Spyder Garage

Default Take Advantage of the Weather!

This last week+ has seen incredibly good Fall weather in Lower Michigan. We have been taking advantage of it about every other day. Last Thursday we headed to Saugatuck, MI, to tour the SS Keewatin, which is now a museum. The SS Keewatin was built five years before the Titanic, and shares the same staircase woodwork as the Titanic. It did its sea trials alongside the Lusitania. It was the last wood superstructure passenger steamship to operate on the Great Lakes. It is a real piece of history, and was an interesting tour. Unfortunately for Saugatuck, it has been sold, and will be returned to its home port in Canada to be restored and continue as a museum. After 45 years, it will be a shame to see it go.

-Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I have been taking your advice. Weekend was beautiful and in the 50's. The next three days will be sunny and the same.

Started out in 33 degrees this morning on the way into Anchorage--but coming home was 41 and sunny. Just like an early spring day. Took an extra ride today so put another 100 miles on.

Update: It's 16 above this moring but will be sunny-so Im ryding.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-11-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Saugatuck ROCKS!
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

]Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

I TOO HAVE BEEN RIDING IN THIS WONDERFUL WEATHER...I WENT THROUGH SAUGATUCK YESTERDAY AND THEN ONTO FENNVILLE AND HOLLAND...WHAT A GREAT DAY TO RIDE...TODAY I WILL BE TAKING OFF FOR PLACES UNKNOWN...MAYBE TO LUNKERS...IN EDWARDSBURG...THE COLOR ALL AROUND IS GREAT...YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY AND ENJOY WHILE YOU CAN......LOVE MY SPYDER....

Spyder Garage

Well, winter's already here- we've had one semi-sunny day in the last two weeks… did manage to warm Spydee up, but essentially, she's in the garage for the duration.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

The wife and I took a nice little ride through the Iowa, South Dakota, and Nebraska countryside this last weekend. Stopped several times along the Missouri River which seperates these three states in my area. There was a lot of flood damage to homes and crop land this last summer, because of the large amounts of rain and snow melt in Montana, so the dams along the river were full to capacity.
    We saw a lot of farmers out this weekend, getting the crops in, with a lot of machinery on the roads.
    We rode about 140 miles, and when we were approx. 15 miles from home, lost the last bar on the fuel gauage. When I fueled up, it took 5.5 gal. Next time we ride, she told me to fuel up before we leave.
    Here's a few pics.
    ride one.jpg
    ride 2.jpgride 3.jpg

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tomorrow morning when I leave to meet my buds for breakfast, I look forward to a low of 70, however it will warm up to 90 or so in the afternoon. This riding 365/12/7 just wears an old man out and the scoots too.....

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Spyder is in for service but I'm picking it up tomorrow and we are leaving on a big trip on Thursday morning details to follow. I saw the weather tonight and there is a chance for that white stuff next week. Yuck!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default That's just not right!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    Tomorrow morning when I leave to meet my buds for breakfast, I look forward to a low of 70, however it will warm up to 90 or so in the afternoon. This riding 365/12/7 just wears an old man out and the scoots too.....

But it IS fun for you....
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    My Spyder is in for service but I'm picking it up tomorrow and we are leaving on a big trip on Thursday morning details to follow. I saw the weather tonight and there is a chance for that white stuff next week. Yuck!
    Reality is a bear! If it snows a week from tomorrow, it will be the second time it has snowed on my daughter's birthday. Got about 10" when she was four. She' be 26 next week. Trick or Treat!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPa View Post
    But it IS fun for you....
    Frank, I won't mention we had 58 days over 100....

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.