Thread: Alarm system

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Alarm system

Looking for input on which alarm system the majority of Spyder riders are using? Which is easier to install, more user friendly, etc.

arntufun

I use this one. It's very effective.

sarah-palin-gun-2.jpg

Only , I don't know of many that use them.
    Last edited by arntufun; 11-26-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ALARM SYSTEM

I almost most totally agree with dudester NJ, except NO HEAD SHOT......They don't deserve any mercy.............................................Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I use a basic Gorilla motorcycle alarm that sits just back of the battery under the seat and is hooked up directly to the battery. Mostly I use the "warn away" function, just to get peoples attention when they touch the RT. There are any number of higher priced units on the market with fancy two way pagers etc., but if you are looking for something simple, loud and a good price point you can't go wrong with this unit. Just Google Motorcycle Alarms and you will get quite a few options.

By the way, there is a guy on Kijiji Hamilton/Milton that has a new one of these for sale for $45.00.

Hope this helps

Spyder Garage

I have a Scorpio I900 installed on my Spyder. Whatever you get make sure it has a perimeter sensor. Since the Spyder doesn't tilt alarm systems with shock and tilt sensors won't work as well as they do on two wheel motorcycles. I only enable mine when I leave the Spyder in parking lots. This way the remote battery charge last over two weeks.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I use the Gorilla Motorcycle Alarm system with Keyed Wireless Arming (Fob). Works great and at under $100.00, does a great job. Only warning is draws down battery on the RT as our batteries are severely under powered for this unit.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. SpyderRider

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'd be tempted to wire in my LEDs to the alarm so the entire bike goes crazy like the fourth of July.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRider View Post
    I use the Gorilla Motorcycle Alarm system with Keyed Wireless Arming (Fob). Works great and at under $100.00, does a great job. Only warning is draws down battery on the RT as our batteries are severely under powered for this unit.

Hope that helps!
    That's what I used and it works great. Easy to install. It took me longer to pick the place to put it than to install it, because it fits almost any where. When my spyder is at home I it's on my Battery Tender Jr. I turned my alarm system on for two weeks with out the tender and started right up after two weeks. That's IMHO.

Mike