GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Explorer53525's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Door County, Sat & Sun Oct 8 & 9 - has been cancelled

The weather prediction is Sunny skies and 70's this weekend.
    A couple of us Southern Wisconsin Spyders are planning on heading up to Door County this weekend for an overnight. No definite route plan yet, but will probably leave Milwaukee area around 8 am. Open to suggestions.
    I couldn't find any hotel rooms available in Door County, but Green Bay and Manitowoc have available rooms which seems like a reasonable plan.
    Found this link for ideas of a route http://images.meredith.com/mwl/pdf/D...rivingTour.pdf
    Maybe some of the "locals" could join us for a day rYde or lunch.
    Who's interested?

Read my thread below about cancel.
    Last edited by Explorer53525; 10-05-2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Ride Cancelled
    Greta Guth

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Gretta,
    Wish we could make that but have a rally in Lake Geneva. Weathers gonna be great !!! Have fun
    PS Stay out of the gravel?
    Larry & Muf

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Explorer53525's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Cancelling the Door County ride.

I just found out that due to heavy wind damage last Thursday night, 4 of the 5 state parks in Door County are closed. Connie and I have both looked and there are no hotel rooms to be found in Door County. That alone means lots of crowds on narrow roads.
    So we are cancelling the ride and will plan further ahead for a trip next spring to see the cherry blossoms in bloom in Door County.
    Jim and I will be heading to Marinette County which is across the bay from Door County and where I grew up. Beautiful colors and a lot of trees and lakes.
    Greta Guth

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer53525 View Post
    I just found out that due to heavy wind damage last Thursday night, 4 of the 5 state parks in Door County are closed. Connie and I have both looked and there are no hotel rooms to be found in Door County. That alone means lots of crowds on narrow roads.
    So we are cancelling the ride and will plan further ahead for a trip next spring to see the cherry blossoms in bloom in Door County.
    Jim and I will be heading to Marinette County which is across the bay from Door County and where I grew up. Beautiful colors and a lot of trees and lakes.
    Have fun up there. I was really trying to justify abandoning yard work that needs to be done in weather that would make it easy for a second weekend in a row, I almost had it though. Looks like I'll tool around the area in the afternoon after the winter prep work is done.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have a safe trip Greta. I was trying to get Karen to go on the Door county ride but it was a no go. We will be riding around WI on Saturday and having lunch at Marley's in the Dells. I just can't stand wastig one of the last great weekends on house work. Karen like the photo's we took so maybe I'll head back up that way before heading to the dells.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    Have a safe trip Greta. I was trying to get Karen to go on the Door county ride but it was a no go. We will be riding around WI on Saturday and having lunch at Marley's in the Dells. I just can't stand wastig one of the last great weekends on house work. Karen like the photo's we took so maybe I'll head back up that way before heading to the dells.
    Marley's is the best! Enjoy
    Lovin' my Spyder!