Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default GA Spyder Helmets

I saw where a dude had a Spyderized helmet for sale. I know we are 1/10th organized, but I was thinking that we might be able to get one of the guys who does the Spyder Wraps or nice all wx decals to do at least an oval for most helmets with a different model Spyder based graphic for each side. I'm the world's most spastic artist, I can't even draw stick people - but I bet we have some talent or can find someone to do up a GeorgiaSpyderDriver concept. I think this would be a pretty effective identifier for our group.
    Whatdoyathink?

Tuck

Spyder Garage

Default Love the idea

I too have trouble drawing - even using a straight edge I have trouble drawing a line. I do have a friend who does wonderful art work. I would be happy to ask her to help us develop a logo.

I am thinking a peach with the stem being the windshield and the peach being a wheel. That is about as far as I have gotten in my mind. How about throwing out some ideas and I will see what she can come up with - I will even offer up a nice meal out for her family for doing the work - if she agrees....
    Blue 2011 RT-S: My Economic Contributions: Rt Hand Brake, RAM handle bar cup holder, Kewl Metal Gadget mount for phone/GPS, Midland CB, High Tech V2 Wireless intercom, GloRiders-Blue, BRP hitch, Bike-rack for travel duffel, Grip Puppies, Arrow mirror turn signals, RT HMT Rear light, Utopia Driver's seat back, Lamont's NBV Highway pegs, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Baker Air Wings
    Life is a matter of Prospective We create our own Prospective.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GASpyderLady View Post
    I too have trouble drawing - even using a straight edge I have trouble drawing a line. I do have a friend who does wonderful art work. I would be happy to ask her to help us develop a logo.
    Outstanding! Let us know if she is willing to help out.

Spyder Garage

Default logo for embroidery patch

I was working with my embroidery patterns and have an outline of the state with Georgia Spyder Rider(s) going across the state and extending beyond the borders (actually, "Rider" fits within thelower border. Each word is a separate line and "Spyder" is a larger size font. I would like the "o" in Georgia to be a peach, but my embroidery software does not allow that since I cannot find a small enough embroidery design pattern for the peach and I can not digitize the peach in. I was workng with a 4" x 4" hoop to keep the design small enough to make into a patch. Maybe someone else with more sophisticated embroidery softwear can make this idea, or any other for that matter, and make patches. If the pattern is digitezed into "vip" format, I would be willing to make them. I have a paper pattern of my concept,without the peach, if anyone wants to go for this idea.
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am 23" Ultra-touring windshield kit
    Can-Am fog lights
    Flash-2-Pass garage door opener
    Givi E460 top case with Admore LED kit
    Spring release on frunk
    Kewl Metal mirror extensions
    Spyder Lovers license plate frame
    Ultimate low rider seat with rider backrest and yellow contrast stitching
    Custom Dynamics Double Feature Lens Tail Light
    TricFenderz (Led lights) in amber/red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Your idea

Can you put it in a format the Forum will take? Be great to see what you have come up with. I surely don't have the answer, but appreciate folks like you that have the imagination and talent to do these things. Can it be made into an oval to cover more of each side of an average helmet? That might not be required, just part of my concept, as a matter of fact, it's all I have for a concept!!

Thanks

Tuck

Spyder Garage

Default my idea

Quote Originally Posted by TuckMiddle View Post
    Can you put it in a format the Forum will take? Be great to see what you have come up with. I surely don't have the answer, but appreciate folks like you that have the imagination and talent to do these things. Can it be made into an oval to cover more of each side of an average helmet? That might not be required, just part of my concept, as a matter of fact, it's all I have for a concept!!

Thanks

Tuck
    Yes we will do it...the "o" is missing in Georgia as that is where I want the peach...Actually, Keith will do it for me.

GAspyderriders.jpg

Melanie
    Last edited by sewnonnie; 10-26-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am 23" Ultra-touring windshield kit
    Can-Am fog lights
    Flash-2-Pass garage door opener
    Givi E460 top case with Admore LED kit
    Spring release on frunk
    Kewl Metal mirror extensions
    Spyder Lovers license plate frame
    Ultimate low rider seat with rider backrest and yellow contrast stitching
    Custom Dynamics Double Feature Lens Tail Light
    TricFenderz (Led lights) in amber/red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up GA Rider decal/patch, etc

Looks super. I have no idea where this idea will end up, but we sure have a good start.
    Thanks for doing this.
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

Default Site Looks Great

Now will there be any weekend rides set up on this new site? Tuck, the helmet idea sounds great. Let's see where it goes.

