Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Ride into flood devestated Central New York

On Oct 22 or 23 (will choose better weather day) Arntufun, Wyliec and I will be meeting at the Roscoe diner in Roscoe NY. on rt.17 at 10.30 to ride into some off the worst flood damaged areas cause by hurricane Irene. We will ride through Prattsville, NY on rt. 23 Which was about washed away. Not everything is set in stone just yet, so watch this post for any updates. If anyone would like to join us, let us know. Routing will be 206-30-23 and those departing to the north can take off at 145 to Cobbleskill.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Smile Sounds like fun!!

Thanks for the invite. We certainly will be interested in going.......maybe I can talk Don(Spyderman990) into coming along also. Keep us posted on how things develop.
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Perhaps you guys can meet up with Wyliec, as he will be coming down from Syracuse.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

arntufun

Saturday most likely is the better day for us. I hope that works for you guys as well.

I will send Mosslips a PM And see if she and her Husband will join us, but she has not logged on in a few weeks.
    Last edited by arntufun; 10-16-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

At this point both days look good weatherwise, and I would prefer sat as well.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

+I'm on call Wednesday through Tuesday and need to stay nearby... 8^(

Enjoy the ride... RK

Spyder Garage

I just found out from my wife that we have plans already made for Sat. around 5 PM (a turkey supper in Marathon), so if you guys decide to go Sat. it looks like we won't be able to go. If things change and you decide to go Sun. we would love to go. Keep us posted either way.
    Jim
    Power Outlet
    Cortech tank bag
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Spydrjockey View Post
    I just found out from my wife that we have plans already made for Sat. around 5 PM (a turkey supper in Marathon), so if you guys decide to go Sat. it looks like we won't be able to go. If things change and you decide to go Sun. we would love to go. Keep us posted either way.
    Jim

You will be back to Marathon in plenty of time !!! Don't leave us hangin. Thats not to far from where we will be. Did you get ahold of Don yet to see if he wants to go ???
    Last edited by arntufun; 10-17-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Spyder Garage

I just googled the route and it is 80 miles and I road most of this (30 and 23) last weekend and there is one small detour on 23, so riding time is about 2 hours. So with some photo-ops and lunch figure 4 hours, that will finish us up at 2:30 at rt. 23 and rt.145
    Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ron,
    Another vote here for Saturday?
    I want to get over to Arctic Adventures on Sunday for their open house...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

arntufun

Are we eating at Roscos diner before we leave for the ride ?

Spyder Garage

Bob what are you riding, thought you ride was out of commission. I'm going to AA as well.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Arntu,
    Nobody leaves the Roscoe Diner without eating first!
    Ron,
    Jeepin' it...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Are we eating at Roscos diner before we leave for the ride ?
    I wiill be and if anyone would like to join me. My wife and I will be there at 10 maybe a little before.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Trying to think of you guys that have to ride in 2-2.5 hours to get to the diner. Bob is the closest with a half hour ride.
    Happy Spyder Owner

arntufun

Did anyone try to get ahold of cheeseburger and his wife from Hudson Valley ???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Uhhhh... that's a half-hour DRIVE for me...
    I think that Roger P. knows them real well and would keep them "In the Loop"...

Spyder Garage

This past Saturday the gf and I drove from Amsterdam Rt. 30 to 28; had to use the car b/c we were going to Kingston and then to Boston.

There was one section that was closed except for local traffic; we were locals on Saturday and went through. Whatever the rivers name, it still looked high in areas and it was definitely brown and a bit of heavy equipment at work.

Bob was right. It is a scenic route with sweepers.

One slight problem ocurred on Saturday that we didn't realize until Sunday. Saturday we took a detour to the Cobbleskill McDonald's. My gf went in while I watched our dog in the car. When she came out she mentioned there were a bunch of rude teenagers bumping into people. We didn't make much of it other than they were rude. On Sunday we left Kingston and stopped at a service area so the gf could get coffee. She went inside and came out empty handed. I asked what was wrong and she said her wallet was missing. After checking the car over and then my gf telling me that the teenagers had crowded around her the day before at the Cobbleskill McDonald's and had bumped her, I realized it was a bump and grab. So, my gf lost a wallet with license and $400. Okay that's it for my tale of woe.

Oh yeah, I'd prefer Saturday also. If it is Saturday, I'll probably go to and stay at my daughter's on Friday.

Spyder Garage

Default Plan on us then!!

You will be back to Marathon in plenty of time !!! Don't leave us hangin. Thats not to far from where we will be. Did you get ahold of Don yet to see if he wants to go ???
    Ya plan on us for Sat. will get a hold of Don and see if he wants to go.....he is supposed to go to the dinner in Marathon with us that night. Will try now to call him and let you know what he says>

Jim
    Power Outlet
    Cortech tank bag
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Did anyone try to get ahold of cheeseburger and his wife from Hudson Valley ???
    I posted on hudson valley spyder riders, facebook yesterday. Cheeseburger is recuperating from a work injury to his back.

[Q
    Oh yeah, I'd prefer Saturday also. If it is Saturday, I'll probably go to and stay at my daughter's on Friday.[/QUOTE] Does this mean you will be in Kingston Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Spydrjockey View Post
    Ya plan on us for Sat. will get a hold of Don and see if he wants to go.....he is supposed to go to the dinner in Marathon with us that night. Will try now to call him and let you know what he says>

Jim
    Good
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    I posted on hudson valley spyder riders, facebook yesterday. Cheeseburger is recuperating from a work injury to his back.

[Q
    Oh yeah, I'd prefer Saturday also. If it is Saturday, I'll probably go to and stay at my daughter's on Friday.
    Does this mean you will be in Kingston Friday night.

Good[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'll be in Kingston Friday night.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    This past Saturday the gf and I drove from Amsterdam Rt. 30 to 28; had to use the car b/c we were going to Kingston and then to Boston.

There was one section that was closed except for local traffic; we were locals on Saturday and went through. Whatever the rivers name, it still looked high in areas and it was definitely brown and a bit of heavy equipment at work.

Bob was right. It is a scenic route with sweepers.

One slight problem ocurred on Saturday that we didn't realize until Sunday. Saturday we took a detour to the Cobbleskill McDonald's. My gf went in while I watched our dog in the car. When she came out she mentioned there were a bunch of rude teenagers bumping into people. We didn't make much of it other than they were rude. On Sunday we left Kingston and stopped at a service area so the gf could get coffee. She went inside and came out empty handed. I asked what was wrong and she said her wallet was missing. After checking the car over and then my gf telling me that the teenagers had crowded around her the day before at the Cobbleskill McDonald's and had bumped her, I realized it was a bump and grab. So, my gf lost a wallet with license and $400. Okay that's it for my tale of woe.

I'm sorry those college punks in Cobelskill got ya. I was born there and that town was never like that when I was young. It was a great small town when I was young, but the College came in and it went to hell. We will see you Saturday. Holly observed that it does not sound like your girlfriend will be joining us by your last sentence. Is that true ???

Spyder Garage

Default why are you going there

why are you going there? is it devastated countryside or towns and cities?
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Google Prattsville NY. hurricane Irene, there are several videos.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Towns got hit hard... The cities are safely tucked away in other regions...
    A "City" up here is a Town that's got payphones out on the street...Towns just have gossips behind every fence...