Spyder Garage

Default 600 miles maintenance

Do we have to get it done at the stealer? if positive, how much are you paying for this in your area?
    I got two prices so far, $295.00 at the place I got mine and the other one closest to my house $200.00.
    Please advise,
    Thanks!
    H

Spyder Garage

Thats cheap....My dealer wants $180 just for an oil change...Think I paid $360 for my 600mi service.

Spyder Garage

Default 600 Mile Check Up

Quote Originally Posted by hspyder View Post
    Do we have to get it done at the stealer? if positive, how much are you paying for this in your area?
    I got two prices so far, $295.00 at the place I got mine and the other one closest to my house $200.00.
    Please advise,
    Thanks!
    H

$200 sounds about right. I had mine done for $225, but was originally quoted $350. I would continue to check around, but honestly I don't think you are going to find it much cheaper than $200.
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Spyder Garage

$350 is the typical asking price.. $200 is a good deal if they real check everything they are supposed to..
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Mandatory signature by authorized dealer

For the 1st maintainance service check, you have to have it done and make sure they sign your Operator's Guide book,Break-in Inspection..pg 118. Prices vary, but you can bet the cheaper the price the less the effort. $289.00 for ours.. And not so sure about the amount of effort put in.

Spyder Garage

Your paying them $2-$300 to -
    1- Change oil and transmission filter.
    2- Lubricate front suspension. (If you have them do it Make sure you look for signs of grease on the nipples to see if its been done?)
    3- Check for fault codes and belt tension.
    4- Checking tire wear and coolant level is a no brainer?
    The more you do yourself the more you know its been done !!
    You can learn to do All those things right in the Help section or through searches?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Your paying them $2-$300 to -
    1- Change oil and transmission filter.
    2- Lubricate front suspension. (If you have them do it Make sure you look for signs of grease on the nipples to see if its been done?)
    3- Check for fault codes and belt tension.
    4- Checking tire wear and coolant level is a no brainer?
    The more you do yourself the more you know its been done !!
    You can learn to do All those things right in the Help section or through searches?
    I agree!
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 600 mile maintenance

Three of the local Atlanta dealers are owned by the same folks and charge about $85 per hour. Synthetic oil is expensive, as are filters and grease. They check the system for recorded faults and do service bulletins and what ever pops up. As remarked above, you're in the ballpark. The Goldwing and Harley folks are in the $90s and that's the way it is and ?? for the future. I have 8 vertebrae welded together and can't do these things any more, so I bought the 15000 maintenance plan. I figure I'll pay for it during the 6,000 or 9,000 mile inspections. 6 oil changes, and all mx up to 15,000 are included. I also have the 6 or 7 year extended warranty for the Spyder. Just like my
    Prius, it's an electrical monster and computers and troubleshooting, etc can eat up a lot of $$. Changed one Prius computer and it was $1600, more than the extended warranty itself.
    I readily admit I wasted one HD extended warranty on a used HD FXDX with almost 20,000 miles because nothing ever broke, not one thing in the following 4 years and 50,000 miles.
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

You are in the ball park for 600 miles. I would go to the dealer with the best service department--not the lowest price.

When you take your bike in for 12,000--don't go with the valve adjustments--it will add about $800 to your bill--because they have to tear the bike apart. Or they won't do anything, collect the $800, and have a good laugh.

Most members are letting valves go until about 36,000 miles.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

zrc

I was able to pick up my Spyder from Cowtown at 8713 on the odometer, when should I plan my next service? In April at Spyderfest? I am already at 9850 on the OD.

Just wondering.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zrc View Post
    I was able to pick up my Spyder from Cowtown at 8713 on the odometer, when should I plan my next service? In April at Spyderfest? I am already at 9850 on the OD.

Just wondering.
    It depends. If Cowtown did the 9K oil change etc., before you bought, you are good until 12,000 miles. If not, you are overdue for an oil and filter change. The maintenance schedule is in your owners manual.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

zrc

Looks like I need to call Len...

Thanks NancysToy!