Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New member

Spyder Garage

Hi hspyder and welcome to Spyderlovers.com. I must say I agree with whoever said "I could have had a V8". Even if you have to wait a little bit longer to get the right one.
    Especially if you plan on ryding two-up. There is a world of difference between the two.

SilverFox
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox1 View Post
    Hi hspyder and welcome to Spyderlovers.com. I must say I agree with whoever said "I could have had a V8". Even if you have to wait a little bit longer to get the right one.
    Especially if you plan on ryding two-up. There is a world of difference between the two.

SilverFox
    I like to wait and get what I want, agree with you! I can't afford to buy the RT now and won't wait for that time to come. My next door neighbor was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer at a age of 28! I'm going to get what I can afford at this time and will upgrade later if the good Lord allows me.
    Got a down payment on a 2009 Pending some details... Monday is the big day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    Welcome aboard. Plenty of knowledge here to make your decision with. Hope you can make a decision soon and get out and ride.
    Thanks! Funny that I was looking to trade my 1500 Nomad to help lower the numbers. I decided to keep my Kawa as well. What the heck! They are only offering $2400 on a trade. I'd never be able to find another one for that kind of price. I have a Suzuki M109R but the comfort of my Vulcan is no match.

Spyder Garage

Here it is guys...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hspyder View Post
    Hello, I'm new here and would like to say that I'm currently looking to surprise my wife with a spyder. I do not know anything about the Can-Am and I'm looking forward to learn from all of you.
    Right now I'm looking at a used one, have to include my beloved 1500 Vulcan Nomad on the deal so stealership will be my only option. Market is soft right now in my area for "by owner" sale.
    Thoughts are welcome! I'm looking at the most basic model for now.
    Thanks!
    H
    Welcome to our Spyderweb..... I'm anxious to see which you get your wife and how she likes her surprise. We have the sport model, SM5 and have been very happy with it. However I must admit, Dave ( Cyncyspyder ) checked with Teddy and he said it was okay for Dave to take me for a ride. Once I got on the back of the RT..... I have to admit, I had one of those " I could have had a V8 " moments ! I hope she likes her surprise......How could she not. !

Spyder Garage

Smart decision hspyder! I always say to my friends,,, "You know those nice dishes you have in your cupboards,,, use them now. Don't wait for a special occasion"
    Now they know why we got the Spyder.

PS. Sorry to hear about your neighbour.

SilverFox
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Spyder Garage

Default Nice

Here it is guys...
    Looks like fun to me!

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Deal is done! No trade, I'm keeping my Vulcan as well! Picking her up Friday
    It has highway pegs, taller windshield and the handlebar riser. Much nicer riding position.
    Spoke to the previous owner today and it sounded like a nice gentleman.
    Trike is register at Can-Am and all records are up to date.
    Dealer will wash but I do the final detail. I got to find a solution for the passenger back rest. The OEM is really expensive and for what I read here, it needs two parts. Price will be around $600.00... Too much IMHO.
    Thanks you all for all the tips and replies. Can't wait to show my other half!
    I'll post pictures Friday!

Spyder Garage

Deal gone sour guys... Still @ dealer dealing on a different model. Wife did not like the one I picked... She liked the RT
    Lamont was right...

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=27.908488,-82.730034

Spyder Garage

the rt is the best one ,like me i got the rs and now going to loose a lot of money geting a rt,you might find a good deal on a used rt.look at the ones on sale here on this sight.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I myself always thought the RT's were a little fugly, to me the 3/4 rear view of a RS is just downright MadMax cool and the chubby hindquarters on the RT kills that. Admittedly I do prefer the gauge cluster on the RT . I hope it works out either way I don't think you can go wrong!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It only gets better with miles and smiles.

Hawk Eye

Spyder Garage

I'm exhausted folks! Deal done! RT with sound package. The oTher good thing is, we got the same color as
    My other bike! I'll share some pictures tomorrow.
    She is happy and this is what is important to me!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=27.492433,-82.482508

Spyder Garage

I'm exhausted folks! Deal done! RT with sound package. The oTher good thing is, we got the same color as
    My other bike! I'll share some pictures tomorrow.
    She is happy and this is what is important to me!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=27.492433,-82.482508

Spyder Garage

Finally home!

Tomorrow we're going for a nice ride...

