RT-S PE#0048
    Spyder Garage

Question Trouble starting my Spyder

I don't know if anyone else has/had this problem, but I can only start my bike in the neutral position. I took it to the dealer, and they said I wasn't stepping on the brake hard enough when it's in gear. I rode 120 miles yesterday and really pushed on the brake pedal while starting, and it still won't work. Start in neutral - works every time.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by annieleilani View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has/had this problem, but I can only start my bike in the neutral position. I took it to the dealer, and they said I wasn't stepping on the brake hard enough when it's in gear. I rode 120 miles yesterday and really pushed on the brake pedal while starting, and it still won't work. Start in neutral - works every time.
    Why would you want to start in gear, I have a Polaris ATV that starts in gear and when i lend it out i warn them it starts in gear make sure your not on the throttle or when you start it it will take off on you.

Spyder Garage

Could be a problem with the brake switch. Go back to your dealer and explain that it still doesn't work right. Stepping on the brake on a Spyder SE that has been parked in gear should allow it to start.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

RT-S PE#0048
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Could be a problem with the brake switch. Go back to your dealer and explain that it still doesn't work right. Stepping on the brake on a Spyder SE that has been parked in gear should allow it to start.
    Thank you so much for that information. I will be contacting the dealer.