Thread: 2012's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 2012's

http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/home.aspx

2012's are now listed in the Showroom

Im liking the new red/satin black RS-S

I see the Limited has a choice for seat colors too. Looks pretty sweet with the black seat

Spyder Garage

Can't get the website to boot up--they must be overloaded with high traffic.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Can't get the website to boot up--they must be overloaded with high traffic.
    Takes a while to get to AK.
    Just kidding.

Spyder Garage

I am suprised that someone did not come on and ask if we even had internet up here.

I went to the direct link from the homepage here--it opened up.

Looks like prices went up about $1,000 on the limited, about $100 on the RSS and down about $500 on the base RS.

I am comparing to 2010 prices--since I did not shop for 2011's.

I still don't like the brown shade limited--but the white is pretty nice.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-05-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I am suprised that someone did not come on and ask if we even had internet up here.

I still don't like the brown shade limited--but the white is pretty nice.
    I thought you had the "smoke signal to internet app" on your iPhone. I agree, I just can't get UPS out of my feable mind.
    Last edited by SpyderDen; 10-06-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Looks like you have the option to add chrome accessories. Wonder if it comes installed? If so that would be a popular option. Looks like they added the option for a black seat for the brown limited. That was a good move.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So now the shopping can REALLY begin...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Interesting that the RS with Semi Auto is 17,999 and I paid 15,300 before Taxes for my 09 Yellow SE5. (I Feel Good!!!!)
    Over 20 years in the jet ski world we were always happy when it was just color changes because with NO bigger engines there really was no need to upgrade for Graphics?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

$27,900 to replace my 2010… No longer comes with the cover - chrome rims are an option… my trusty 2010 will continue to do JUST fine…..
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    $27,900 to replace my 2010… No longer comes with the cover - chrome rims are an option… my trusty 2010 will continue to do JUST fine…..
    The more folks that look at MSRP and decide it is not worth it to replace their trusty 10s, the more likely prices are to come down in the future with promos and discounts.. patience is definitely a virtue (at least occasionally)
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    Looks like you have the option to add chrome accessories. Wonder if it comes installed? If so that would be a popular option. Looks like they added the option for a black seat for the brown limited. That was a good move.
    Yeah, like many I'm not thrilled with that color combo. I think the tan seat would go MUCH better with the quantum blue than whatever that new color is.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

It will be interesting how this all works out.

IMHO: some personal observations.

I used to be one who had the newest latest whizzbang. gave me a good ride in 2008, 2009, 2010.

Two more years out: they have the same models, mostly the same specs, color changes--some great, some not.

They have tweeked out some of the glitches and problems--so each version should be a little less "buggy" or quirky.

I think they should have listened a little more to the current owners as to what we want concerning engines.

Bigger and quieter engine to compete with the biggest competition (Honda).

This would improve mileage, I am sure. Many of us would jump on a with a bigger engine.

I too, am in a wait and see mode. No 2011 or 2012 for me--the 2010 is working just fine, thank you.

The 2012 year, I am sure, will get more new customers on --but will the ones who want to move to a newer machine bite?

The other problem lurking in the background, as I see it, will another major manufacturer come out with a super deluxe touring or sport, reverse trike?

It would be interesting to know what BRP engineering and marketing has in mind. Are there any spies in the know, out there?

Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-06-2011 at 07:55 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red