Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Dealer Wants to Sponsor GA Spyder Club

Amanda Blackstone, of Freedom Power Sports, is trying to put together a Georgia Spyder club sponsored by her dealership group. She can be reached @ ablackstone@freedompowersports.com We spoke of this dealership group at the Blue Willow Inn when we met there for lunch a couple of Saturdays ago. They're the one who sent out the postcard about the event in Blairsville this past Saturday.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME SPYDER CLUB

I hope it happens, and offer some nice club shirts, I bet they would sell a lot of them.

Spyder Garage

Default another offer from a dealer

The owner of Mountain Motorsports in Conyers, I think his name is Ryan, has also offered to help us in anyway. The facility is available for meetings, Bloke has offered to set up coffee and donuts for us, and Ryan said to let him know what he could do to help.

What does sponsorship mean? Can we have more than one dealer sponsor our group?

Spyder Garage

Default Do I hear the word

DISCOUNTS????????
    Last edited by bruceofthebronx; 09-26-2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: mistake
    American Legion Riders/GA Patriot Guard Rider

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not sure about discounts.

Being new to this sort of organization, I am no sure just what it might entail.

I have a thought. Could we possibly line up about four dealerships and get each to sponsor a quarter? We talked about getting together quarterly and maybe, we could spread the wealth among several dealerships?

As Melanie mentioned, Mountain Motorsports is interested in some sort of help. They have mentioned providing space inside for meetings and also have about 2 acres of paved, fenced space that might be used somehow.

Lots of offers being put on the table.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It may be too early for this type of discussion but a good club model would be to have one Georgia Club with local chapters in different regions. Quarterly meetings for the Ga Club with monthly ones for the local chapters. This would allow many dealers to be able to sponsor chapters and would create a better service experience

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandgrouchy View Post
    It may be too early for this type of discussion but a good club model would be to have one Georgia Club with local chapters in different regions. Quarterly meetings for the Ga Club with monthly ones for the local chapters. This would allow many dealers to be able to sponsor chapters and would create a better service experience
    I agree. As owners, I don't believe that we should be tied the one dealer only. We can work with whoever wants to support us.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Spyder Garage

Default Sponsors

Saw Amanda at Freedon last week or so. She said they are anxious to work with us. They have a very nice meeting room and already sponsor a Triumph group. They also represent Victory, Polaris ATV & I think Suzuki is the 5th. They had the Spyder crew from the factory there with 12 bikes for demoes. They will not have 2012s until next spring in their 250 day per year tour, but the bikes looked great (of course.)
    Tuck

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mark and Tuck:

Seeing the success of this Augusta Meet and Tomberlin's support, would youse guys be willing to see what can be worked with Freedom Powersports? I will try to get with Hawk or DoubleTrouble and see what we can finesse with Mountain Motorsports.

Spyder Garage

I've got a message to call Amanda. I think I talked with you about it some. I'll let you know what she says.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Freedom PS

Sure thing. They have certainly not firmed anything up yet, but she mentions it most times when I stop in for some reason or other. Mark, just let me know if I can help with this.
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    Mark and Tuck:

Seeing the success of this Augusta Meet and Tomberlin's support, would youse guys be willing to see what can be worked with Freedom Powersports? I will try to get with Hawk or DoubleTrouble and see what we can finesse with Mountain Motorsports.
    UH OH should I be worried

Spyder Garage

by the way you guys are always welcome to use the back lot for training or any other event you want to hold, and you know your always welcome here in the store despite the grief i get from most of you when your here lol

Spyder Garage

Default meetings

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandgrouchy View Post
    It was on this forum tonight, the first subject area, where an Illinois "Club" member referenced that they have monthly meetings. I'm not sure exactly where we stand at this moment, but I'll mention again that Freedom Power Sports is ready, particularly since Harrison, the Parts manager and his partner behind the counter, Leigh, are now the Membership folks at the dealership. They already sponsor a Triumph club and they meet in their really nice upstairs "club room." It has been hinted that perhaps some sort of discount and priority service arrangements might happen also. Evenings, Saturdays, etc would probably be made available for our meetings, at least to get started.
    Tuck

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TuckMiddle View Post
    It was on this forum tonight, the first subject area, where an Illinois "Club" member referenced that they have monthly meetings. I'm not sure exactly where we stand at this moment, but I'll mention again that Freedom Power Sports is ready, particularly since Harrison, the Parts manager and his partner behind the counter, Leigh, are now the Membership folks at the dealership. They already sponsor a Triumph club and they meet in their really nice upstairs "club room." It has been hinted that perhaps some sort of discount and priority service arrangements might happen also. Evenings, Saturdays, etc would probably be made available for our meetings, at least to get started.
    Tuck

Tuck, I think your thoughts have some merit. My only problem is time. At one of our meets, I think 'quarterly' was suggested. We have had several get togethers (always fun). But we are in need of having another meeting to kinda access where we are, patches, stickers, flag/banner? and maybe address Spyderfest and Owners Event in Durango.

