Spyder Garage

Default Bike is away for winter

Sad day today. Cleaned our Spyder, parked and covered it for the Michigan winter!!! Stabil in fuel, battery tender connected. I almost shead a tear as I left the garage!!!! We are looking forward to Lamonster's NBV pegs and Syderfest in April!!!!!! Can't wait to get back on the road!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A sad day for sure and that, my friend, is why I'm moving to Las Vegas.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

That is a bad deal but I agree, those NBV footpegs look really nice. I like the the ones I made better than any I have seen but I may have to get a set myself. Hope the down time isn`t to hard on you.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yeah mine is hiding in the garage too down here in the mountains of WV. I do take it for an occaisional run if the weather gets warm which happens at times. I run the trike at least once or twice a month and freshen the fuel if I take it out on the road. Never have used stabil in it or the yard tractor which gets the same treatment. It is supposed to get into the 50's today and I just might go for a ride. With just a warm scarf and heavy coat the heated hand grips work just fine for this old fart to stay warm enough, haven't even broke out the chaps yet! Two years ago we had a big ice storm and I had a blast running the trike in a big circle on the driveway apron. Yah know what you can override the nanny if you full throttle it on ice! He he what a blast that was! Bill

Spyder Garage

The winter sleep time for the bikes has also been hard for me. I usually do the polish and clean while they are down--so they look pretty when I ride them.

I come to SL to keep up on what is happening and to hear about others rides. I also read a couple of cycle magazines to which I subscribe--so that I am not out of the loop.

I have been good so far, and have stayed away from the catalogs and bling sites. I have not bought anything for either bike so far--and its looking like that will be the pattern this year.

I am going to get some new Firstgear next season--but am going to wait for Barb's annual sale at Alaska Leather (20% off usually) in late March or April.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

With my other toys in the garage I decided to store my RT with a local dealer so I could make room for my daughters car for the cold nights. I am so far regretting my decision as my daughter's car has only seen the garage twice in the last 3 weeks. Mid 50's forecast tomorrow, missing RT really bad.
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A miserable time of year for those of us who lack year-round Summertime!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

A sad day indeed . Put mine away about 3 weeks ago . Going to trailer it down to Erie Pennsylvania on Jan.16th for a 3 day top secret make over. Pics to follow. RTS Limited Fraser Edition !
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that the Wintertime projects are what keep most of us alive until Springtime gets here!
    We'll be needing some pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

Default Miramara Beach

Sorry to hear that your Spyders are away for the winter. I brought mine here to Florida for the winter. I just got back from a ride and the sun is shinning and 70 degrees out there. It will cool down here but can still get out for a spin.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay... That's officially called "Bragging"!
    Keep up the reports though in order for the rest of us to live vicariously through your ryding...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    A sad day indeed . Put mine away about 3 weeks ago . Going to trailer it down to Erie Pennsylvania on Jan.16th for a 3 day top secret make over. Pics to follow. RTS Limited Fraser Edition !
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by rhansen309 View Post
    Sad day today. Cleaned our Spyder, parked and covered it for the Michigan winter!!! Stabil in fuel, battery tender connected. I almost shead a tear as I left the garage!!!! We are looking forward to Lamonster's NBV pegs and Syderfest in April!!!!!! Can't wait to get back on the road!!!

I have been trying to put mine away for two weeks now. I wash it, stabil it but every nice day back out of the garage she comes. Yesterday, Holly and I went for a ride (35 when we started but 40 degree high) with our snowmobile gear on. I know people are going to be upset with us in full Arctic Cat gear riding a BRP but who cares. The colors did not go well together but we were warm. Today I am going out for my last ride I think.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I have been trying to put mine away for two weeks now. I wash it, stabil it but every nice day back out of the garage she comes. Yesterday, Holly and I went for a ride (35 when we started but 40 degree high) with our snowmobile gear on. I know people are going to be upset with us in full Arctic Cat gear riding a BRP but who cares. The colors did not go well together but we were warm. Today I am going out for my last ride I think.
    Gonna be in the mid 40's today and tomorrow , Don't put it away too soon.!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If it ain't snowing,Spyder still going! But it sure gets lonely,have not seen another bike all week.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=kman;398565]If it ain't snowing,Spyder still going!QUOTE]

I like that saying... So I'm gonna steal it and use it whenever possible!

Spyder Garage

I ride my Spyder or, Harley till they start putting salt on the roads. I don't want to run the risk of having salt dust get up in the electrical connections and, it is hard on the aluminum parts. Ride safe and long and stay warm.

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Sorry guys but, another great day here in Florida. Just came back from a 200 mile ride and the weather was nice and warm not to mention the Sunshine! Oh I almost forgot, Happy Hour!! Better go

Spyder Garage

I put mine away on black Friday. It was back Friday beacause I was in mourning.