Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default CRASH UPDATE!!!!!!

It took two weeks for the dealer to come up with detailed pricing on my crashed 2010 Spyder RTS SM5, but when they finally did it was as I expected - a Trailer truck will total a Spyder... While I suffered anxiety during the wait the outcome was pleasantly surprising.. The insurance company is paying me $23655 for a 2010 Spyder with 21000 miles
    plus reimbursement for my mods and full sales tax on all.... WOW!!
    I am in the queue to take delivery on a 2012 Lava Bronze Limited with Camel Seat (Yeah I know some of you don't like the new seat but I think its elegant). Now all I can do is wait and hope to be on the road by year end.
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Take the money and run. on your new RTS. Don't worry about the color--I amsure there are those out there that don't like the Black color like I have either.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-23-2011 at 10:23 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Glad the insurance company has come through for you!!! I love that Lava color!! Don't have a preference of seats. Get what YOU want. Because you are the only one you need to please!!!!

Hope Christmas comes early!!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Good deal! Don't let anyone talk you out of what you want. There was another post recently that a guy got a good deal an a nearly new Spyder because the previous owners let a bunch of HD owners talk them out of it.

Ride what you want and let the other guy do the same. Doesn't mean we don't all have an opinion. But if we all agreed there would only be 1 motorcycle for sale.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Glad it all worked out for you...........What insurance company do you have ???......
    Hope you are healing well....
    Thanks for the update

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Default Oh goodness!

I haven't been out here much so I didn't know about the accident. I hope you're okay.

Sounds like the ins. co. was AWESOME.

I can't wait to see your new ride. I didn't even know you could get a different color seat on the newer bikes. Now I have to go see.

As for whether or not someone else likes it... pfffft! They probably won't be invited to drive it anyway. That's why they make VARIETY. Just look at us... VARIETY baby.

My better half and the best dad ever!!

Spyder Garage

Glad you are ok most of all. Not the way you want to upgrade, but REALLY like your pick GREAT color combo!
    SPYDEB

Spyder Garage

I love that color - Its a warm light brown. Wish I had One!!!!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Just saw the Lava at our local owners event. AWESOME!! Looks way better in the sun than the pictures show.

Spyder Garage

Default Crash Update

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    It took two weeks for the dealer to come up with detailed pricing on my crashed 2010 Spyder RTS SM5, but when they finally did it was as I expected - a Trailer truck will total a Spyder... While I suffered anxiety during the wait the outcome was pleasantly surprising.. The insurance company is paying me $23655 for a 2010 Spyder with 21000 miles
    I am in the queue to take delivery on a 2012 Lava Bronze Limited with Camel Seat (Yeah I know some of you don't like the new seat but I think its elegant). Now all I can do is wait and hope to be on the road by year end.

AWESOME!!!!! Glad everything has worked out in your favor. Nice choice on your selection of the color combination on the 2012.
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good deal. Who is your insurance carrier? Sounds like a good company to do business with. You certainly were lucky that you weren't hurt. We had a similar accident near me last week where a semi was backing into a drive and a car hit it. The passenger in the car was killed and the driver was critically injured.

I love the lava but haven't seen it in person yet.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Good choice for the seat

2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Hal, glad to see you got the Insurance taken care of . Hope your feeling better an get that new ride home ASAP looking foward to seeing you on some rides soon. John & Carol

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

What guage shotgun did you hold to the insurance adjusters head Good for you!
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

Nice color combo and enjoy your new ryde..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Glad that your insurance co took care of you and things worked out for you. I am sure the lava bronze color and camel colored seat will look awesome in person. Please post pics when your new arrives

Spyder Garage

Wow! That's an impressive settlement! Sounds like they paid off at near full replacement cost.

Glad to hear you did well because you sure deserve it after that experience!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default congratulations

I'm happy to hear the insurance company took good care of you. I've seen the Lava Bronze and it looks awesome (better than any photo I've seen). Enjoy your new ride!

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

I take it that it was the truckers insurance and not yours.....whom did the settlement..... Pain and suffering ?????? is that next or part of the truckers insurance pay out?? Just a curious ole f..t would like to know. Of course if it be none of my business then that is ok too.

I am happy that you are getting some action and replacement.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    Good for you, and glad your okay. Very nice that it worked out for you with your insurance company. Cool pick of the 2012 Lava Bronze Limited with Camel Seat. I think it will be top notch. I have not seen one in person yet, but I also think it will look elegant, very rich.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you are okay. You got a good settlement and without a hassel, I hope. Very good.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

on the settlement, it sounds more than fair! Hope the new ryde comes in soon!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As another ryder sitting here waiting on his bike being fixed; I salute you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Smile

Nice to hear you were not hurt. Sounds like a good insurance company. Get that new Spyder and ride it like you stold it.

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry about...

Sorry to hear of the original crash but as has been said, glad your person is okay. Meanwhile back at the garage, WOOT! Enjoy dat new tripod!!

pATRICK
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167