Thread: Maybe the TCM ?

Spyder Garage

Default Maybe the TCM ?

I've had a couple of incidents lately of my SE-5's Engine Light coming on at a stop, then when accelerating it wouldn't upshift, I'd shift again then it would go to the next gear and the Engine Light would go off. Also, when I go to start it the first time, it's in first gear?? Anyone have anything like that and what was the solution??

Tripod

Spyder Garage

This may be a loose battery connection, or an oil level issue.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SHIFTING

LOVE2RIDE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Time to either pull up the diagnostic codes or take it to a dealer and hook it to BUDS. Wildy guessing will do nothing worthwhile.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

As BlueKnight911 stated, my wife Love2Ride just had a similar issue. We changed the oil hoping that would clear it up, as she was due for a change anyway, and made sure the level was correct but that had no effect. She had to take it to the dealer. They hooked it up to BUDS, and could get it to register the shifts when they pressed hard on the paddle, and could not recreate the issue. They showed her how they were testing it, and she told them she never hits the paddle that hard. They had her shift like she normally does, and BUDS was only picking up about half of her upshifts. They replaced the shifter paddle, and that cured the issue for her. Her Spyder is out of warranty, so it cost $144 for the part and then adding labor and a parking brake adjustment ran the total up to about $270. I would expect this to be covered by warranty.