Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Where staying in ALQ, NM??

Would appreciate knowing where you are make room res for ALQ, NM...then I will make mine. Thanks so much.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Owners Event

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    OK Gang,
    I know everyone is busy as bees working on SpyderFest and we have the holidays, but as they say, "All work and no play...." You know the rest!

So, Len and I were talking today and we thought we may as well get a thread started to see how many of us want to form a group rYde to the event!

Those committed to leaving out of Cuba:

Len and Vanessa?
    SteveMac and ConnieMac
    Spydermonkey4 Brenda
    ThreeFeet Sharon
    Hi Guys. I just made my reservations at Knights Inn in Durango for 6/20 - 6/22. I will be coming from Ohio. The ride from Ohio to Cuba, MO is an easy 2 day trip so I could meet you in Cuba on 6/18 or so. When are you planning on leaving Cuba?
    After the Event I will be heading up to Ft. Collins and Glacier, NP and then up to Yellowknife, NW so I won't be riding back with you.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Steve. I would like to meet up with MOGANG on the 19th so we can all ride into Durango together so PLS keep us in mind when doing reservations for the 19th. Right now firm wold be John, me, Mary and Ed, and probably Brenda. This is going to be crazy trying o kep all of this straight and coordinated. So glad you have taken this on in addition to ALL your other web duties. LOL. :-))

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Default Hey MoGang

I was starting to worry about room reservation so I made one at the Knights Inn in Durango for Linda and I for Wednesday thru Friday night. The motel is at 3515 N.Main and is only $55.20 per night plus $16.39 tax. They appear to have some rooms left, anyone going should get a reservation made soon. There appears to be quite a few places to stay but I check 5 or 6 other hotels in town and they were all considerably higher. Just a word to the wise.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Looks like the Ramada in Alb is giving special rate of$59 arranged by a Spyder owner. Tell them you are with Spyder motorcycle club for the discount. I am going to make our reservations for June 19th there

SpyderLady

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Default Gonna Map out my route tonight!

I haven't heard back from too many folks about how many miles you want to do in a day. I can tell you that after 500, I am ready to break. Literally.

So I'll never be a Florida Express Hulligan

But anyway, I am going to map it out tonight and post a potential route and you guys can either shoot me down or love it!

I like to find Drury Inns if I can. Their home base is in Cape Girardeau, and I have always had good luck with them. There are a couple of things I don't like to scrimp on. Canned green beans and hotel rooms. OK, there are more than that...

I'll update you all later tonight and please, by all means, if someone has an alternate route, be sure to let us all know.

Spyder Garage

Default Need to decide on who will be leaving Cuba together???

OK Gang,

Here is a first draft. Let me know your thoughts on the route and then we can book hotels. We will come to Cuba to ride over with you all, but then we will head home from Springfield on the way back.

I tried to allow time for plenty of stops for fuel and food, so arrival times are approximate

Monday June 18
    • 7:00 AM Leave from Cuba
    • 6:00 PM Arrive in Sayre OK (1 nite Hotel Stay)
    Tuesday June 19
    • 7:00 AM Leave Sayre OK
    • 4:00 PM Arrive in Albuquerque, NM (1 nite Hotel Stay)
    Wednesday June 20
    • 8:00-9:00 AM Leave Alburquerque NM with Lamont’s group
    • 1:00 PM Approx, Arrive in Durango CO (3 nites Hotel Stay)
    Saturday June 23
    • 7:00 AM Leave Durango CO
    • 6:00 PM Approx Arrive in Dodge City KS (1 nite Hotel Stay)
    Sunday June 24
    • 7:00 AM Leave Dodge City KS
    • 3:00 PM Approx Arrive in Springfield MO. Split up. Cuba group heads North on I44, SteveMac heads East on Hwy 60
    Here is the total route

http://g.co/maps/qf5m3

route 1.jpg
    Last edited by SteveMac; 01-13-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Well you all are going to AlbQ. But that's too far for my wallet so am going from home to hiway 54 Straight thru to 400 to I 25 south to hiway 160. Will be about 1000 mi. ( added a couple miles for boo boos.) think i will leave 17th. Going over 400 miles and I'm a wreck. Plan on staying ANYWHERE in a room at the foot hills of the mountains so I can be ALERT AND AWAKE going up the mountains!!! Soo staying someplace on 2 days worth. Would like to leave on 23rd BUT I will BET I hadn't gotten in some of the rydes that would REALLY be fun and so think I will leave later than Sunday. have a campground site big enough for 2 at Durango. Think Dave and Teddy are sharing the spot. Soo for anybody wanting to go the slow but shorter route go for it. Either way ya'll enjoy the ryde to and from and a safe one all the time!!!

Spyder Garage

OK Gang,

Here is a first draft. Let me know your thoughts on the route and then we can book hotels. We will come to Cuba to ride over with you all, but then we will head home from Springfield on the way back.

I tried to allow time for plenty of stops for fuel and food, so arrival times are approximate

Monday June 18
    Tuesday June 19
    Wednesday June 20
    Saturday June 23
    Sunday June 24
    • 3:00 PM Approx Arrive in Springfield MO. Split up. Cuba group heads North on I44, SteveMac heads East on Hwy 60
    Here is the total route

route 1.jpg
    Hey Steve, we might have a change in plans and ryde out with you to Durango instead of just meeting you there.Do you plan on making reservations for the night in Sayre and Albuquerque or just find a place to stay when we arrive? If making reservations, how soon do you need a definate "we are going with you"? Also, do you plan to stay in Cuba that Sunday night? Inquiring minds now want to know.

