Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default How do you clean your phantom panels?

OK fellow Spyderlovers,

I recently sent HELLON3 to the clinic for a few cosmetic procedures. WHAT a difference!

4834.jpg
    HELLON3s new look.jpg

I am looking for a good cleaner that will clean road grime, bugs and the like from the flat black panels without making them shiny.

What do you use?
    A friend recommended a "Harvey Danielson" product they sell for their denim (matte) finishes, Anyone ever use that?
    Another friend said that he uses Windex!

THANKS
    2014 RT Limited , Black Current (blacked out trim)

Spyder Garage

Windex Multi-Surface with Vinegar. Never use regular Windex with ammonia. The Turtle Wax Ice products also do a good job, but the polishes or detailer will deepen the color and luster a bit.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

The ammonia in windex may lead to aging of the plastic. I use a product called black again for serious cleaning once or twice a season. It goes on shiny but dulls out nicely over night. For general wipe downs I use Pledge sprayed onto a shop towel. Also use the pledge on the shiny parts.
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by qasamm View Post
    The ammonia in windex may lead to aging of the plastic. I use a product called black again for serious cleaning once or twice a season. It goes on shiny but dulls out nicely over night. For general wipe downs I use Pledge sprayed onto a shop towel. Also use the pledge on the shiny parts.
    That's why I said never to use regular Windex. The Windex Multi-Surface utilizes vinegar, instead, and has not crazed any of my plastic in many years of repeated and frequent use.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

The alcohol in Windex has also been known to age plastics and paint, albeit slowly after prolonged use over a long period of time. It's ok for occasional use (I still use it) but the safest cleaner product I know of for plastics is Plexus.