Spyder Garage

Default Install amplifer and speakers

Well I finally did it. I went to Best Buy and the audio installation technician, and I, shows a mini amplifier that would fit on the back face of the right hand side Saddleback. I installed the Polk DXi 5 1/4 fronts and 4 inch rear speakers. Best Buy gave me a flat rate installation price of $180. I'm sure they really regretted this after the job was done. The first day I was there he worked on my trike from four o'clock in the afternoon to one o'clock in the morning. Some of you may know that the store closes at nine o'clock in the evening. The general manager wasn't too happy with the long hours. When I left at one o'clock in the morning the unit was completely installed, tested, and didn't work. I have to come back to try and make the unit work. After four hours of trying to get it to work the technician finally figured out the solution. The solution is a module, made specifically for Best Buy and is part number ISVE 61 premium sound line output converter. As soon as he attached that module the sound was fantastic. His butting up of all the wires took another hour. When done with the installation you would swear it was factory. I had him put quick disconnects where the amplifier attached to the radio and speakers. Anyone trying this installation themselves has got to have the proper testing equipment and quite a bit of audio experience. The harness on the factory installation looks like it has 15 to 20 wires going to the radio I watched as he painstakingly tested every wire to see what function it had.
    I watched as he tested all the wires and and I got cross eyed. I can now buzz down the road at 70 and 80 miles an hour in a three-quarter helmet and hear every word being spoken and music being played. I have many pictures of the installation and will post them if anybody wishes to see them after I figure out how to get the pictures from my flash drive onto a thread. Was it worth it? Probably so. The amplifier cost $150 from www.onlinecarstereo.com. The speakers were bought at, Best Buy for the rears, and Crutchfield for the front. The whole installation costs me a little over $600. I understand, from other guys that ride bikes, that that's not such a bad deal.

Spyder Garage

Default pictures

how 'bout some pictures????

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RADIO

FM radio MP3, IPOD etc capability. 250 watts peak, 35 watts rms front speakers, 65 watts rms sub-woofer, front speakers will play under-water, rear is only waterresistant, install using provided instructions 55 minutes .......Price ..$121....delivered. seperate bass and treble controls, wired remote about the size of a matchbox. I'm slightly hearing impaired (work injury) if I play at full volume it hurts my ears, so I only keepit at 21 at 70 mph it goes as high as 30.

Spyder Garage

Sounds Great But, Doesn,t the sound of the Spyder (Sewing Machine) and the prevailing winds detract from the sound of the Music coming out of the speakers as I take it you don,t wear anything in your ears?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

July 21, 2021

I agree that the Spyder motor and the wind noise does create a bit of a problem, but we can't do much about that. Was that bike aerodynamically designed or not ? LOL Now if BRP could install a Goldwing engine, that would be perfect. Yeah right. LOL. I had Goldwing Trike and it was great. I sold it last year because there was a squeaking when I was going slow and I got frustrated that no one could eliminate it.100_3502.jpg
    Last edited by Motogordo; 07-21-2021 at 09:32 AM. Reason: added photo

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lionking View Post
    Well I finally did it. I went to Best Buy and the audio installation technician, and I, shows a mini amplifier that would fit on the back face of the right hand side Saddleback. I installed the Polk DXi 5 1/4 fronts and 4 inch rear speakers. Best Buy gave me a flat rate installation price of $180. I'm sure they really regretted this after the job was done. The first day I was there he worked on my trike from four o'clock in the afternoon to one o'clock in the morning. Some of you may know that the store closes at nine o'clock in the evening. The general manager wasn't too happy with the long hours. When I left at one o'clock in the morning the unit was completely installed, tested, and didn't work. I have to come back to try and make the unit work. After four hours of trying to get it to work the technician finally figured out the solution. The solution is a module, made specifically for Best Buy and is part number ISVE 61 premium sound line output converter. As soon as he attached that module the sound was fantastic. His butting up of all the wires took another hour. When done with the installation you would swear it was factory. I had him put quick disconnects where the amplifier attached to the radio and speakers. Anyone trying this installation themselves has got to have the proper testing equipment and quite a bit of audio experience. The harness on the factory installation looks like it has 15 to 20 wires going to the radio I watched as he painstakingly tested every wire to see what function it had.
    I watched as he tested all the wires and and I got cross eyed. I can now buzz down the road at 70 and 80 miles an hour in a three-quarter helmet and hear every word being spoken and music being played. I have many pictures of the installation and will post them if anybody wishes to see them after I figure out how to get the pictures from my flash drive onto a thread. Was it worth it? Probably so. The amplifier cost $150 from www.onlinecarstereo.com. The speakers were bought at, Best Buy for the rears, and Crutchfield for the front. The whole installation costs me a little over $600. I understand, from other guys that ride bikes, that that's not such a bad deal.
    I had no idea that best buy would install stuff on a spyder!