Spyder Garage

Default Not to brag, but...

It's been mid-70s and sunny here for three days, and will be so through the rest of my *three day* weekend.

And my Spyder just had its 3000 mile service this week, all topped up and ready to ride!

BTW... did you know that the D.C. metro area had precisely ONE day in all of September without any measurable rainfall? We have sooooo earned this beautiful weather this weekend, it can't get any more perfect than this!
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Point/Counterpoint:

Its 8:00 AM and DARK outside. We have temps in the mid 30's. Its going to rain today and the rest of the weekend. Rain mixed with snow (in the higher elevations).

These first snow's don't amount to much and usually melt when they hit the ground--but another couple weeks or so and it will be for real.

Spydee and Vulcan are getting ready for the "big sleep". I will still ride until I cant anymore--but the days are numbered for 2011.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We're regular dopplegangers

I'll think of you this weekend while riding through this...

fallfoliage_7619.jpg
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Now those are some beautiful fall colors!!!! Every tree up here turns yellow. The red we get is from the low lying shrubs and weeds.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Now those are some beautiful fall colors!!!! Every tree up here turns yellow. The red we get is from the low lying shrubs and weeds.
    It's still a little too early for those colors here-- full disclosure: I just grabbed a picture of the Valley online-- but I'm heading over to West Virginia this weekend for riding, so it should start being better over there.

I'll take my camera and take photos when I stop... IF I can bring myself to stop

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

'Course you could ryde down here and beat up on me as you promised a couple of weeks ago....!!
    I'm headed up to White Sulfur Springs on Monday so I'll continue your vigil.
    I found a run south just out of WSS....I think it is 311 or something but it was a great drive in the Cooper S.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Upper 60s and sunny here... Over the weekend the temperatures are supposed to get pretty close to 80... WOO-HOO!! This is what I like for ryding weather! We're planning on doing some serious "Leaf-Peeping" via the Spyder on Sunday and Monday. Tuesday it heads to the shop for some tinkering so at least it gets parked with some fond memories in the tank...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It was 37 when I left for work about 6:00am. Now it's about 65.
    This weekend is Mt Greylock. It should be around 70 for the day.
    }ood sleeping weather
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Getting upper 40's overnight, and mid to upper 70's during the day here!!! Lots of fog too..... Boooooooo!!!!

I rode to work today for the first time in a long time. The fog was so thick I had to wipe off my face shield several times!!!! By the time I got to work (only 9 miles away) Spydie was dripping wet!!!!! The front of my jacket had beads of water on it too!!!!! The road was completely dry, but the air was a bit "juicy"!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    It was 37 when I left for work about 6:00am. Now it's about 65.
    This weekend is Mt Greylock. It should be around 70 for the day.
    }ood sleeping weather
    I haven't done Greylock siNce they redid the road. It is a good run though and I will probably do it next Spring. That and lunch at Jacks Hot Dogs. makes for a Great day.

Spyder Garage

Default Hey Dave-

RE: You going to WVA

Good idea for a trip this weekend...

I'm heading to Skyline Drive from Harrisburg (down I81). Starting at the bottom on Saturday, staying over in Luray, then riding the top and back to the 'burg on Sunday.

Should be 75 & sunny on Saturday and 80 and sunny on Sunday. Makes up for the fact that I had actually planned to do it last weekend (45 and rainy). What a bonus weekend coming up !!

Ride safe...
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Good sleeping weather
    Wheels are turning when the sunshine's burning!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black