Spyder Garage

Default Removing the right side foot peg support

I am trying to get the right side peg support ( the grey heavy metal piece where the foot pegs and brake pedal are attached) and am having trouble. Do I need to remove the master cylinder to get this off?
    2010 RTS and 2013 RSS

Spyder Garage

I have done it and it is a pain in the..........It was last year but if I remember I had to take the muffler off and it was still hard. It was even harder to get back on and I did not take the mastercylinder off but I did remove some of the material that kept it from going back on, you will know what I mean when you get there. I think Lamont did the same when he put his back on if I remember right. I did take out a couple of bolts in the frame and had to pry some room but like I said it has been a while. Hope this helps some.
    Last edited by StriperKing; 12-04-2011 at 04:00 PM.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

Someone at BRP really didn't want anyone taking that thing off, that's for sure.
    2010 RTS and 2013 RSS

Spyder Garage

Some tips here

Spyder Garage

That worked great, thanks.
    2010 RTS and 2013 RSS

Spyder Garage

Good video, will be very helpful. The key is taking off the pipe, I don't think you could get if off otherwise.
    2010 RTS and 2013 RSS

Spyder Garage

Are you painting or chroming?

Spyder Garage

Another tip I would add for just general working on my Spyder. Use the trailer (if you own one) to hold all the body parts while your working on it, saves a ton of space in my man cave and gets stuff out of the way. I also like to simply use tape to hold the screws into the removed body parts so I can get everything back in the right spot later. I also like to use zip lock bags with notes on what parts/screws go to what, so when I go to re-assemble it goes a lot smother. Just my two cents.
    2010 RTS and 2013 RSS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by packbuckbrew View Post
    I also like to simply use tape to hold the screws into the removed body parts so I can get everything back in the right spot later. I also like to use zip lock bags with notes on what parts/screws go to what, so when I go to re-assemble it goes a lot smother. Just my two cents.
    Rookie, just throw them all in a pile.
    I use to do the same thing but after you've had one apart as many times as I have I know where every bolt and pin goes just by picking them up. That is a good idea till you get to that point.

Spyder Garage

You are probably right, I just get worried that I will forget a screw or something. My wife always asks how many parts I have left over after reassembly. I am going to be powder coating the rims and all grey parts black. I have everything off except the dang handle bar "cover", I saw your video on that and I am not looking forward to that teardown. But, until the snowmobile trails open, I have plenty of time to get r done!
    2010 RTS and 2013 RSS

Spyder Garage

Default very good video

One question on the two bolts on the master cylinder, location of these that your talking about?
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by packbuckbrew View Post
    Another tip I would add for just general working on my Spyder. Use the trailer (if you own one) to hold all the body parts while your working on it, saves a ton of space in my man cave and gets stuff out of the way. I also like to simply use tape to hold the screws into the removed body parts so I can get everything back in the right spot later. I also like to use zip lock bags with notes on what parts/screws go to what, so when I go to re-assemble it goes a lot smother. Just my two cents.
    I got a big piece of cardboard, drew the outline of the Spyder and stuck the screws in their proper spot on the outline.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since the memory "is the second thing to go", and I've already forgotten what the first one was ... I bag and pile them with the part they hooked to...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black