Thread: HEADS UP!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default HEADS UP!

BRP reps and their trailer will be at Mountain Motorsports!

When: Saturday, 03 DEC, 10:00 - ??
    Where: Mountain Motorsports
    899 Iris Dr,
    Conyers, GA 30094

More to follow...maybe. (Rumors from Bloke, there may be gimmes, handouts, freebies)
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 11-25-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default CanAm Demo guys

They were in Kennesaw about a month ago. What a super bunch of folks. I went just to ask a few questions. Met one of the guys at the coffe pot and he spent an hour or so answering questions and discussing the world. 250 days a year on the road for that crew. Almost no parts on the trucks, most all parts are shipped overnight. Just like the dealers do!! I asked if they have any problems with the people who want a demo. EVERY DAY was the answer. The bikes looked in good shape, all 2011s, I asked about "body rash" during the demos - EVERYDAY was again the answer. They will keep the 2011s until FEB - at least that was the plan in October.
    I don't know if they sold any bikes that day, but I sure had a good time!!

Tuck

Spyder Garage

Default Support from Mountain Motorsports

When I spoke with Bloke the beginning of the month, I did not know he would get in touch with BRP. The notice is less than what I was hoping for, but I am pleased that Mtn Motorsports is showing the support for our group.We have a few ideas to set up a beginning rider test course and a riding proficeincy course, if time allows. Bloke said coffee would be provided and I plan to do some baking. My thoughts behind setting this up is to let new riders/buyers see some excited Spyder owners. This can benefit both our group and the dealership.
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am 23" Ultra-touring windshield kit
    Can-Am fog lights
    Flash-2-Pass garage door opener
    Givi E460 top case with Admore LED kit
    Spring release on frunk
    Kewl Metal mirror extensions
    Spyder Lovers license plate frame
    Ultimate low rider seat with rider backrest and yellow contrast stitching
    Custom Dynamics Double Feature Lens Tail Light
    TricFenderz (Led lights) in amber/red

Spyder Garage

I can if required get my missis to cook a pot of her award winning chilli

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    I can if required get my missis to cook a pot of her award winning chilli
    Ask her if she is feeling any pressure on her arm.

Spyder Garage

If I get my Spyder fixed I'll be there. I have a small coolent leak. Is anyone going from Georgia Spyder Riders?

Mike

Spyder Garage

Penny & rick (double trouble guys) plan to be there for a while on Saturday.

I think Penny is planning to bake some kind of desserts we can share. I don't know how much but she is hitching up the trailer to the Spyder.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Penny & Rick (double trouble guys) plan to be there for a while on Saturday. I think Penny is planning to bake some kind of desserts we can share. I don't know how much but she is hitching up the trailer to the Spyder.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

I'm gonna try to be there as well. Hopefully I will be over this crud I have right now!!!

Spyder Garage

Default spyder riders at Mtn Motor Sports

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    Is anyone going from Georgia Spyder Riders?
    So far, Double Trouble, Hawk, Yol Bolsun and I (sew nonnie). Any one that can help Keith (Yol Bolsun) on Friday let him know. He will be there to work on the training/skills course.

I have the gaufrette cookies made and wil start on short bread tonight or tomorrow.
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am fog lights
    Spring release on frunk

Spyder Garage

Default Time at Mt Motor Sports?

I am planning on making my way over there as well on Saturday. I came up with a new pecan bar (a pecan pie with so much in it - it is not a pie). It has Markers Mark, chocolate and of course pecans. I can not imagine the Markers Mark being a problem unless you ate it while riding and taking a breath test at the same time. Yes, most of the alcohol does burn out. . I hope to have the time to make it on Friday and bring it with me....

By the way -- what is the time frame for this Spyder Nesting?

Edit: I just saw the 10am ---- what time are most of you planning?

Joan
    Blue 2011 RT-S: My Economic Contributions: Rt Hand Brake, RAM handle bar cup holder, Kewl Metal Gadget mount for phone/GPS, Midland CB, High Tech V2 Wireless intercom, GloRiders-Blue, BRP hitch, Bike-rack for travel duffel, Grip Puppies, Arrow mirror turn signals, RT HMT Rear light, Utopia Driver's seat back, Lamont's NBV Highway pegs, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Baker Air Wings
    Life is a matter of Prospective We create our own Prospective.

Spyder Garage

Default saturday time frame

Quote Originally Posted by GASpyderLady View Post
    I am planning on making my way over there as well on Saturday. I came up with a new pecan bar (a pecan pie with so much in it - it is not a pie). It has Markers Mark, chocolate and of course pecans. I can not imagine the Markers Mark being a problem unless you ate it while riding and taking a breath test at the same time. Yes, most of the alcohol does burn out. . I hope to have the time to make it on Friday and bring it with me....

By the way -- what is the time frame for this Spyder Nesting?

Edit: I just saw the 10am ---- what time are most of you planning?
    Keith and I plan to be there about 9 am. Your pecan bars sound great!!!Look forward to seeing you. Maybe we will have a chance to discuss the logo work your friend is doing.
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am fog lights
    Spring release on frunk

Spyder Garage

Default Sat. Dec. 3rd

Good time had by all who attended the Mtn. Motor Spt. open house in Conyers today.

Thanks to Bloke's wife for the Chili. Thanks to the Mtn. Motorsports management for the coffee and pizza and thanks to Melanie and Penny for the baked goods. (I probably left someone out so thanks to them too!).

Quite a few test rides today and most were impressed with the Spyders. One guy confessed he was scared and didn't think he could handle the machine. I tried to tell him to give it a chance but on second thought, given his attitude, maybe he would be better staying in a cage.

Nice to see all the folks.

Spyder Garage

Default Dec. 3rd

Whoops..

