Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hood help needed!

Okay, I feel like a bone-head! I was in a big hurry the other day and I had a
    parking lot accident that smashed my hood lid. What makes it a seriously
    bone-head move in my situation is that I can't really afford to replace it. My
    social security disability check is simply not large enough. So, i need answers
    to this question:

Who has a great idea as to where I can purchase a deeply discounted hood lid?

Thanks in advance for any/all ideas and advice!

Steve Arndt
    Last edited by srarndt; 01-03-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: updated

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by srarndt View Post
    to two questions:

1. Who has a great idea as to where I can purchase a deeply
    discounted hood lid, and

2. Can anyone please provide me clear step by step
    instructions as to how to remove/replace what little there is left of the hood lid on my 2008 model.

Steve Arndt
    Steve, you have to remove the front fascia to access the hinge bolts. This is the V-shaped plastic part with the round BRP emblem on it. First, bunch up a rag and place it over the hood latch so that the frunk lid does not keep locking. With the lid open, you can see on the inside the plastic clips that hold the fascia on, 5 in total. These can be unclipped with strong fingers or a careful screwdriver.There are 4 clips along the top of the fascia and one underneath. With the fascia removed,you will see the upper and lower hinge bolts (hinge pins). Remove the black plastic caps off the hinge bolt caps and unscrew the hinge bolts with a 10 mm wrench. Now you can remove the lid. Hope this helps. Sorry, I don't know where you can find a used lid. Good luck with it, Neez.

Spyder Garage

Be sure to post your hood need on the sale / want to buy page. Maybe someone has one. Hope you get her fixed soon.

My better half and the best dad ever!!

Spyder Garage

I rear ended a truck with mine at a stop sign on my way to Maggie Valley. It broke all the plastic sealing areas under the hood. The cost of a new hood painted with the BRP insignia is Around $360.00 plus installation. It was cheaper than I expected.

Spyder Garage

You might check with your insurance carrier to see if they have totalled any spyders that left hood intact. My 2010 RTS did that... they sell them to someone for scrap..
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HOOD HELP

Procaliber.com sells them for $ 249.50 delivered....in yellow and full moon...if you can get yours off you can put their's on.....good luck.....Mike....and Happy Thanksgiving...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You might be able to get a hood on Ebay, or check with your dealership. I know in the past I have seen fenders for sale on Ebay. Right now there is a complete set of plastics on Ebay for $750.00 in red, that a dealer took off to install a phatom kit.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your incident. Lots of help posted above--let us know how it works out.

Bonehead Happens: I backed my SUV into my garage door as it was coming down a couple weeks ago. Now I will have to replace my door and opener come spring.

You should also post on, and check the Pay it Forward thread which is currently in the queue. There are some nice people there that are willing to part with stuff they don't need for shipping. Maybe someone will have a hood.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-24-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Sorry to hear about your incident. Lots of help posted above--let us know how it works out.

Bonehead Happens: I backed my SUV into my garage door as it was coming down a couple weeks ago. Now I will have to replace my door and opener come spring.

You should also post on, and check the Pay it Forward thread which is currently in the queue. There are some nice people there that are willing to part with stuff they don't need for shipping. Maybe someone will have a hood.
    Excellent! Will do!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah I have been looking around ebay etc for a new red hood cause mine has a nasty scratch , to no luck maybe ill go into the pay it forward post as well lol.

Spyder Garage

Default hood

i was im my local dealer shop a little while back there was a take off hood laying around had a scratch in it and a decal on it they might unload reasonably

south west suzuki 830-709-4400

it was yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Plastics

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    You might be able to get a hood on Ebay, or check with your dealership. I know in the past I have seen fenders for sale on Ebay. Right now there is a complete set of plastics on Ebay for $750.00 in red, that a dealer took off to install a phatom kit.
    I sold a full set for $200. Keep your eyes open on this website!... Don't pay dealer retail!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default The holidays are over, so it's back to the hood!

to this question:

Who has a great idea as to where I can purchase a deeeply discounted hood lid?

Steve Arndt

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Have you tried to repair and repaint? Plastic can be fused with the right solvents or heat welded together. There are folks in the boat industry that could do this. Some of the solvents that can be used are toluene or acetone.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Keep the post actice. I am sure someone on this site will come up with something...good luck...I wish I had one.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    Keep the post actice. I am sure someone on this site will come up with something...good luck...I wish I had one.
    Thanks!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandgrouchy View Post
    Have you tried to repair and repaint? Plastic can be fused with the right solvents or heat welded together. There are folks in the boat industry that could do this. Some of the solvents that can be used are toluene or acetone.
    O and G...

I must have hit the trailer hitch on the pick up truck jus the WRONG way...The hood smashed into many little pieces...

Thanks for the suggestion!

Spyder Garage

Default Hood Help

Don't know if you have seen this. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...anels-for-sale
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest