Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Found my Gerbing electrics and will be warm on my way to Augusta tomorrow morning! YAY!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks to all!

My very sincere thank yous to all who made this second meeting of the Georgia Spyder Riders a memorable event. Thanks to Oldandgrouchy for finessing Tomberlin Powersports! Who'd a thunk it. T-shirts for everyone and special prizes up to and including a leather Can-Am jacket for the "out-of-the-helmet" few. A special thanks to Tomberlin Powersports for getting BRPs support.

By my count, 18 Spyders and two other motorcycles. About thirty people in all.

Excellent food, some new friends and many old ones. Hope to do this sort of thing many more times in the future.
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 10-22-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    My very sincere thank yous to all who made this second meeting of the Georgia Spyder Riders a memorable event. Thanks to Oldandgrouchy for finessing Tomberlin Powersports! Who'd a thunk it. T-shirts for everyone and special prizes up to and including a leather Can-Am jacket for the "out-of-the-helmet" few. A special thanks to Tomberlin Powersports for getting BRPs support.

By my count, 18 Spyders and two other motorcycles. About thirty people in all.

Excellent food, some new friends and many old ones. Hope to do this sort of thing many more times in the future.
    AMEN!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Spyder Garage

I'm so jealous!!!! Glad u guys had a great time!!!

Spyder Garage

We did
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

We enjoyed a great meeting in Augusta. Actually it was more a "meet and greet" than a meeting. I passed around minutes from the first meeting and will be posting them. Thank you, Tuck and Mark, with finding my error and helping me to correct it. I will start on the "minutes" fom this meeting today and try to have a quicker turnaround for posting.
    Oldandgrouchy had a wonderful meal sight and day planned. I hope to be able to do the Augusta sights ride at another time. This was "Miss Daisy" first long excursion and her driver (me) was not ready for a bunch of shifting in town traffic. As much as I hate driving on the interstate, I did agree to do part of our ride home on I20. "Miss Daisy" can go REALLY FAST, when she has to. I sure love this Spyder Ryding!!!

Thanks to everyone that came out and to those who could not make it, I missed you and hope to ride with you soon.
    Last edited by sewnonnie; 10-23-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Disappointed that I was not there

Could not be in two places, but i did/am having a wonderful weekend with friends and the riding is great. I want to see pictures of the day. When is the next gathering - need to put in on my calendar.

Glad all of you had a great day and safe riding.
    Blue 2011 RT-S: My Economic Contributions: Rt Hand Brake, RAM handle bar cup holder, Kewl Metal Gadget mount for phone/GPS, Midland CB, High Tech V2 Wireless intercom, GloRiders-Blue, BRP hitch, Bike-rack for travel duffel, Grip Puppies, Arrow mirror turn signals, RT HMT Rear light, Utopia Driver's seat back, Lamont's NBV Highway pegs, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Baker Air Wings
    Life is a matter of Prospective We create our own Prospective.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Pictures should be on the way as Sparky practically wore out her cell phone! We definitely felt like rock stars with all of the photography

It appears that we are on the way to a third get together but it was suggested that until the global warming returns in the spring that we meet later in the day, say 1:00 pm. This of course will shorten the ride time to return home. What are the thoughts out there?

Another suggestion is that local folks can get together monthly and we meet as a large group in the early spring.

Again thanks to all who made the ride it was a great time, the local dealer was really impressed with the group and the "hardcore rider attitude". This is very good for the Ga Riders to help Dealers in the state understand that we are both consumers and a force in the industry that needs to be worked with and not just there to be overcharged or taken advantage of.

