Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

But can Siri help work on a Spyder?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A question or two about "Tupperware removal" should make its capabilities known...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Just picked up an iPhone 4. Love it but taking a bit of time to figure out how to do all it can do,but eat new toy. Had to have something to play with until I get the new bike next week

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Default iphone

I can fix that phone if you want it fixed

Spyder Garage

I did buy a LifeProof case for it and installed it today. My other phone would have been fine if I had one of those to start with.

http://www.lifeproof.com/

I'm a bit unclear about whether you can charge the phone when it is in the Lifeproof case? Also, can you use ear buds with it when it is in the case?

ken tompkins

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kentompkins View Post
    I did buy a LifeProof case for it and installed it today. My other phone would have been fine if I had one of those to start with.

I'm a bit unclear about whether you can charge the phone when it is in the Lifeproof case? Also, can you use ear buds with it when it is in the case?

ken tompkins
    Yes to both...I love my case...tried it as an underwater camera (intentionally!!)..WORKS!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kentompkins View Post

ken tompkins
    Yes to both.

Due to the waterproof nature, lifeproof sells a screw in pigtail with an o-ring that allows you to hook up earbuds, headphones, or connect to the 3.5mm connector for the Spyder tunes. Also the charger works fine with one caviat, the authentic apple chargers work best due to the plug size and even they are a tight fit. But all works fine. Love my lifeproof cover!!
    Last edited by SteveMac; 01-16-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

I'm now on my 3rd iphone and I really love them-- especially since I'm on Verizon now. Got the lifeproof case and it's pretty darn cool-- but I usually only use it when on the Spyder--- use a different case other times-- but will probably end up just using it all the time...

I had a 3GS... then a 4.... then got that stolen and got another 4 covered under 'warranty'...

Note about the warranties they sell for the iphone........

They charge like $10..... and if it breaks or you lose it you can get another phone 'free' after the deductible. The deductible was a whopping $179.00 !!! I just about freaked out consideirng the phone only cost me $200 to begin with!

The insurance company was a third party company called Asurion--- and they were rude and a pain to deal with. Told me they could mail me a phone-- and it might be refurbished, used, similar model, etc.... I was steamed as I was going on vacation the next morning.

So the next morning I went to the local Verizon store and raised some hell. They made an exception and got a me NEW phone on the spot--- but I still had to pay the $180 deductible.... otherwise it would have been $700 !

I cancelled the plan on the new phone and am just more careful now. They also limit you to 2 claims per year.

Considering you can upgrade to a new phone every 2 years --- I just don't see paying $10 a month ($240 total -- plus however many deductibles @ $180 each) to be worth it. If it wasn't for the outrageous deductible then it wouldn't be so bad.

I've played with the droids too-- and they just don't have the smoothness of the iphone-- just seem clunky-- and with all the different versions each running different versions of the OS --- you can run into problems with compatibility.

I like my iphone so much I got an ipad too--- love them both!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

with everything you said. The insurance is a joke for sure. I took my Lifecase off for now because it reduces the sound quality when I shoot video with it on and I shoot a lot of video.

I feel the exact same way about the Droid and the iPhone. As much as I think there are some really cool Droids out there they just don't operate the same and I can't keep up with what's the hot phone at the time. At least I can tell when I have the best phone out with the iPhone.