Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Saturday morning at the Roscoe Diner

Well we all started congregating at the Roscoe Diner at 9:30am for some hot coffee and some belly-wadding... It was a cool 46 degrees outside and a bit cloudy, but 7 intrepid Spyders (and one pitiful Jeep) met up for a tour of some of the flooded portions of Ulster and Delaware Counties in New York.
    The conversation around the tables was an awful lot of fun as some of us were actually meeting for the first time in person... New friendships were formed and others were confirmed as we stared across the tables thinking things like, "So THAT'S what they look like!"
    At 11:00am the rolling party emptied into the lot and saddled up for a couple of hours of touring...
    I forgot a bunch of names and didn't want to insult anybody by not mentioning them...
    So chime in if you see yourself!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We probably could have talked for hours, but with a ride dangling in front of them, it didn't take much coaxing to get these guys on their bikes!
    Oh Can you geuess which one is mine? (Hint: it's green...)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Getting ready to hit the highway!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One last picture... probably the most important one of all...
    Randy, Now you can't tell anybody else that your signature picture is Holly... Don't believe him folks!

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Getting ready to hit the highway!
    It's a shame i couldn't make it, Would really looked good with a Tri Glide in the mix.
    Maybe next time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your Tri-Glide and my Jeep; the oddballs of the Squadron!

Spyder Garage

you sure look like your having fun its cold here most days too in kansas,but its sat.and going to 70 today so im off to some fun riding,grate to see some of us hiting the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default No gawking tour

Just got back 15 minutes ago, had a great time with everyone. Hope to do it again, but it's getting cold so a must in the spring. Will see a few of you tomorrow at Arctic Adventures.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sunday morning... We'll be there early so that Kathy (Yup; that's her name!) can watch her football games in the afternoon!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No Gawking

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Just got back 15 minutes ago, had a great time with everyone. Hope to do it again, but it's getting cold so a must in the spring. Will see a few of you tomorrow at Arctic Adventures.
    Home Safe and Sound. Thanks guys--nice ride. Was no gawking,but a lot of donating! Also got some great ideas on mods for my RS !! Good Stuff

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post

Got back around 3:30 also. Round trip was just shy of 300mi. Had a great time meeting everyone.
    On the way to Roscoe to meet the others, Randy took me thru a mud pit and slung mud all over my spottless spyder. Put a fender on that thing will ya. One section of the road was covered with clumps of mud, which some of is now plastered to our spyders.

You would think 7 spyders would get alot of attention and comments...but noooo Hollys helmet stole the show today. I had the pleasuse of following them most of the day, and the amount of poeple pointing to her helmet and shouting "I like your helmet" was crazy.

Had a great time meeting everyone, what a great bunch of people. Look forward to ryding with all of you again, even Randy Till next time on and ryde safe and no gawking
    Last edited by mowin; 10-22-2011 at 05:26 PM.

arntufun

Just got home. We did a longer ride than we expected to do. We are chilled to the bone. I will post pics soon. Thank you Ron for putting this ride together and my now good friends we rode with today.

Spyder Garage

Knew Holly was along from the first picture of her helmet, hanging on Arntufun's yellow RS...

More Sci Fi & Fantasy Artwork by me: http://www.CynthiaRadthorne.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Radguy View Post
    Knew Holly was along from the first picture of her helmet, hanging on Arntufun's yellow RS...
    Yes it is creative, but i still think it would look better on Randy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Just got home. We did a longer ride than we expected to do. We are chilled to the bone. I will post pics soon. Thank you Ron for putting this ride together and my now good friends we rode with today.
    I bet you were chilled...I had windproof insulated ryding pants, not just jeans like you two, and I was COLD..

Was great meeting you and Holly. Look forward to ryding with you guys again.
    BTW I was planning on washing the bike when I got home, but the warmth of the house was too strong....

arntufun

Rob you really should wash your Spyder !!! Here some pics. Awesome to meet you Bob even though you forgot to bring a Spyder with you.
    Last edited by arntufun; 10-22-2011 at 06:12 PM.

arntufun

Anyone hear from Wyliec ??? He should be getting home soon.

Spyder Garage

Rob you really should wash your Spyder !!! Here some pics. Awesome to meet you Bob even though you forgot to bring a Spyder with you.
    Mud slinger!!!!

