Thread: Motorcycle Maps

Spyder Garage

Default Motorcycle Maps

During our recent trip to Yellowstone, we found FREE maps highlighting the best motorcycle routes for the states of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming (separate paper maps, like we find in a gas station). Anyone seen these for other states??
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default Riding maps

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    During our recent trip to Yellowstone, we found FREE maps highlighting the best motorcycle routes for the states of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming (separate paper maps, like we find in a gas station). Anyone seen these for other states??
    Online, try:
    http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/

http://www.cyclefish.com/browse_events.php
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought a similar Map in Knoxville for the Smokie Mountains including Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina & Tennessee. I recieved a free one at Americade for New York. They are put out by Mad Maps see
    www.madmaps.com Even if you purchase them, they're worth thier weight in gold. Laminated waterproof and turn by turn directions. About 30 or more scenic routes in both of the ones I got.

Spyder Garage

Connecticut issues a similar map highlighting roads for mtocycles.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Star Cruiser View Post
    I bought a similar Map in Knoxville for the Smokie Mountains including Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina & Tennessee. I recieved a free one at Americade for New York. They are put out by Mad Maps see
    www.madmaps.com Even if you purchase them, they're worth thier weight in gold. Laminated waterproof and turn by turn directions. About 30 or more scenic routes in both of the ones I got.
    And, you can also load 'Mad Maps' into you Garmin. SWMBO has the hard copy in the pouch on the back of my Utopia (just in case) and I have Karen telling me where to go.

Spyder Garage

Good question, great answers!, now I have lots of reading to do

Spyder Garage

I've seen the Mad Maps, and they are terrific, but different. The ones I found are regular folded paper maps - one is from drivethetop10.com (top 10 scenic drives in the Northern Rockies), the the Idaho/OR/WA maps don't have a publisher listed - just "The Best Motorcycle Riding in the Northwest"
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb A Spyderlovers map ? ? ?

It'd be cool if Spyderlovers could come up with an on-line map . . . . . .
    I'm thinking most of us know of awesome rides that will never show up on the published maps.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

the "The Best Motorcycle Riding in the Northwest"
    Vaughn was given a couple of motorcycle ryde maps for his birthday; the book mentioned above, and another from Oregon DOT (Oregon 2010-2011 Motorcycle Map, dated 8/2010). It's distributed for FREE thru ODOT's Geographic Info Services Unit in Salem (503)986-3154.

We scoped out a few of them while on vacation last month . . . and a lot more to go.

Spyder Garage

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Being an avid iPhone guy (I use my iPhone for tunes and GPS, mounted on the bars), my first thought was to wonder if they had an app. So I went to the website. Lo and behold not one, but TWO apps. One for 0.99 and a full version, HD branded, but more comprehensive for 4.99. I went with the 4.99 version. Worth it if I find one great ride somewhere that I may not have found without it! Thanks for the tip. I've been looking for something that would work on the iPhone!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

oregonmotorcyclist.com is a bit dated, however, it does offer some insight as to what to expect along the way with points of interest. I am not sure if the site is still being maintained, but it is a great concept and will work for travellers through the state.

We also have a copy of the Oregon Motorcyclist Map provided by the DMV, been looking for more of them, but alas, I have not found any. Maybe one of these days I will call and see about ordering some.
    ITZY, Black 2011 RT-S SE5

For those that like this type of book, this is the type of book they will like. Abraham Lincoln

Spyder Garage

Default Here are some links

These are internet sites.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/index.html

http://www.openroadjourney.com/

http://connect.garmin.com/help/zumo

The last one is for those with a Zumo.

I've got a few more, but they are specific to New England, where I live

I hope this is helpful
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I am new to Spyder, but I love doing scenic trips, and I think Spyder is definitely the next thing that I want to try! For the maps that would take you to the beautiful spots that you might not find easily, I would recommend MadMaps too. I used them for my RV trips, and I was totally enjoying the routes it took us to, and also the restaurants and interesting places are worth visiting! For those states you want to go, they have this map that will defenitely meet your need. Check it out: https://www.madmaps.com/roadtrips/id...d-n-w--wyoming The best thing about their paper maps is that they are water proof and you don't need to worry about tearing them up! They also have GPS and iPhone apps available.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    We got the one for Colorado. It's really good! Very worthwhile purchase.
    Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile Motowhere ?

www.motowhere.com . web site where other riders have posted their rides that you can print out to try and you can also add you favorite scenic rides too and Its free to join. This site is good for both Canada and the United States .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I got their email promotions the other day about the 25% off for all the paper maps. The promo code is XMAS2011, maybe some of you are interested