Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster RTW Project- Well received

I'm happy to say I am home and the graphics from Pete at PowerSportsWraps came out killer. I had a better idea of what I wanted this time and we did change things up a bit but the end result couldn't be better. I was there for three long days and the last day and a half I was in a little bit of a funk because I got some bad news while I was there and it pretty much took me till today to completely snap out of it. I will tell you that a good ride is the best thing for me when I get in a funk or a bad mood. There's nothing more therapeutic for me than getting in the wind.

I left Pete's place in Erie PA about 7:30pm I guess and drove till I couldn't take it anymore and pulled into a rest stop to try and get some z's but it was cold and my truck is not that great to sleep in. I woke about 3:30 am and freshened up a bit on got back on the road. By 7:30 I was on the nod again so I pulled over to try and get some sleep before I got myself killed. About 15 minutes into my sleep I got a phone call to see how I was doing. I was doing fine till I got the call but then I couldn't get back to sleep so I headed home once again. I started feeling a little better and made it all the way home by 10:30 Saturday morning. I unloaded the Rt and put everything away and got cleaned up and decided to make a run to my dealer at East TN ATV and pick up some chrome and show them the graphics. They had what I needed in stock so I grabbed it and they came out and looked at the RT and they loved it, as a matter of fact they liked it better than the black one and I'm starting to feel the same way. Everything really pops on the white background and it look better when it dirty and that a big plus for me.

The ride there was about 50 miles and I was starting to feel pretty good so I decide to go ahead and make a run to the Snake on 421 and grab a sticker for the new RT.

First off I don't want to forget to tell you how much I love these new Elka stage 5 shocks. The snake is a great road to really test your skills as a rider and to test out things like the suspension on the twisties. I can say without a doubt that these out handle any shock I've tried to date. I was able to get through the turns much faster than I had before with much more control. I was flipping out how much it changed an already great ride.

When I got to the store the first guy to come up to me was a kneedragger and he loved what I did to the RT. He rides there all the time and he said he's seen a lot of Spyders up there but never one that was as cool as this one. That picked up my spirits quite a bit knowing that it wasn't just me and people I knew who like it. Shortly after that a couple of old Harley guys came up and was giving me the drill and they loved it too. While we were talking this gal rolls up on a Sporty and asked if one of us would take some pics of her going down the road as she was a writer for IronWorks magazine and she was testing a new Mustang seat for them and wanted a couple of action shots. I told her I would be glad to shoot some for her and when she got back she was happy with the pics and said I got some really good shots. She looked a little surprised so I told her I take a lot of pics and videos for the blogs I write. That opened up the conversation about the Spyder and the Spyder 5 group. I guess she's been looking at Spyders herself. Anyway I asked if she would take a few pics for me and she was glad to do so. She got some great shots and a little interview so who know, we might get some ink out of it. It always amazes me that I happen to be in the right place at the right time. This was my first ride since I got the graphics installed and I get a gal from a local magazine shooting it that day.

This is Marilin Elmore from IronWorks

This is one she took that had a cool sign in the background but it's hard to read as this res

I road home from there feeling a little better about life and I got to say the Spyder is good for what ails ya.

Spyder Garage

Nice write-up as usual and congrats on the new graphics !!!
    I had just finished looking at all the pics you posted of the installation of the graphics, before I read this post.
    LOOKS GREAT !!!

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

I realy like the new graphics. They realy do stand out on the white back ground, very cool.

Spyder Garage

Aw Man, Wish we had known you were heading to the Snake. I might have been able to convince Betty Boop (the wifey) to ride up there and try out her new winter gear....The Snake is such a fun road...Except I always see DEER when I'm up there...

The LE (Lamonster Edition) is looking sharp!!!
    2009 Victory Midnight Cherry Vision
    2011 Can-Am Viper Red Spyder RT-S

Spyder Garage

Lamont, the new graphics look great, especially on the pearl white . Can't wait to see in person at Spyderfest.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looks Great!

I am liking the white better also IMHO.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Good right up....hope your life just had a hiccup and not something major...prayers for you....

I can't spell 'right' should be 'write'....duh...................
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 11-14-2011 at 12:02 PM.

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Good right up....hope your life just had a hiccup and not something major...prayers for you....
    Great write-up on RTW and the reactions to it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your funk, your right about going for a ryde. Nothing more therapeutic. As they say " You never see a Motorbike in front of a Psychiatrist Office" Your new RTW in turning out RAD Bro.

Spyder Garage

those TN plates on there? no Canadian plates any more?
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Default So Lamont,

Your RT-0001 was an SM5 wasn't it? How are you adjusting to and liking the SE5?
    Just curious, you may have already commented on it and I missed it somewhere.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I love the white and if money wasn't an issue I'd paint mine in a heartbeat. But since money is an issue I'll just have to lust after yours.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    Your RT-0001 was an SM5 wasn't it? How are you adjusting to and liking the SE5?
    Just curious, you may have already commented on it and I missed it somewhere.
    My very first RT was a SM and when I asked for a SE luck would have it that it was 0001. I love the SE for many reasons and that's always what I recommend if someone ask. There is no down side to the SE that I can think of.

Spyder Garage

Great looking Ryde and great write up. And yeah Bro, seems you're in the right place at the right time. Would like to see the write-up.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    those TN plates on there? no Canadian plates any more?
    Those are Wisconsin plates.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

I road home from there feeling a little better about life and I got to say the Spyder is good for what ails ya.
    Well said my friend. Whenever my day is off the Spyder and the wind seems to change my attitude!
    SPYDEB

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Clearing the cobwebs out can do wonders...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Rather it 4 legs, 3 wheels, or 2 wheels, the wind in your face and a nice long ride can do wonders for the soul. I use to jump on a horse for a little horse therapy but now I can jump on the Spyder and get the same therapy with a lot more wind in my face. Nothing like it!

Glad you are out of your funk, it can get funky down there.
    2011 RT Limited
    Life is Good

Spyder Garage

Default 421

Which part of 421 is called the snake ? We rode a bunch of 421 last year and it was a lonnnnnnnnnnnng bunch of twisties. I think we were further north than what you rode.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by exwinger View Post
    Which part of 421 is called the snake ? We rode a bunch of 421 last year and it was a lonnnnnnnnnnnng bunch of twisties. I think we were further north than what you rode.
    http://www.421thesnake.com/custom/index.cfm?id=194696