Spyder Garage

Anyone hear from Wyliec ??? He should be getting home soon.
    That was fun, but cold. We made it home by around 6:00 PM.

Next Spring let's pick a warm, sunny day for out first tour of the season for the "gawkers".

I just want to mention I did find someone gawking (no names) and I had to step in and stop it.

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Another fun ryde in the books!!

We got back home at 3:25 PM and went 301.8 miles today. We had to take off down the road again as soon as we got home, to make the turkey supper (in the cage this time though) in Marathon. Boy was it good........I overate again as usual, went back for seconds and had trouble finishing everything. But got 'er done!!

We met a lot of really nice people and some of them even brought very clean Spyders........some not so much!!

We rode into some of the flooded areas that Irene had left. It was pretty bad and many people lost alot including their homes. We left some contributions with a girl in the middle of the road with a bucket collecting for the many needs that we saw there. Some of us also left some contributions with another girl that was collecting money for kids for Christmas. There were a group of 2 wheelers there that were on a toy run for the kids of the area, 1 group was a chapter of The Patriot Guard. They were a real friendly group, also doing what they could to help out.

We tried not to "GAWK" too much but it was pretty hard not to. It is too bad that these people had to endure this storm.

Mowin I just have to ask after seeing this picture, were you getting ready to start cleaning your Spyder after Randy messed it all up for you?

mowin.jpg

Glad we went on this ryde and had a great time meeting all new people!! Of course we had met Randy and Holly on other rydes, when their was immaculate!! Hope to get to see all of you guys again next year and Bob don't worry......I'm sure you will probably have yours back by then!! Sorry you couldn't ryde with us today!

Will try to post some pictures later!
    Last edited by Spyderjockey; 10-22-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydrjockey View Post
    We got back home at 3:25 PM and went 301.8 miles today. We had to take off down the road again as soon as we got home, to make the turkey supper (in the cage this time though) in Marathon. Boy was it good........I overate again as usual, went back for seconds and had trouble finishing everything. But got 'er done!!

We met a lot of really nice people and some of them even brought very clean Spyders........some not so much!!

We rode into some of the flooded areas that Irene had left. It was pretty bad and many people lost alot including their homes. We left some contributions with a girl in the middle of the road with a bucket collecting for the many needs that we saw there. Some of us also left some contributions with another girl that was collecting money for kids for Christmas. There were a group of 2 wheelers there that were on a toy run for the kids of the area, 1 group was a chapter of The Patriot Guard. They were a real friendly group, also doing what they could to help out.

We tried not to "GAWK" too much but it was pretty hard not to. It is too bad that these people had to endure this storm.

Mowin I just have to ask after seeing this picture, were you getting ready to start cleaning your Spyder after Randy messed it all up for you?

mowin.jpg

Glad we went on this ryde and had a great time meeting all new people!! Of course we had met Randy and Holly on other rydes, when their was immaculate!! Hope to get to see all of you guys again next year and Bob don't worry......I'm sure you will probably have yours back by then!! Sorry you couldn't ryde with us today!

Will try to post some pictures later!
    My wife said the same thing..but I dont think I could drink enough to even think about cleaning some of that mud off.
    Also why does everyone snap a pic when it looks like your doing something wrong??? No one noticed the shirt thou!!

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Pics. from today's ryde.

Sorry but they are in reverse order again, guess I have to start the download in reverse order then maybe they will be in the right order.

Any way here is the link to the pics: http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/s...ey/Flood ryde/
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    That was fun, but cold. We made it home by around 6:00 PM.

Next Spring let's pick a warm, sunny day for out first tour of the season for the "gawkers".

I just want to mention I did find someone gawking (no names) and I had to step in and stop it.
    Sorry..Wont happen again

Spyder Garage

Default irksome

it sounds like i irked some people, maybe i just took it wrong, i'm glad you all had fun and stayed safe. RYDE ON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,coz
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydrjockey View Post
    Sorry but they are in reverse order again, guess I have to start the download in reverse order then maybe they will be in the right order.

Any way here is the link to the pics: http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/s...ey/Flood ryde/
    If u look close at that pic of Bob, I think I see a tear. Looks like a lost puppy. Bob, Hope your spyder gets fixed so we can ryde together soon.