Thread: Rider Position

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rider Position

I need to ask if anyone can help. I'm a fairly tall individual and would like to know if there is any aftermarket seat that positions the rider two or more inches back. Any help in repositioning my body would help...Thanks much...JP

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

I am 6'6" and had the same issues, I went to a custom seat maker and now I have a great fitting seat for $500.

Spyder Garage

I've seen two spyders with seats that were custom fitted at the service department of my dealership (Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, Florida). The two spyders belonged to Dwight Howard (6'11") and Otis Smith (6' 9") both of the Orlando Magic. Might want to give a call and ask for Ken Ward the service manager. The way it looked they were seated way back almost in the passenger seat area.

Chris

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am 6' 5" and had same issue. I had my seat customized to not only move myself back about 2 inches, but mainly I added about 4" in height so that my kness were not up in the chest as much. Made a big difference in comfort for me. I had Kontour Seats customize mine.

Here is my review on what I had done = http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hlight=Kontour

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Russel Day Long can move you back 2" with the stock seat pan. I also noticed that my seat is about an inch higher than the stock one. A combination of the Day Long and moving my E.S.I. peg brackets 1 1/2" forward has let me stretch out!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP is also offering the seat that is standard on the Limiteds as an accessory and it moves you back 2".
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black