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=27.557252,-82.438034

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Awesome man, looks great in the garage and weather should be great for riding today! I might just sneak my wifes bike out for a few miles myself

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Biker Bob View Post
    Awesome man, looks great in the garage and weather should be great for riding today! I might just sneak my wifes bike out for a few miles myself
    Bob, she is not going? We're planning to take the trike and the 9 (kids are also included) thru the back roads of Parrish, Lakewood Ranch, Manatee Ave all way to the beach and grab a bite in St. Armands Circle. It is a very nice ride and she will have a good taste of how to handle the Spyder. I'll tell you man, riding back from Clearwater was a blast! Is your wife already riding?
    Give me a jingle on my cell 941.822.1100 if you want to join us.
    Take care!
    H

Spyder Garage

2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Default what to buy

Hello, I'm new here and would like to say that I'm currently looking to surprise my wife with a spyder. I do not know anything about the Can-Am and I'm looking forward to learn from all of you.
    Right now I'm looking at a used one, have to include my beloved 1500 Vulcan Nomad on the deal so stealership will be my only option. Market is soft right now in my area for "by owner" sale.
    Thoughts are welcome! I'm looking at the most basic model for now.
    Thanks!
    H
    In June I traded my much loved 07 Wing for an RT. The decision was gradual over a two year period of wondering if I could pick up the Wing and also what a small amount of sand in the road could do to me. After 35 motorcycles I have made the switch to something that has caused total obsession. Apart from the fact that I am mobbed everywhere I go, that people can't keep their hands off of my Spyder, that questions about it range from the bizarre to the ridiculous, that after 46 years of biking on just about anything with two wheels and having covered this continent from Mexico to Alaska, I can honestly say "Thank you Lord" for this contraption. I know that there are many machines out there worthy of accolades of durability, beauty, sound etc, but my Spyder with my questionable knees and desire to drive the safest motorcycle ever built keeps me pumped up. I watched a trike go over while manuvering at about 15 MPH and decided against triking my Wing. I have friends that have turned their attention away from biking due to their age or fear of an accident-pitiful. I don't want to do that. In conclusion, this ain't a car minus a tire or a motorcycle plus a tire. It is a whole new way of traveling.

I always seem to want to carry stuff so an RT was more suited for me. Good luck shopping.
    We all have an end to journey toward
    however
    what will matter most
    in the end
    was the journey

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Bob, she is not going? We're planning to take the trike and the 9 (kids are also included) thru the back roads of Parrish, Lakewood Ranch, Manatee Ave all way to the beach and grab a bite in St. Armands Circle. It is a very nice ride and she will have a good taste of how to handle the Spyder. I'll tell you man, riding back from Clearwater was a blast! Is your wife already riding?
    Give me a jingle on my cell 941.822.1100 if you want to join us.
    Take care!
    H
    Man I'd love to but i'm stuck in the office today! Thats a great ride though, we will definitely have to get together and take the girls out on their spyders soon. I told Nicole about our talk and how you got your wife one the next week and she thought that was awesome.

Spyder Garage

Folks, the wife love it! She is ready to travel long distances, she said... We are already planning another day tomorrow. She is very confident and the only problem we have now is the kids fighting to go on the Spyder...
    Pictures of the ride are uploading on photobucket... I'll post them as soon as they are ready.
    Best money ever spent! The Spyder is awesome! I still prefer to ride on my 9 Can't beat the power!

Spyder Garage

Folks, the wife love it! She is ready to travel long distances, she said... We are already planning another day tomorrow. She is very confident and the only problem we have now is the kids fighting to go on the Spyder...
    Pictures of the ride are uploading on photobucket... I'll post them as soon as they are ready.
    Best money ever spent! The Spyder is awesome! I still prefer to ride on my 9 Can't beat the power!
    The best choice there was for the wife. Now, post them pic's. Looking forward to seeing them.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Beautiful day riding... we had a blast! Here are some pix...

Spyder Garage

Congrats on wife getting her RT. Can already tell she's love'n it.

Now if a certain other person on the forum would get his sig other an Rt there would be two smiling women with pics.

PS....Happy Birthday to wife.

Spyder Garage

Default welcome

The Spyder is AWESOME!!!!!
    This site is SUPER AWESOME!!!!!!

The folks that I have meet on my Spyder, through this site, are SUPER AWESOME......

Pick out your Spyder, Take your time learning how to ride it, remember it is NOT a motorcycle, don't be afraid to ask question's..... These folks are great!!!!!