, after pose'n for pics in the drivethru & get'n our food, we headed to the park, where this all took place over and over again. As I said, I lost count at 27 requests & even had ppl wanting me to explain about the Spyder & if they could take pics of Teddy pose'n while on the byke, over & over again.

After the park we headed to StrasseDog in Mainstrasse Villiage so we could pick up a pair of Doggles & water thermus for Fellow Spyder Ryder Bob, who's just start'n to ryde with his new Pomeranian puppy Tink & once again, out came the camera phones. Bob, I hope your prepaired for ALL this attention.

We made it home a little bit ago & we're both chill'n out & resting right now, til the sun starts to go down & it cools off a little, then we'll head out for a little more walking. All in all, a good day, just a bit overwhelming for our first day back out in the public
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-21-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

My 1st follow-up appointment after surgery was today at 1:30, beautiful, sunny, & 84, tho the Spyders temp. gauge was reading 100 in the sun. We left home at 1pm, & Teds Red Sled exhibited some of those "gremlins" like "check engine" light came on, but once under way, promptly went off with no return, since not being ridden in so long, I'm guessing.
    So what did the dr say. Information we need details!

SpyderLady