Thanks!

Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    Hey Steve, we might have a change in plans and ryde out with you to Durango instead of just meeting you there.Do you plan on making reservations for the night in Sayre and Albuquerque or just find a place to stay when we arrive? If making reservations, how soon do you need a definate "we are going with you"? Also, do you plan to stay in Cuba that Sunday night? Inquiring minds now want to know.

Thanks!
    I was planning on making reservations, but it can wait a while. Does the route look OK to you Jim?

Spyder Garage

Looks OK to me..............first day a little longer than the second but that should be OK since you are "fresher" and up to a longer ryde

Spyder Garage

Just changed our Durango reservations to knights inn in Durango. Hopefully got same place as Jim and Linda

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Just changed our Durango reservations to knights inn in Durango. Hopefully got same place as Jim and Linda
    If it is at 3515 Main Ave then you are at the right place Sounds like a plan to me.

Spyder Garage

Jim/Linda. Yep that is the address. Great. We all have so many neat things going on this year!! I will be breaking in the new bike just right.

Speaking of new bike...not done YET, but will be soon and it will be left at Cowtown for our Feb meeting so Len can show to everyone!!! )

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

I saw some bad stuff on here that Knights Inn was in a bad part of town or something. I'll see if I can find that post.

Here it is.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=35565
    Last edited by SteveMac; 01-17-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Ours is at 3515 main which seems to be down from where the thread was mentioning. If you go after reservations pls stay in close contact with me so I can possibly change to same as everyone else..problem is that rooms are going just like we are experiencing in Cuba. I had a reservation that I cancelled but it was very very expensive. Thanks

SpyderLady

pitbull

I am so in!!! Huuummmm now to add some more adventure to this trip......... Think think think ........ I'll come up with something!!!! The mogangs got to roll in spyderfest style..... When someone figures out what that is please let me know!!!

Spyder Garage

Default im in for the trip

hi Guys my name s John and i will be getting some work done on my spyder at cowtown the Friday before everyone leaves for the owners event. I talked to Len on the phone on Thursday and he mentioned if I would like to ride with the Mo GanG i was welcome to. I am coming from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada which is 3 days north of Cuba, len says they can do the work on my bike in a day then I have a 2 day rest and I would love to head west with your group. I will ride as far as the group rides per day, I hope to have my trailer so I can carry a cooler for water and coca-cola's sorry no pepsi allowed. Cant wait this is going to be a great 11 day trip see you all in June take care.
    Love the 3 wheels way of life

2011 RT Limited

Mods

Custom vinyl wrap
    Two brothers exhaust
    custom glo riders
    carbon fiber dash kit(orange)
    2013 15 inch wheels powder coated orange
    all factory castings powder coated orange
    Elka's
    Baha Ron sway bar(will be powder coated orange next winter)
    Spyder pops (every thing he has for the rt)
    Lamonts hiway pegs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderrock View Post
    hi Guys my name s John and i will be getting some work done on my spyder at cowtown the Friday before everyone leaves for the owners event. I talked to Len on the phone on Thursday and he mentioned if I would like to ride with the Mo GanG i was welcome to. I am coming from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada which is 3 days north of Cuba, len says they can do the work on my bike in a day then I have a 2 day rest and I would love to head west with your group. I will ride as far as the group rides per day, I hope to have my trailer so I can carry a cooler for water and coca-cola's sorry no pepsi allowed. Cant wait this is going to be a great 11 day trip see you all in June take care.
    Excellent!
    You are most welcome to ride with us. Should be fun!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderrock View Post
    Welcome to the gang.............you should have a great ryde with us.

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I are planning on leaving Sunday,because we don't know how far we can go before we have to stop..We live in Illinois close to St louis..Would love to catch a group to ride with!
    The more I look at the route you are taking,we may change our plans if thats ok...mmmmm sooooo many decisions!
    Last edited by cyclelover63; 01-22-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Spyder Garage

Welcome aboard................if you go with us you will have a great time.

Spyder Garage

Default Durango

OK Gang,

Monday June 18

Tuesday June 19

Wednesday June 20

Saturday June 23

Sunday June 24

Here is the total route

route 1.jpg
    Steve, I just made my reservation at Wagon Wheel for the 17th. Count me in. Thanks, Dick

Spyder Garage

Time to revive this thread MoGang and I will update the first post so we know who is going where and when. PLEASE let me know if I have anyone listed incorrectly!

SpyderLady Linda and others are taking a long and winding road, but we can all meet up in Albuquerque and hopefully stay at the same hotel.

For those of you who haven't yet booked in Albuquerque, here is the info.

I Just booked a room for June 19th at:
    Ramada Hotel & Conference 10300 Hotel Avenue Northeast Albuquerque NM Phone:1-505-296-4852

This is also the same hotel Spyderlady and her crew will be staying at.
    Last edited by SteveMac; 06-04-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dick574 View Post
    Steve, I just made my reservation at Wagon Wheel for the 17th. Count me in. Thanks, Dick
    Excellent Dick574,
    I am also booking a room at the Wagon Wheel for the 16th and 17th. Gonna make a weekend of it!!