Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ESI Up and Out Mirror Extenders

Hi,

So I just finished mounting subject mirror extenders but they are not much help to my 5' tall wife. With the mirrors adjusted down all the way, she is not able to get a good view of the road at street level, in fact they are tending to point upwards which is no use to her.

She has the lowrider seat sold by Ultimate Seats which makes her sit closer to the handlebars but not any lower.

Has anyone experienced this ? I haven't tried it yet but I don't think I can get much play out of the mirror stalks by rotating them as the mounting screws will probably not allow this. I'm pretty sure that I didn't mis match the left side with the right side extension piece because the turn signal wire is oreintated in the groove in accordance with the instructions.

Any thoughts ???

Ray
    09 Yellow/Black GS SE5

Spyder Garage

Gee, I'm not much taller than your wife. And most of my height is in my legs. Anyway, I have the ESI Up and Outs. They work just fine for me. Really a huge improvement especially having handlebar risers. I didn't install them, so would be of no help diagnosing what or if you did anything wrong in the install. They should be great for your wife. Don't know why they aren't.
    Marilyn