Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mark, I am so sorry to hear about your sisters surgery. My prayers for a safe operation and speedy recovery go out to her and your family. With the good lord willing I am sure she will be fine.

Augusta isn't going anywhere there will be other rides and Ga meets. Right now you're needed by your family so if you make it fine but if the time to return is close please don't worry!

Spyder Garage

Talking Augusta meet & ride

Hello people my wife Bonnie & I (Frank) are planning to do this if it will be on the 22nd. of October. Please advise us....Also looking for other Spyder's in the Cumming, Dawsonville, Gainesville & Canton Areas. We purchased ours new in 2009.

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman_09 View Post
    Hello people my wife Bonnie & I (Frank) are planning to do this if it will be on the 22nd. of October. Please advise us....Also looking for other Spyder's in the Cumming, Dawsonville, Gainesville & Canton Areas. We purchased ours new in 2009.
    <BR><BR>Yes the ride is this Saturday, October 22nd. We would love to have you and Bonnie, as well as any other spyder riders in your area. If you want to avoid the interstate, we have some intermediate ride meeting stops on the way.&nbsp;These stops&nbsp;are Walton EMC parking lot on Hwy 78 at Mount Vernon (between Monroe and Athens) at 8:00am and Harlem at about 10:20am, arriving at Carolina Ale House about 11:00. <BR><BR>Melanie

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Hey Guys, I drove to Oklahoma City today to visit with my sister who is in the hospital. I hope to be back home by the middle to latter part of the week & in Augusta Saturday. She'shaving heart valve surgery Monday or Tuesday & I'll be staying until after the surgery & when I know she'll be OK, so don't know for sure when I'll be able to leave for home.

Doc says this is a "difficult" surgery, so would really appreciate your prayers.

Thanks!
    Hello Mark,
    I went through a Mitral valve repair in March at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. Total time in the hospital was 1 day before and 3 days after....and then a long ride back to GA. Recovery and back to work in 3 weeks. If the procedure is non-invasive, the recovery time is much faster, verses open heart.
    Good luck to your sister. Hope to see you in Augusta.
    Carl and Karen Patton

Spyder Garage

Default Prayers your way

Hey Guys, I drove to Oklahoma City today to visit with my sister who is in the hospital. I hope to be back home by the middle to latter part of the week & in Augusta Saturday. She'shaving heart valve surgery Monday or Tuesday & I'll be staying until after the surgery & when I know she'll be OK, so don't know for sure when I'll be able to leave for home.

Doc says this is a "difficult" surgery, so would really appreciate your prayers.

Thanks!
    Will have all of your family in my prayers. Sometimes sitting in the waiting area can be as hard for the family as the surgery is for the patient. In order to be strong for them - be sure to take care of yourself.
    Blue 2011 RT-S: My Economic Contributions: Rt Hand Brake, RAM handle bar cup holder, Kewl Metal Gadget mount for phone/GPS, Midland CB, High Tech V2 Wireless intercom, GloRiders-Blue, BRP hitch, Bike-rack for travel duffel, Grip Puppies, Arrow mirror turn signals, RT HMT Rear light, Utopia Driver's seat back, Lamont's NBV Highway pegs, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Baker Air Wings
    Life is a matter of Prospective We create our own Prospective.

Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    You and yor sister and your family are in my prayers. Would love to see you in Augusta, but family always comes first. take care.

Spyder Garage

Looks like the surgery will be delayed several weeks. There's some lung issues that have to be resolved first. I expect to be home either Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Default We will be in Monroe to meet and enjoy the trip....

Looking forward to meeting in Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by sewnonnie View Post
    <BR><BR>Yes the ride is this Saturday, October 22nd. We would love to have you and Bonnie, as well as any other spyder riders in your area. If you want to avoid the interstate, we have some intermediate ride meeting stops on the way.&nbsp;These stops&nbsp;are Walton EMC parking lot on Hwy 78 at Mount Vernon (between Monroe and Athens) at 8:00am and Harlem at about 10:20am, arriving at Carolina Ale House about 11:00. <BR><BR>Melanie

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mark sorry that the surgery had to be delayed I hope it all works out for the best. On the other hand I'm glad you will be at Augusta so we can meet. It looks like it's going to be a wild event.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile Augusta Meet

Will be coming up from Midway, Ga. Excited about being around other Spyders.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Glad to have you Daisyjoe, welcome!

I've lost an exact count on how many are coming but I guess it's around 30 or so Spyders and perhaps over 50 folks, it's just amazing. I think that the Georgia Group is just great and has the potential to be one of the largest active riding bunch on the Forum.
    Last edited by Ga Blue Knight; 10-18-2011 at 05:35 AM.

Spyder Garage

I am not sure if me and tammy will be able to make it after all. The past 3 weeks have not been good. Her mother was in really bad shape and she flew up to be with her (she is getting better now). During this same time, I found out I had a blood clot in my leg. I have been giving myself blood thinner shots in my stomach for 2 weeks (not fun). Then our family dog had to have surgery to remove his gal bladder last week. He is finally home, but not in the best shape. Plus I am not sure if I can make a 6+ (round trip) hour drive on my leg. Will have to see how it goes by the end of the week.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mike; Take care of yourselves. There WILL be more rides with the Georgia Spyder Riders in the future.

Spyder Garage

Wow Mike! Looks like I need to be praying for you & your family.

I made it home today. You guys sure let it get cold while I was gone! Should be on the ride Saturday.

