Spyder Garage

Default Hello to all...another new owner looking for recommendations

I'm from Kansas City, and looking for feedback on local dealers in the area....and here's why!
    We've been toying with the idea of a Spyder for some time, (now that the kids are pretty well out of the house!), and wouldn't you know it, a slightly used 2011 RT showed up at the local Harley Dealer a few weeks ago. We saw it that morning, and were signing papers by noon! Interestingly enough, it was purchased here in town a few weeks prior to that, the owners took it for a single roadtrip to Fayetteville, where they caught a lot of flack from their HD friends that it wasn't a Harley that they came back to KC and traded it on a new Harley almost immediately. They did take the time to get the 600mi service done, since the paperwork was still in the trunk. Long story short....we bought it with 622 miles on it, and basically got the 622 trailer tossed in on the deal. We're tickled, and are just lovin' it!
    So now I'm looking for any feedback I can get on local dealers...I've heard good and bad about about both of them (I'm only aware of two) but most of what I've heard comes from buyers of the 4-wheelers and/or other bikes, and I'd like to hear of any experiences with them from a Spyder perspective. Dealers are Advantage PowerSports (North side of KC) and Reno PowerSports (South Side)
    Also interested in any other Spyders in the area...

Thanks!!
    See you in April...already booked for SpyderFest!

KCPete
    Our 'Tardis' 2011 RT SE5 A/C Orbital Blue & 622 Trailer
    HMT Brake Lt, KewlMetal Hwy Brkts, Corbin Seat w/heat & backrest, Custom Dynamics Fender Tips & Mudflap LEDs, Gorilla Alarm, Stebel Horn, Xenon Depot HID Kit, SpyderPOPS Radiator block & BumpSkid, RumblingPride TCM flag mts, Elkas, BRP Fogs, Garmin 665, Alaskan Leather ButtPads, Gremlin Bell, GripBuddies, his/her htd gear power jacks, KewlMetal Perf Air Intake, BajaRon plugs/wires & Anti-Sway Bar, Baker Belt Stabilizer, Baker Mug.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KCPete View Post
    I'm from Kansas City, and looking for feedback on local dealers in the area....and here's why!
    We've been toying with the idea of a Spyder for some time, (now that the kids are pretty well out of the house!), and wouldn't you know it, a slightly used 2011 RT showed up at the local Harley Dealer a few weeks ago. We saw it that morning, and were signing papers by noon! Interestingly enough, it was purchased here in town a few weeks prior to that, the owners took it for a single roadtrip to Fayetteville, where they caught a lot of flack from their HD friends that it wasn't a Harley that they came back to KC and traded it on a new Harley almost immediately. They did take the time to get the 600mi service done, since the paperwork was still in the trunk. Long story short....we bought it with 622 miles on it, and basically got the 622 trailer tossed in on the deal. We're tickled, and are just lovin' it!
    So now I'm looking for any feedback I can get on local dealers...I've heard good and bad about about both of them (I'm only aware of two) but most of what I've heard comes from buyers of the 4-wheelers and/or other bikes, and I'd like to hear of any experiences with them from a Spyder perspective. Dealers are Advantage PowerSports (North side of KC) and Reno PowerSports (South Side)
    Also interested in any other Spyders in the area...

Thanks!!
    See you in April...already booked for SpyderFest!

KCPete
    Some people just need to be comfortable with what they ride. Why let others beat you out of a great machine? If they would have stuck it out they probably would have other Spyders riding in the group after awhile.

But hey! Great deal for you! Glad you got a good deal. See you in Cuba!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Good for you!

and

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

sounds like you got a great deal.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Their lost your gain.

Spyder Garage

and on your new purchase.

There was a thread on yesterday naming recommend dealers by state--that might be helpful. You can also do a search by dealer names--people tend to write more about bad dealers though, than good ones. Take single complaints with a grain of salt--multiple complaints--there is a trend there.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

renos is where i got mine and so far so good,not cowtown good but had some things done on warenty and no trouble.batt went bad and they gave me a new one.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like his cave was your win.

Spyder Garage

Too bad they gave in to friends but a def gain for you...congrats. Can never figure out why some people have the "make" mind set. Its the fact that you ride not what you ride.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    renos is where i got mine and so far so good,not cowtown good but had some things done on warenty and no trouble.batt went bad and they gave me a new one.
    Sounds like a good recommendation from napper39. Try these folks and see how it goes. When you go in for your 3,000 check up, ask if you can watch the tech change your oil, etc (so you can learn more about your Spyder). Actually, you are watching to see if they do the work required on the BRP check list. (most don't) Most dealers give you the usual "insurance won't allow it" excuse. All they can say is "no". I told my dealer I would have my attorney draw up a waiver so he is not responsible for my safety....he said, Oh, go ahead, so I sit back from the tech and watch him work.... I think few dealers will go this way....but ask...

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

and on you new purchase (what a deal ). If you ever get the the east side of the state, give me a yell for a meet and greet. I know it would be a ways to go, but no one will take better care of your Spyder than Len, Dan, Kevin, tom and the rest of the "family" at Cowtown in Cuba Mo. They are the best in these parts of the world. See you at Spyderfest, it's going to be a party!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

&

Spyder Garage

Default congrats.

Congrats to you both on your purchase. Sounds like an exciting time for you! Just realize you are going to have, "Rock Star Status" now.
    You are gonna get all kinds of questions and looks. Again, congrats to you both!!

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture