Thread: Zumo 660 Lock

Spyder Garage

Default Zumo 660 Lock

Has anyone found a locking mechanisim that can be used with the BRP mounted Zumo 660? I found a Touratech lock but I'm not sure it will fit the RT mount.
    http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/P...-Locking-Black

Spyder Garage

I have one installed on my RT and tweaked it a bit by using longer spacers and screws fro the local hardware store. I would not recommend leaving your GPS unattended without one!

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Locking mount

I have the Spyder RT -S SES 2010 Model

The zumo 600 is fitted to the Handlebars using the same mount as supplied with the Spyder RT - Limited (BRP Mount)

I fitted the touratech locking mount to secure the ZUMO as it was easy to remove it without the locking mount - meaning removal each
    time when filling up with fuel etc

You just need to add a plate - I used Stainless Steel behind the original mount just to bring the holder out a fraction to allow access to
    the lock with the key as its close to the handlebars

I have also made a sun shade for the Zumo see Thread #23

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?17418-Shade-Rain-Hood-for-Zumo-660&highlight=shade

Here are some pictures which will show the Touratech locking mount as fitted by me

Zumo 600 GPS Sun Shade 003 (640x480).jpgZumo 600 GPS Sun Shade 005 (640x480).jpgZumo 600 GPS Sun Shade 009 (640x480).jpgZumo 600 GPS Sun Shade 002 (640x480).jpgZumo 600 GPS Sun Shade 001 (640x480).jpg

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder – RT-S SES (AUTO 2010 Model)

List of Mods :-
    Added Zuno 660 -Garmin kit as supplied on the Spyder RT Limited
    Digital Voltmeter and Digital Clock to replace Fuel and Temp gauge – Fuel and Temp now
    displayed in Cluster Display
    LED Bulbs Reversing Lights,Front position lights
    HMT - Brake Light
    LED – Running lights
    LED - Mud Flap lights
    Rear extended Mud Flap
    LED Light in Rear Trunk
    Sport Tall Wide Clear Windshield
    Chrome 2011 Front Lower Wind deflecors
    Utopia Backrest
    S/S Seat Prop
    S/S Handlebar Weights
    S/S Grills both sides matching
    Bottom Panel S/S Protection
    S/S stronger Funk Lid brackets
    S/S Bracket for RBNS Hood for Zumo 660 GPS + TourTech Lockable Mount
    Rubber Tank protector on glove box
    Grip Puppies
    Power Socket in Switch Cluster and at Rear passenger Handrail
    Rear Speaker Switch for passenger On/OFF
    Upgraded Front Marine Speakers
    Bluetooth On board Radio to Sena SMH10 Headsets

Spyder Garage

I agree, but I think you have to use this one because you need the lock on the top to get the key in and out. Yes, you do have to use spacers as well. Sorry I forgot the link.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 12-17-2011 at 09:56 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

A simple trick is to use a zip tie where you push the tab to take the Garmin off. Use a wide one so that the tab can't be pushed in to take the Garmin off. Now you try and take it off. It would certainly slow someone down trying to take it off. I figure it keeps honest people honest and if someone wants it bad enough they will get it lock or no lock. I have had mine on the bike for 20k left uncovered for most of the times in all types of parking lots with 0 issues. In fact my Garmin has never been of my RTS.
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hmmm, I am missing something. When I remove my key to lock my trunk, I remove my Garmin and put in the trunk with my gloves, etc and lock it. So easy to remove on the RT-S.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.