Forgot to also say thanks to Matt from BRP who has an impressive knowledge of our machines and has knowlege about lots of other things.

He says he knows Lamonster well, but despite that failing Matt is really a nice guy.

Spyder Garage

Made the trip out to Mtn. Motorsports and had a great time. I want to thank Kieth aka Yol Bolsun for making me feel right at home with a couple of new friends...Can't leave out Melanie and GAspyderlady..great ladies!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee67 View Post
    Made the trip out to Mtn. Motorsports and had a great time. I want to thank Kieth aka Yol Bolsun for making me feel right at home with a couple of new friends...Can't leave out Melanie and GAspyderlady..great ladies!!
    and thanks to BRP.

Mike

Spyder Garage

I FORGOT!!!!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Default Mountain Motorsports

It was a great day! I enjoyed meeting fellow Georgia Spyder Riders and the prospective riders who came for a test ride. I also enjoyed myfirst visit to Mountain Motorsports. They have a great facility and I noticedhow every employee made a point to say “hello” which is very refreshing intoday’s retail world. Bloke was a busy guy but still took the time to answerquestions in addition to leading the test rides.
    Thank you Keith and Melanie and others for representing theGSR. And thank you to BRP and Mountain Motorsports for allowing us to participateand for building awareness of the Spyder in Georgia.
    The only disappointment was not riding the white Limitedhome but it was not because of a lack of effort on Bloke’s part!
    Ride safe,
    Kevin

Spyder Garage

thank you so much for coming out guys and girls i had a great time, Joans pecan delight, Melanie's shortbread and Pennys muffins plus missis Bs chilli (that's my wife) was about all i could handle at the end of the day i had to loosen my belt! oh yeah we rode some bikes and stuff too at times! actually i think i did more than 20 odd demos, got to give a shout out to the guys at freedom for letting us have one of their spyders (at very short notice) after i sold both our demo bikes Friday night!

anyway a hell of a nice day weather wise and more people turned up than i expected on the first weekend in december that's for sure! next one will be when the weather breaks in march and i will make sure i have one of each to ride if you guys want and also we will give you more notice about it too! we definitely got ourselves a few new members this weekend inc my wife who now wants to borrow a spyder more regularly than she does already and hang with you guys!

thanks again everybody for coming making edible goodies (im just finishing the short bread with a glass of milk tonight) and helping potential owners with all the questions they have about spyder ownership, it was great to meet you all

edit: you guys are welcome to hang out anytime you want, we have fresh coffee and comfy couches plus a big screen tv running all day if you just need somewhere to recharge on a run or to see friendly faces
    Last edited by bloke; 12-04-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Toys42 View Post
    The only disappointment was not riding the white Limited home but it was not because of a lack of effort on Bloke’s part!
    Kevin its ready when you are mate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    I FORGOT!!!!

Was wondering about ya!!! Great seeing all of you.

Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It was a lot of fun attending Mountain Motorsports CAN-AM Spyder Demo Day December 3, 2011 . Several GSR regulars showed up as well as some new folks.

jeromeb made it up from Columbus, GA (140 miles). Toys42 (is that toys for two or toys fortytwo?) made it with a friend on a Wing in tow, and from Alabama, Bumblebee67 and her husband, joined us.

Matt from BRP (and his wife) was there to answer questions and talk Spyder with any and everyone. Thanks Matt for being there. And, thanks for the caps.

ABATE was also there looking to recruit. Something for us to discuss as a group?

Thanks to Bloke and Mountain Motorsports for an enjoyable day, pizza and coffee.

A special thanks to Joan (GASpyderlady), Penny (the lovely half of Double Trouble) , Melanie (Sewnonnie) and Mrs. Bloke for some wonderful goodies, pecan bars, pumpkin muffins, assorted cookies AND chili.

Mike (as in MikeinGA) did you get some pics?

Pssst! Don't let Sparky (SparkySpyder) know she missed out on seeing an available Vyper Red RT-S.
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 12-05-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Thank yous are not complete....

To Keith (Yol Bolsun) and Melanie (Sewnonnie) for all they did to make this happen. In addition, they set up a cone course for the Spyders and brought their 'bunkhouse' for all to see. The bunkhouse is a small camper that they tow behind the RT. Mel - hopefully no one was tested at work after eating my pecan bars. (if they made it that far)

Joan
    Last edited by GASpyderLady; 12-05-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    Blue 2011 RT-S: My Economic Contributions: Rt Hand Brake, RAM handle bar cup holder, Kewl Metal Gadget mount for phone/GPS, Midland CB, High Tech V2 Wireless intercom, GloRiders-Blue, BRP hitch, Bike-rack for travel duffel, Grip Puppies, Arrow mirror turn signals, RT HMT Rear light, Utopia Driver's seat back, Lamont's NBV Highway pegs, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Baker Air Wings
    Life is a matter of Prospective We create our own Prospective.

Spyder Garage

Default pecan bars

Quote Originally Posted by GASpyderLady View Post
    Mel - hopefully no one was tested at work after eating my pecan bars. (if they made it that far)

Joan
    I took the pecan bars to work. they were gobbled up with speed and much appreciation. Our random drug testing was done right after thanksgiving, so we were all safe for the day. Thank you so much from everyone
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am fog lights
    Spring release on frunk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Thanks to the Mtn. Motorsports management for the coffee and pizza and thanks to Melanie and Penny for the baked goods. (I probably left someone out so thanks to them too!).
    Penny, the pumpkin muffins were great. I left several for the Mtn Motorsports crew to enjoy. Left them with big miles of appreciation. I brought some home and have the remainder in the freezer for net weekend. Thanks again.
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am fog lights
    Spring release on frunk