Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broadsided

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by exwinger View Post
    Really glad you're ok but one bit of advice to ANYONE involved in an accident like this. If you're thrown off the bike and hit the pavement , especially with your head.....GO TO THE HOSPITAL to get checked out. You may not think you're hurt buit there may be injuries that don't show up until later. Going to the hospital aslo gives you an edge in case something does pop up even though the hospital may say they didn't find anything. Head injuries are notorious for later problems. I'm an ex medic for the fire dept. and have seen many accidents where there were no apparent injuries but the person died from intrnal injuries. Had one accident where the car was t boned and the driver of the car said there was nothing wrong with him and then he keeled over and died...ruptured artery and he bled to death intrnally with no pain or visible injuries. It may be bothersome to have to "take the time " to go to the ER but the life you save may be your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I have been the victim of a motorcycle crash related head injury, and it is nothing to trifle with. I also made the mistake of walking away from a motorcycle accident in 1968, without a trip to the hospital or doctor. Thirty years later, I found out that I had sustained a severe acetabular fracture of the pelvis (shattered hip socket). The arthritis might have been much less severe had I undergone a repair at the time of the accident. If you haven't gone to the hospital, please visit your family doctor ASAP for a follow-up examination.
    Good advice, will do

wa3wheels
    Great to hear you are safe !
    Sorry to hear about your wheels and happy to hear you faired well.Hope to see you in Durango.Your friend;Raywa3wheels
    Definitely see you in Durango my friend!! and Spyderfest too, if your going again

Spyder Garage

Default Durango / Spyderfest

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post

Good advice, will do

Definitely see you in Durango my friend!! and Spyderfest too, if your going again
    Have not committed to Spyderfest as of yet. 2011 Spyderfest, I was gone for 9 weeks and 14000 miles.

Wishing You and Yours a Very Merry Christmas "
    wa3wheels How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? *Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Spyder 5 Team Member MickeyFisher's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It was great to meet you the other day and I'm so glad you're all right. Hopefully you'll be back up and riding in no time!

Spyder Garage

I'm really sorry to hear you got tagged :/
    But I'm very happy to hear you had a full face helm on and you're still here with us!
    Having flew off the Spyder myself I can sympathize with how sore your body was those few days after. Im glad to hear you're recovering well. You definately lucked out and being on the spyder prob saved you from worse injury.

Now its time for Spyder 2.0!!
    We're going to have to get you some side-impact air bags hehe

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Wow ! ouch...

I am happy that you are ok now,, and hope you ride again soon.. Tail bones can hurt for a long time and you think it is ok and the BAM Months, or a year or two develops into a serious problem....

Merry Xmas and Happy New year

Forrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Wow ! ouch...

I am happy that you are ok now,, and hope you ride again soon.. Tail bones can hurt for a long time and you think it is ok and the BAM Months, or a year or two develops into a serious problem....

Merry Xmas and Happy New year

Forrest
    Thanks Forrest & Motavar, for kind words, bike should be ready soon but I found out they got the wrong wheels in, they got chrome instead of smoked chrome"....... Now they have to reorder the correct ones hope that don't take forever. The chrome look nice but won't match my trailer and will require more upkeep. Decisions decisions.

Merry Xmas and Happy New year!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.014119,-118.496061