Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default October Meet in Augusta

OK, let's get this going. I have heard from Oldandgrouchy and he thinks he will have some spare time on his hands.

• Carolina Ale House (are reservations required)
    • Date. 22 or 29 October
    • Dealership visit?
    • How are we getting to Augusta?

Oldandgrouchy, will you take the lead on the Augusta end?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default My $.02...

22 October is a better date - less Halloween craziness (unless that is what is being sought).

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    OK, let's get this going. I have heard from Oldandgrouchy and he thinks he will have some spare time on his hands.
    • Carolina Ale House (are reservations required)
    • Date. 22 or 29 October
    • Dealership visit?
    • How are we getting to Augusta?

Oldandgrouchy, will you take the lead on the Augusta end?
    Sure,

On October 22 we will meet for lunch (11:00 am) in Augusta at the Carolina Ale House located off of the Walton Way exit on I-20 East. The address is 203 Robert C. Daniels jr Parkway, Augusta and the phone is# 706 333-0019. No reservations needed and there is motorcycle parking right up against the outdoor seating area. When you get off on the exit turn right and the resturant is in the parking lot to your right.

A good route for you folks out west to get here (if you did not want to drone on I-20) would be to follow Rt 78 through Athens and the smaller towns until Rt 78 crosses I-20 in Thomson Ga. Then get on I-20 East for the last 25 miles or so.

After lunch we can do a short tour of downtown Augusta and the Old Confederate Powder Works and the Savannah River Canal winding up at the Can Am Dealer on Washington Road which just replaced most of their staff and wants to meet and greet us Spyder lovers. They said that they will do something special but I am not sure what.

PM me if you have any special needs or requests or just need to say hi.
    Joe Cohen (Oldandgrouchy)

Spyder Garage

I like the 22nd, but reserve the right to have my wife change my mind...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

We were going camping that weekend. Arrrgggg!!!!! Decisions, decisions.

Spyder Garage

Angry Sorry, we can't make the 22nd

Six Grandkids in NY that we are going to see that weekend. Ride safe, Peace.
    American Legion Riders/GA Patriot Guard Rider

Spyder Garage

Default Planning on it

We (Yol Bolsun and I) are planning on it. I'm not sure if I will be ready to ride "Miss Daisy" that far, but I would really like to be good enough on the manual transmission to attempt it. I will check with my employer (Walton EMC), on 78 outside of Monroe, to see if we can use the parking lot as an intermediate meeting place.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default agusta lunch

budman/weiserwoman are looking forward to it the 22nd would be better we think also. Hope for a good turnout. see ya all thier...
    Budman/Weiserwoman

Spyder Garage

Default Oct ride

Siler Fox will be set to ride on 22Oct

Spyder Garage

Default Oct 22?

Working on making it work . May have to meet you in Athens -- my son is supposed to be at a competition that am in Athens. Need to arrange things because I would love to make it.
    Blue 2011 RT-S: My Economic Contributions: Rt Hand Brake, RAM handle bar cup holder, Kewl Metal Gadget mount for phone/GPS, Midland CB, High Tech V2 Wireless intercom, GloRiders-Blue, BRP hitch, Bike-rack for travel duffel, Grip Puppies, Arrow mirror turn signals, RT HMT Rear light, Utopia Driver's seat back, Lamont's NBV Highway pegs, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Baker Air Wings
    Life is a matter of Prospective We create our own Prospective.

Spyder Garage

Default Try to bring Miss Daisy

Quote Originally Posted by sewnonnie View Post
    We (Yol Bolsun and I) are planning on it. I'm not sure if I will be ready to ride "Miss Daisy" that far, but I would really like to be good enough on the manual transmission to attempt it. I will check with my employer (Walton EMC), on 78 outside of Monroe, to see if we can use the parking lot as an intermediate meeting place.
    You should be fine by then. If you get tired just trade with hubby. Might want to have the risers on by then if you haven't already. I am looking forward to riding together again.
    Blue 2011 RT-S: My Economic Contributions: Rt Hand Brake, RAM handle bar cup holder, Kewl Metal Gadget mount for phone/GPS, Midland CB, High Tech V2 Wireless intercom, GloRiders-Blue, BRP hitch, Bike-rack for travel duffel, Grip Puppies, Arrow mirror turn signals, RT HMT Rear light, Utopia Driver's seat back, Lamont's NBV Highway pegs, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Baker Air Wings

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well the ride and meet is starting to come together. The Carolina Ale House is non reservation so feel free to come at the last minute if you can't decide. All are welcome and the restaurant can hold hundreds of folks! I am getting with the dealer and trying to contact folks here in the area to let them know about the meet as well.

