Spyder Garage

Default Auxiliary power source for RT

I tried to find the auxiliary power source that is up front to wire in a 12V receptical for GPS but could not find it. Anyone have an exact location for it and do I need to add a fuse to make this hot and if I do what fuse location is that. Thanks

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

On the 2010 RT (at least the early ones) there was an auxiliary power harness up front, tied near the left suspension support bracket. It may be visible near the top of the front left shock. This was powered off the same 10 amp circuit that fed the rear trunk outlet. You m,ay probably have to remove the front trunk or the front fascia panel to get at it. I believe this connector was eliminated from the 2011 model, but I have not positively confirmed that. If you have this wiring, you would not have to add a fuse, but it is not switched, and will be hot all the time.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    On the 2010 RT (at least the early ones) there was an auxiliary power harness up front, tied near the left suspension support bracket. It may be visible near the top of the front left shock. This was powered off the same 10 amp circuit that fed the rear trunk outlet. You m,ay probably have to remove the front trunk or the front fascia panel to get at it. I believe this connector was eliminated from the 2011 model, but I have not positively confirmed that. If you have this wiring, you would not have to add a fuse, but it is not switched, and will be hot all the time.
    Thanks, I have a very early 2010, made Aug. 09. It was the first RT sold locally. I will look again. I did not spend a lot of time till I knew for sure.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So did you get the panels off yet? What'd you find?
    Doesn't BRP offer up a 12 volt plug for frunk mounting as an accessory?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StriperKing View Post
    Thanks, I have a very early 2010, made Aug. 09. It was the first RT sold locally. I will look again. I did not spend a lot of time till I knew for sure.
    On my 2010, it was tied to the spring on the front shock. It has a rubber boot on it, but the boot is open to the weather. With a live 12 volt circuit, located in the wheel well, that didn't seem practical, so I had the dealer relocate it.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What's inside? A lighter receiver?
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    What's inside? A lighter receiver?
    A 2-pole connector that attaches to the rear of a 12V outlet.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default GPS power

Quote Originally Posted by StriperKing View Post
    I tried to find the auxiliary power source that is up front to wire in a 12V receptical for GPS but could not find it. Anyone have an exact location for it and do I need to add a fuse to make this hot and if I do what fuse location is that. Thanks
    My Zumo 220 came with a wire I ran along the tank, back to the battery. I was able to feed it down from the KewlMetal bracket I used and I protected the wire with a ribbed sleeve where it went down under the plastic. The wire has a fuse built into the line already. The only downside is that it is always hot, but I don't leave the GPS in the mount when not in use.