Congratulations to those who won the raffles, 1 leather Can Am jacket, 1 Textile Can Am jacket, two sets of riding gloves, four Can Am technical shirts and a couple of hats. Also everyone got a tee shirt with a Spyder on the front!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sewnonnie View Post
    We enjoyed a great meeting in Augusta. Actually it was more a "meet and greet" than a meeting. I passed around minutes from the first meeting and will be posting them. Thank you, Tuck and Mark, with finding my error and helping me to correct it. I will start on the "minutes" fom this meeting today and try to have a quicker turnaround for posting.
    Oldandgrouchy had a wonderful meal sight and day planned. I hope to be able to do the Augusta sights ride at another time. This was "Miss Daisy" first long excursion and her driver (me) was not ready for a bunch of shifting in town traffic. As much as I hate driving on the interstate, I did agree to do part of our ride home on I20. "Miss Daisy" can go REALLY FAST, when she has to. I sure love this Spyder Ryding!!!

Thanks to everyone that came out and to those who could not make it, I missed you and hope to ride with you soon.
    Melanie. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Glad your new ride is breaking you in properly.

DT
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Meeting

Really enjoyed the get together yesterday. It was good to meet other Spyder lovers. The morning started out pretty brutal (39o), but mother nature co-operated for the rest of the day. Hats off (or should I say caps on since I was the winner of a Can Am cap) to the local Can Am dealer. They really made us feel welcome. I just wish I was close enough to use this dealership. I was glad that Doc Riverside rode along with me. It certainly made me feel more comfortable and the company was great.

Hopefully one of our meetings can take place somewhere in the Savannah area. April is a beautiful month with the azaleas and dogwoods blooming.

Spyder Garage

Default Missed you yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman_09 View Post
    Looking forward to meeting in Monroe.
    We missed you in Monroe and Augusta yesterday. Hope all is well.
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am 23" Ultra-touring windshield kit
    Can-Am fog lights
    Flash-2-Pass garage door opener
    Givi E460 top case with Admore LED kit
    Spring release on frunk
    Kewl Metal mirror extensions
    Spyder Lovers license plate frame
    Ultimate low rider seat with rider backrest and yellow contrast stitching
    Custom Dynamics Double Feature Lens Tail Light
    TricFenderz (Led lights) in amber/red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GASpyderLady View Post
    Could not be in two places, but i did/am having a wonderful weekend with friends and the riding is great. I want to see pictures of the day. When is the next gathering - need to put in on my calendar.

Glad all of you had a great day and safe riding.
    Hmmm.... How about YOU pick a date in the first quarter of next year and let us know where we will meet?

Spyder Garage

Default AGS Meeting/Lunch

I made it about 1/2 way home yesterday afternoon and stipped to visit with a friend of 40 years at Lake Jackson. Hard to believe anyone would put up with him (or me) for 40 years. Had a great visit. On the ride home this morning, I was following a "jacked up" Jeep south of Lawrenceville, not really not paying attention to the speed limit of 45, just behind him 100 yards or so. A Leo was facing us and turned on his lights as the Jeep passed, did a 180 so rapidly I thought he was going to turn his car over and really didn't miss me by much. Not knowing the real speed, not anything real fast, I kinda think he was going to get him for bumper height or ??? I mention this to remind us all to drive responsively and be extra sure to give yourself some room behind the traffic you're following. The good news here is that I slowed and passed well to the left as Leo got out of his car. He didn't wave me over, so only the Jeep guy was the perp in this case.

Keith and OldGrouchy et al did a good job getting the word out ref yesterday. I had talked with two folks that did not make it, we'll get them in attendence next time. I had a good time, and a darn fine meal and visit to Tomberlin Outdoor. Even won a shirt, besides the ones they gave out. Two new outfits for weddings and jail.

Let's not forget the local dealers. We've got one or more in the ATL area who're ready to help us. The one I talked to a little has a real nice area for meetings. I'd like to suggest that we look at a late Nov or early Dec Saturday or maybe a weekday evening or wait until Jan. Let's see if that would get the interest going by both the host and the attendees. They already sponsor a Triumph "club." Don't think the setup would be too convenient for a meal, but you never know. Don't want Keith spilling barbecue on the rug or falling into the fireplace.

I had a super time and the ride was excellent with Keith and Mike as my babysitters.