After we eat and visit a while we can do a very short ride around some of the historical sites in Augusta (20 miles total) and then wind up at the local dealer for hopefully free goodies and desert.

If anyone needs more information please PM me and I will be glad to help out. If anyone wants to stay over until Sunday there are plenty on good hotels for $35 to $50.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Oct 21

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandgrouchy View Post
    Well the ride and meet is starting to come together. The Carolina Ale House is non reservation so feel free to come at the last minute if you can't decide. All are welcome and the restaurant can hold hundreds of folks! I am getting with the dealer and trying to contact folks here in the area to let them know about the meet as well.

After we eat and visit a while we can do a very short ride around some of the historical sites in Augusta (20 miles total) and then wind up at the local dealer for hopefully free goodies and desert.

If anyone needs more information please PM me and I will be glad to help out. If anyone wants to stay over until Sunday there are plenty on good hotels for $35 to $50.

Tuck and maybe Nancy will be there. Sounds good. If any NW/West GA folks want to meet, please put it on here and we can have a "convoy!" I like being called "Junior member" - everyone else thinks I'm an old guy.
    Last edited by TuckMiddle; 09-27-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well it looks like about 12 folks so far and maybe 7 bikes hard to figure it out. It does not make a difference though. Room for everyone! I would like to know if your going just for planning use so if you are going and have not sent a reply please do. For those who already have thanks! And looking forward to meeting you all!

Spyder Garage

Default intermediate gathering point

Walton EMC on hwy 78 @ Mt. Vernon, will let us have a gathering point on the way to Augusta. If this is something those of you that are passing thi direction, we can set a meet time later. Walton EMC is 5 miles out of Monroe on the way to Athens.

Spyder Garage

My sweet bride will be in Chicago visiting her sister, so I guess I'll be by myself on this ride...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Spyder Garage

Default US 78 from SC

If you can stand some South Carolina interlopers, we were planning to take US78 all the way to Stone Mountain anyway on that weekend. Maybe see you there. Augusta, that is.

Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pandy View Post
    If you can stand some South Carolina interlopers, we were planning to take US78 all the way to Stone Mountain anyway on that weekend. Maybe see you there. Augusta, that is.

Patrick
    You will be more than welcome. Hope to see several SC Spyder (or other MC) riders show up. First importance is riding.

Besides, it would be a nice halfway/lunch stop for you.
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 09-28-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Open invite?

Hey y'all. Pandy made me start thinking. Since Augusta is a 'border city', what say we post an invite over on the South Carolina side of the forum?

Looking to the future, might do the same with other border states.
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 09-28-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    Hey y'all. Pandy made me start thinking. Since Augusta is a 'border city', what say we post an invite over on the South Carolina side of the forum?

Looking to the future, might do the same with other border states.
    Sure, the more the merrier!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like the beginning of Georgiafest!! Let's go for it

Seriously everyone's welcome even if on only two wheels! It should be a great weekend to ride as the temperature is moving into fall mode and it should be a very pleasant ride.

Those of you in South Carolina are also more than welcome, as was pointed out earlier Augusta is a border town with half of the city actually in South Carolina!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

So a quick and non scientific estimate is that we will have 17 folks on 13 Spyders so far. Hopefully we will get some more SC folks as well!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Dang, saw ya tonite Oldandgrouchy at the ale-house and didn't know until now, Johnny-B and Sandy-B on black RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Have to bow out

Darn, I am going to have to bow out because of the 22 vs 29 date. I am riding to NC's Lake Eden Arts Festival the weekend of the 22nd. At least I will still be on the Spyder - have reservations and tickets with another person.... Will have to catch all of you another time.

Spyder Garage

Default Count me in, God Willing

Planning to make the Augusta meeting

Sparky