Spyder Garage

Default Helmet and also rides

Frank,
    We'll see what happens on the helmet idea, I do think it has almost unlimited possibilities and will fit with decals, etc. Changing gears, take a look at the next thread that references the ride in Canton on Sunday Nov 13th - think that's correct. It would be a great time to have a bunch of Spyders show up and a super cause too.
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

Default Area ride is Sat Nov 12

Quote Originally Posted by TuckMiddle View Post
    Frank,
    We'll see what happens on the helmet idea, I do think it has almost unlimited possibilities and will fit with decals, etc. Changing gears, take a look at the next thread that references the ride in Canton on Sunday Nov 13th - think that's correct. It would be a great time to have a bunch of Spyders show up and a super cause too.
    Tuck
    The ride I posted is Sat Nov 12 - details on another Georgia thread.

I spoke to my artist friend tonight - she is honored to be asked to help create a logo for the Georgia Spyder Riders. I would like to confer with sewnonnie owner of Miss Daisy. We need ideas from others to give to the artist. If you have any thoughts please post or pm them. Since she is doing this gratis - I would not expect her to develop dozens of options.

I expect that we want Ga referances such as peaches, the state, and the Spyder images. This is the time for you opinions to be given - if you do not speak up please do not complain if you do not like what is designed.

I would like to see the logo design incorporated with the helmet stuff suggested. I would like the helmit ssticker to have some reflective imags
    Last edited by GASpyderLady; 10-27-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: can't correct the last line for some reason
    Blue 2011 RT-S: My Economic Contributions: Rt Hand Brake, RAM handle bar cup holder, Kewl Metal Gadget mount for phone/GPS, Midland CB, High Tech V2 Wireless intercom, GloRiders-Blue, BRP hitch, Bike-rack for travel duffel, Grip Puppies, Arrow mirror turn signals, RT HMT Rear light, Utopia Driver's seat back, Lamont's NBV Highway pegs, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Baker Air Wings
    Life is a matter of Prospective We create our own Prospective.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Some Logo/patch thoughts I have been playing with. Just to get the ball rolling...

GA Spyder Riders sm.jpg

GeorgiaSpyderRiders sm.jpg

GAspyderriders.jpg

Click for a slightly larger pic. I have much larger on my PC if anyone is interested.

Does this mean I hafta get a black leather vest?

Next, I'll hafta grow a beard and pony tail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 10-28-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Spyder Garage

I like the oval with peach a lot. 2nd choice would be the state outline.
    Great ideas/mockups folks.

Spyder Garage

Default ideas

Yes, the oval is exactly what I had in mind. with the peach and Spyder images, it's very nice. If one version were big enough to kinda fill the side(s) of an average helmet, I think it'd be great. If the perimeter of the decal had a reflective "capability" that'd be nice too.
    You talented folks keep pumping them out, some of us are very challenged in this (and several other) area(s.)
    Tuck

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default the Carolina Patch process

For those interested, I found the Carolina Spyder Riders "Patch development process."

Spyder Garage

Do you think it would be possible to use the Spyder logo font (with the orange Y). I wonder if we can get permission from BRP? I wouldn't think they would mind. After all, we are basically advertising their product for free. Maybe Lamonster could get us a contact?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We went on a ryde over the BRP (Blue Ridge Parkway) with a BRP rep. I will email her and see if she can point us in the direction.
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 11-02-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Joan,

Do we have enough for your friend to 'run' with? If so, I leave this in you hands. Note, I am waiting to hear from BRP about using their logotype (with red/orange Y) and will let you know as soon as I hear from them.

Spyder Garage

I like the first oval design, without the Spyder images. If they had the images, I'd want a black RT & yellow RS. I know everyone else would want their favorite colors too, so it may be better & easier to go without the images altogether.

I would also like a two color option. One with a white background & one with a black background.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Do you think it would be possible to use the Spyder logo font (with the orange Y). I wonder if we can get permission from BRP? I wouldn't think they would mind. After all, we are basically advertising their product for free. Maybe Lamonster could get us a contact?
    Something like this?

GSRwSPYDERLogo.jpg

I have approached BRP, requesting permission (with GSR (Georgia Spyder Riders)) approval to use the SPYDER logo and font. Will keep you posted.

Spyder Garage

That looks good, we could also do it like the other one where the Spyder is in the middle and Georgia is on top, as an option.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    That looks good, we could also do it like the other one where the Spyder is in the middle and Georgia is on top, as an option.
    I thought about that but discarded it. IMHO, would like to keep the emphasis on GEORGIA (in largest letters) for our purposes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    Something like this?

GSRwSPYDERLogo.jpg

I have approached BRP, requesting permission (with GSR (Georgia Spyder Riders)) approval to use the SPYDER logo and font. Will keep you posted.
    I like this one even better. I see a T-shirt in my near future!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Can you do one with the black border of the patch and change that to the same orange as the Y? Just want to see what it will look like.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Like this? Sorta...
    GSRwSpyderLogo orange.JPG

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    I thought about that but discarded it. IMHO, would like to keep the emphasis on GEORGIA (in largest letters) for our purposes.
    But open to desires of the group. I think another poll may necessary.
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 11-05-2011 at 09:12 AM.