Spyder Garage

Default ROAR in the SWAMP 10.09.11

Roar in the swamp is currently schedualed for the 9th of Oct. 2011. This is held annually in Suffolk, Virginia and is a good time had by all. Check out my pics of last years' Roar.P1010021.jpgP1010001.jpg12678.jpg12680.jpg12676.jpg
    Catching a Yellow Jacket in your helmet at 65 mph can double your vocabulary

Spyder Garage

Sure hope the swamp fire is out by then. If nothing else is on the agenda I'll plan on being there.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

How many Spyders will be there? BP.

Spyder Garage

Last year there was around five. Looking forward to seeing you there, and SpyderDon.12670.jpg12671.jpg12669.jpg

Spyder Garage

Venom, where in the hell were you???? My wife and I made the ryde, David, from All Out Cycles, invited us to ryde with his group so we were the second group out. Of course we were the last back because we waited for everyone else to pull out before we took off. I thought I saw you pull into the rest area but somehow never saw you pass us on your way out, then we looked but never found a tricked out RS. When we got there I told Cheryl, damn, I forgot to bring your phone number. What was the official count, have you heard?

We enjoyed it but don't know if we'll do it again. It was a little nippley, Sunday morning. Funny, Cheryl bought a pair of chaps on our way home, she'd seen them on Craigs List, brand new, tags still on them, right size, price was right. The girl is into the ryding stuff, don't upset me.

Bottom line, sorry ya misse me.....Hope ya had a good en.

Spyder Garage

Sorry,
    SpyderDon, I was about the last out, because I was one of the first there. They had my bike up near the tents. When we got to the rest stop, I stayed just long enough to see some bikes leaving, and I figured I would roll with them. I guess the stop is to let the Harley riders let their bikes cool . I'm sorry that I missed you. There were far to may riders out there, with far to many rider skill sets, I was trying to fit in, but rolled back to just cruise. I went to enjoy some camaraderie, and to check out the swamp after the fire but didn't really find, either. I'm not sure if I'll ride next year. Too many riders, trying to race each other and too many that thought they were the only one one the road. . I do regret not meeting you. I saw a, pretty blue RT, and a yellow RS, and a full moon RS. I waved at each one but did not get a chance to talk to any riders. I hope to see you out there somewhere before the weather turns crappy, . It would be nice to have a meet and greet. You can contact me through this website, or my email address, rpittman3@cox.net. Just call 757-343-3986. I work just about 6 days a week, but we could chance it.
    I hope to hear from you.
    Rod (1Venom)

Spyder Garage

Don't give up yet, there is still time if I can keep mine on the road. She's got to go in for her 12,000 mile service soon, got a new seat waiting, and back rest is on order. Figured I might as well wait until the back rest comes in, they have to remove the seat anyway, maybe it won't cost to much to have them install it.

We'll work something out, the wife loves to ryde but she also really likes comfort. Gloves are on order, her chaps have been altered, got the face mask and neck thingy, boot socks, lined britches, plenty of sweaters, oh yeah, she has her leather jacket, it's a hell of a lot better than mine. I did order a new jacket from BajaRon, hope to get it soon so we can check out this cooler weather coming this weekend.

Anyway, Rod, we will do something. keep in touch. Don

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Roar in the Swamp

I did the ride and enjoyed every moment! Finally got to meet 1venom and admire his with all his handiwork.Hopeing to meet fellow Spyder-Ryders in Tidewater @ monthly meetings. Scacy (Jeannette)