GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy Scuff Mark Removal

I have black scuff marks on my Spyder down around where your boots/shoes touch that gray/silver area on both sides of my bike. I've tried to get it off with 409 but that doesn't touch it. I'm afraid to use anything abrasive. Does anyone have any ideas of how to get it off? Will be in the Veterans Day Parade tomorrow and would really like to clean those marks off.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lawawuu View Post
    I have black scuff marks on my Spyder down around where your boots/shoes touch that gray/silver area on both sides of my bike. I've tried to get it off with 409 but that doesn't touch it. I'm afraid to use anything abrasive. Does anyone have any ideas of how to get it off? Will be in the Veterans Day Parade tomorrow and would really like to clean those marks off.
    Goo Gone, It even comes in a spray now.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

for minor scratches and rubber marks just use cheap toothpaste, colgate plain minty is pretty good!

Spyder Garage

First you need to determine if the marks are on top of the paint or within the paint. If on top first try a quality plastic cleaner like Plexus or good old auto detergent and water. Let it soak awhile and gently wash it off with a clean microfiber cloth. Repeat if necessary. If this doesn't work try a quality cleaning product such as Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover. That stuff works wonders. Just be gentle.

If the marks are within the paint (scratches) no cleaner will work but you can try to gently polish the marks out. Use a high quality scratch remover such as Nu Finish Scratch Doctor or 3M Scratch Remover. These are very, very fine liquid abrasives for the purpose of removing light scratches without damaging the finish. Put a little on a clean microfiber cloth and very gently rub the mark. Stop often and wipe off to see if there's any improvement. Expect to spend at least an hour at it. Since the abrasive is extremely fine it often takes a lot of time and patience to remove a scuff mark, but it's better to go slow with a very mild polish than to use a stronger more aggressive one. You don't want to make the the affected area look worse. Never use a strong abrasive such as rubbing compound. With a lot of patience and a gentle touch you should see a noticeable improvement.

Spyder Garage

magic eraser shoud do the job.