Tuck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I'm so jealous!!!! Glad u guys had a great time!!!
    Just checking in. How are you, Tammy's mom and your dog doing? Missed you both.
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am 23" Ultra-touring windshield kit
    Can-Am fog lights
    Flash-2-Pass garage door opener
    Givi E460 top case with Admore LED kit
    Spring release on frunk
    Kewl Metal mirror extensions
    Spyder Lovers license plate frame
    Ultimate low rider seat with rider backrest and yellow contrast stitching
    Custom Dynamics Double Feature Lens Tail Light
    TricFenderz (Led lights) in amber/red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sewnonnie View Post
    Just checking in. How are you, Tammy's mom and your dog doing? Missed you both.
    Tammy's mom is better, im getting there, and Sarge is still at vet. Hopefully we will get him tomorrow (again). I hope he stays well this time. May try to ride the Blue Bomber to work tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

We had a great time. We got a bit cold riding from Mt. Airy, was 36 deg when we left at 8:00 am but half went up to 60 deg after we past Athens. We got some t-shirts and won a hat. I hope it's warmer in Nov.

Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sorry tat I missed the good time, and food had to be in Hilton Head. Maybe next time. I am glad a good time was had by all.

Hawk Eye

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjoe View Post
    Hopefully one of our meetings can take place somewhere in the Savannah area. April is a beautiful month with the azaleas and dogwoods blooming.
    Daisyjoe; Do you know Savannah well enough and are you willing to coordinate something for second quarter next year? - Keith

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Please count me in! Sounds like a plan

Spyder Garage

Daisyjoe; Do you know Savannah well enough and are you willing to coordinate something for second quarter next year? - Keith
    When planning the Savannah meet, keep in mind that SpyderFest is in April (I think) , so please try to schedule in a way that doesn't conflict for those planning to go to Cuba, MO.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyderfest 2012 25 - 29 APR 2012

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

May want to talk to Sandy B. (wife) was born and raised in Savannah where I met her and took her to Florida then here, e-mail is scubadoll31@aol.com

Spyder Garage

Default Not for Spyders only but an area ride we can join in on...

Hmmm.... How about YOU pick a date in the first quarter of next year and let us know where we will meet?
    Let me think on this one, but in the meantime...

A friend of mine's son is in this JROTC and I thought we could join in as a Spyder contingent.
    As we get the GASpyder site up we could add a section for area rides?

http://www.atlantabiker.com/events/g...cycle-ride/556
    Grizzlies Veterans’ Day JROTC Ride 1st Annual Motorcycle Ride

Saturday, November 12, 2011
    10 a.m.
    Creekview High School Parking Lot
    1550 Owens Store Road, Canton, GA 30115

Date: Saturday, November 12, 2011 Registration Time: 10:00A.M. - 11:00A.M. Ride Starts at 11:00A.M. and ends 2:00P.M. At Creekview High School Parking Lot Address: 1550 Owens Store Road Canton, GA 30115 Registration Donation of $25.00 per rider $10.00 for each additional rider per bike All The Proceeds Benefit JROTC Cadets On-line Registration Form www.cvbooster.net or email cvbooster@hotmail.com Cash Prize & 1 Round of Golf for 4 and Cart - 1st Place 1 Round of Golf for 4 and Cart - 2nd Place Door Prizes Given Away Drawing Starts @ 2:30P.M. If under 18, parent or guardian must also sign - Rain Or Shine
    Blue 2011 RT-S: My Economic Contributions: Rt Hand Brake, RAM handle bar cup holder, Kewl Metal Gadget mount for phone/GPS, Midland CB, High Tech V2 Wireless intercom, GloRiders-Blue, BRP hitch, Bike-rack for travel duffel, Grip Puppies, Arrow mirror turn signals, RT HMT Rear light, Utopia Driver's seat back, Lamont's NBV Highway pegs, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Baker Air Wings
    Life is a matter of Prospective We create our own Prospective.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This looks like fun, unfortunately, Mel and I will be unavailable that weekend.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If anyone has any photos of the Augusta meet how about posting them somewhere, please.