Blue Willow Inn
    Copperhead Ga Event Srpt 24
    Grizzlies Veterans’ Day JROTC Ride
    Tomberlin
    Mountain Motorsports

Spyder Garage

Default Meeting in early 2012

I would suggest a get together at either Freedom or Mountain Sports in mid or late Jan. A Saturday would be appropriate and easier than an evening for most. Anytime is fine for most of us retired folks. Freedom has a superb upstairs meeting room and is anxious to host us. I do not know if Mountain has a "meeting room" as such. Tell me what I (or Mark if he prefers) can do to make this happen. It takes time to get patches, etc made, so let's start at the earliest you think is appropriate. "CAT" might very well be able to do something quickly and I think using our endorsed sponsors is the way to go in most cases. Let me know what you're thinking and Mark and/or I will run with it. I'm ready to help, but don't want to step on anyone's toes, if other avenues have been suggested in the past or that I'm not aware of.
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

Default Georgia Spyder Riders logo

Quote Originally Posted by TuckMiddle View Post
    I would suggest a get together at either Freedom or Mountain Sports in mid or late Jan. A Saturday would be appropriate and easier than an evening for most. Anytime is fine for most of us retired folks. Freedom has a superb upstairs meeting room and is anxious to host us. I do not know if Mountain has a "meeting room" as such. Tell me what I (or Mark if he prefers) can do to make this happen. It takes time to get patches, etc made, so let's start at the earliest you think is appropriate. "CAT" might very well be able to do something quickly and I think using our endorsed sponsors is the way to go in most cases. Let me know what you're thinking and Mark and/or I will run with it. I'm ready to help, but don't want to step on anyone's toes, if other avenues have been suggested in the past or that I'm not aware of.
    Tuck
    My artist friend is working on three options for our logo. I know she is also doing something for her son's school website which is needed by Dec 18.

I have told her we will need time to take a poll and to have things made.

I have told her about Cuba in April and we need to get stuff done for that. I will call her tomorrow or see her on Wed and report back.

You guys arrange the meeting - i will keep going on the logo.
    Blue 2011 RT-S: My Economic Contributions: Rt Hand Brake, RAM handle bar cup holder, Kewl Metal Gadget mount for phone/GPS, Midland CB, High Tech V2 Wireless intercom, GloRiders-Blue, BRP hitch, Bike-rack for travel duffel, Grip Puppies, Arrow mirror turn signals, RT HMT Rear light, Utopia Driver's seat back, Lamont's NBV Highway pegs, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Baker Air Wings
    Life is a matter of Prospective We create our own Prospective.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Tuck and or Mark, Let's aim at latter part of January for a meeting (maybe a 'working lunch') on a Saturday.

Agenda (as I see it)
    Joan - Patches/stickers etc.
    TBD - OE in Durango
    Bruce/or me - Spyderfest

Anything else?

Spyder Garage

Default A list of things that could help us and them.

One that I would like to see. A tech day. To show maintainance that a riders should know and how to do it. Like oil changes, parking brake adjustment, Drive belt adjustments, and others. It would help us and give the sponsor a forum to show there techs. Also safety tips. This would work for vendors.
    That' IMHO.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeinGA; 12-14-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Tech meetings

Yes, sir - we definately need to do that. I am going to contact Freedom this first time because they had come forth and sponsored the get together at Copperhead and had expressed an interest before that. Let's see how many we can get - I was going down there today, but ran out of time. I'll make sure Harrison is there and run down to Kennesaw on Thursday. I think with the number of items that Keith would like to get resolved or started, we'll just have time for a quick introduction to the folks there. They have areas that could probably be used for maintenance type discussions or demos. Thanks for sending the reminder. Be nice to hear what some others are thinking also.
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking I'm available this Saturday. Can we hook up for lunch somewhere? Maybe near the Freedom Powersports dealership? (Wherever that is...)
    Last edited by MarkLawson; 12-13-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Spyder Garage

Default curious

curious noob here.
    Which locations are being discussed?
    Freedom has 3 locations (Kennesaw is down the street from home)
    Mtn Motorsports has 2 in GA (Marietta moving to new building - I drive past it daily)

thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hecam17 View Post
    curious noob here.
    Which locations are being discussed?
    Freedom has 3 locations (Kennesaw is down the street from home)
    Mtn Motorsports has 2 in GA (Marietta moving to new building - I drive past it daily)

thanks
    I haven't seen it, but believe the meeting room is in Kennesaw.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Spyder Garage

Default Freedom

Yes, I've been talking about the Kennesaw location. They haven't said anything about moving down the road to Marietta. We'll check on that this next week.
    Tuck