Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ride to benefit children with disabilities

Hi. I'm a Spyder rider and the Executive Director of an organization that provides barn animal-assisted activities for children with disabilities. (springbrook-farm.org). I'm considering organizing a motorcycle ride to benefit this magical place, and am looking for assistance. Have you organized an event like this? Would you like to help me organize an event to benefit The Barn? I'm not looking for anything huge in the first year, but I would like it to be good enough that people are eager to return years following and for it to get bigger!!

We're located in West Chester, PA - outside of Philadelphia, close to Delaware. Even if you're not in the immediate area, it would be a BEAUTIFUL place to ride.

Looking forward to hearing back from my PA Spyder Riders!

ilana

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Hi, Ilana. I've never organized a ride, but wanted to thank you for what you are doing. Having a mentally handicapped daughter, organizations like yours are so vital and important to our 'kids'. The first suggestion I would have is to see if there may be a business who could sponsor the ride, maybe with providing lunch, a place for the riders to meet, etc. Also, look for different riding clubs in your area and contact them with the details of the ride - what you are raising money for, when and where the ride will be, the route of the ride, lunch provided afterwards(?), maybe a 50-50. I'm just trying to think of some of the fundraising rides we've been on and what they did on these rides. Some of the rides we've been on have had doorprizes, too.

I hope this helps. Ryde safe and God bless!