Spyder Garage

Default up grade for rear shock or spring.

i have a 2014 can am spyder st . when i ride with a passenger with weight , maybe like all together 420 pounds between the both of us , my seat almost touches rear tire . Any suggestions ,.... call a couple of shops and no help .....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz24 View Post
    i have a 2014 can am spyder st . when i ride with a passenger with weight , maybe like all together 420 pounds between the both of us , my seat almost touches rear tire . Any suggestions ,.... call a couple of shops and no help .....
    Have you checked to make sure the air bag has the max pressure? I was having that issue with my RT and it turned out that the Programed setting was only allowing 33# had a dealer reset the program with BUDS and that allowed me to set it at 66#. That fixed the problem.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have to same issue. I had my Rt in the shop for it probably 5 times. No joy. They replaced the rear shock with an OEM shock. Didn't help. I finally got an Elka rear shock and I still rub the rear tire when we ride two up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's an ST guys, no air on rear shock, no preload!!

basically the oem rear shock is ....

there are lots of threads - some advise on changing the spring to a more robust one. I'm about to install rear elka ... In fact I should be out there right now taking bits off ready for husband to do the install...

search in st forum for elka or rear shock and you'll be able to decide what's best for you.