Mike, make wise decisions concerning your health.
    Last edited by MarkLawson; 10-20-2011 at 12:39 PM.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I am not sure if me and tammy will be able to make it after all. The past 3 weeks have not been good. Her mother was in really bad shape and she flew up to be with her (she is getting better now). During this same time, I found out I had a blood clot in my leg. I have been giving myself blood thinner shots in my stomach for 2 weeks (not fun). Then our family dog had to have surgery to remove his gal bladder last week. He is finally home, but not in the best shape. Plus I am not sure if I can make a 6+ (round trip) hour drive on my leg. Will have to see how it goes by the end of the week.
    Take care, Mike. I hope Tammy's mom is on the mend and your dog is doing better. We will miss you. Your health is more important than this ride. We will catch you on the next one.

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone!! Sorry to get the thread off topic!! Had to put Sarge back in the vet last night. Does not look good. Hope you guys have an awesome time!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wow Mike you sure have a lot on your plate! Take care of you and your family first. The way things are coming together with the Ga Spyders or whatever we call ourselves there will be plenty of rides and get togethers I am sure. My prayers for your health and you families well being.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

For those coming to Augusta the forecast is for sunny conditions, 71 degrees by mid day and around 55-65 for your ride, dress accordingly for your safety please!

We will be going to the dealer right after lunch where they are going to raffle of several small items including a grand prize that will knock you sox off all sponsored by BRP! (no not a new RT!) I also believe that they may have tee shirts for attendees.

Call my cell phone for any emergencies. It's located in my profile under Instant Messaging at the ICQ number.
    Last edited by Ga Blue Knight; 10-20-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandgrouchy View Post
    We will be going to the dealer right after lunch where they are going to raffle of several small items including a grand prize that will knock you sox off all sponsored by BRP! (no not a new RT!) I also believe that they may have tee shirts for attendees.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandgrouchy View Post
    For those coming to Augusta the forecast is for sunny conditions, 71 degrees by mid day and around 55-65 for your ride, dress accordingly for your safety please!

Call my cell phone for any emergencies. It's located in my profile under Instant Messaging at the ICQ number.
    They're forecasting about 40 degrees when I leave Snellville @ 7:00 Saturday morning. BRRRR!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I talked with Donna at Harley Dealership and lot will be full for the car and bike show, They are using the church parking lot next door for other bikes and cars and will have a separate area for all the's to park together

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-B View Post
    I talked with Donna at Harley Dealership and lot will be full for the car and bike show, They are using the church parking lot next door for other bikes and cars and will have a separate area for all the's to park together
    Well we can do the HD car and bike show right after the Can Am dealer or we can do a quick ride around Augusta Downtown and then do the car and bike show, any thoughts? No need to decide right now we can talk it over at the Carolina Ale House. Its all good! There will be plenty of time to do it all Augusta Is not that big a city and easy to motor around.

My son and I will be at the Carolina Ale House around 10:30 or so, look for us, me moon silver RS him bloody red RS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Keep in mind that many of us will still have a LOOnngg ride back home.

Personally, I am liking lunch, ride to dealership, and maybe trip around Augusta. Kinda depends on how late in the afternoon it is getting to be.
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 10-20-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The ride to downtown is quite short and only about 25 min. I plan to end it right by I20 so folks can start home if they want to. If some folks want to go on to the HD bike and car show we can also work that out as well.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

For those planning on meeting Melanie (sewnonnie) and I at Walton EMC for the ride out to Augusta, here is what I have loaded in the GPS. If anyone wants a copy of the .gpx file, email or pm me. Depending on how many show up, we may split into two or more groups (just my thought). Sorry Mark, still do not have a CB (but thinking about one).

Carolina Ale House from Walton EMC
    Walton EMC, 842 Highway 78 NW, Monroe, GA 30655-4475
    Lat 33.835478° - Long -83.643870°
    Time Mile Instruction For
    8:00 AM 0 Depart Walton EMC on Local road(s) (South-West) 98 yds
    8:30 AM 15.9 At Watkinsville, stay on US-441 Bus [SR-15] (South) 0.2 mi
    8:41 AM 23.4 At near Rutherford, stay on Bob Godfrey Rd (South-East) 0.7 mi
    8:52 AM 30.3 Turn RIGHT (East) onto US-78 [SR-10] 5.5 mi
    9:00 AM 35.9 At Lexington, stay on US-78 [SR-10] (South-East) 26.0 mi
    9:30 AM 61.9 Keep RIGHT onto Local road(s) 76 yds
    9:31 AM 61.9 At Washington, road name changes to US-78 [SR-10] 23.6 mi
    9:56 AM 85.5 Keep STRAIGHT onto SR-17 [Main St] 1.2 mi
    9:58 AM 86.7 At Thomson, stay on SR-17 [Main St] (South) 2.4 mi
    10:01 AM 89.1 Turn LEFT (East) onto Wire Rd 4.1 mi
    10:06 AM 93.2 Turn RIGHT (South-East) onto US-278 [US-78] 2.3 mi
    10:09 AM 95.5 At Dearing, stay on US-278 [US-78] (East) 4.7 mi
    10:16 AM 100.2 At Harlem, stay on US-278 [US-78] (East) 8.9 mi
    10:26 AM 109.1 At US-278, Grovetown, GA 30813, stay on US-278 [US-78] (North-East) 6.7 mi
    10:33 AM 115.7 Turn LEFT (North) onto N Leg Rd 1.3 mi
    10:39 AM 119 Turn LEFT (West) onto Local road(s) 10 yds
    10:40 AM 119 Turn LEFT (South) onto Walton Way Ext 0.1 mi
    10:41 AM 119.2 Turn RIGHT (West) onto Local road(s) 32 yds
    Arrive Carolina Ale House [203 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 10-21-2011 at 09:14 AM.