Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soar Butt

Spyder Garage

Default natural

SHEEPSKIN, USED ON BOTH BIKES AMAZING

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Okay... I just got back from looking at their website; What model or size of these suckers is right for the RTS: both rider and passenger??

Handle-bars...
    I have the medium seat pad for both front and back and they fit perfect. Here is a link to Amazon that sells them for $84.93 shipped. Just make sure not to put too much air in them. You want to sit "in" them not on them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045WBVUM
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

We have been known to pummel each other's rear cheeks to restore blood circulation. That works great and creates a bit of light relief on a journey. Any on-lookers usually find it amusing.

The relatively short range we are getting on a full tank provides refuelling stops at about the right intervals for butt restoration/recuperation. I'd like to think this was a chunk of smart thinking on BRP's part. I'd like to think so but I don't.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

The medium cruiser size (14 x 14) fits perfectly on the drivers portion of my Corbin seat. I am still testing it out to see if any improvment. My back was acting up last weekend so only put about 50 miles on my new Airhawk.

The back and hip problem have been a real issue for me. I have spent a couple thousand dollars to find a seating position I can live with for more that 50 miles at a time.

I have used the stock seat with a Utopia backrest. The Corbin seat with a backrest. I added seal floorboards so I could move my feet around more. I have used Alaska leather sheepskin pads, Alaska leather sheepskin and gel pads, and now I am working with an Airhawk seat pad.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-06-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Seat or cushion

Quote Originally Posted by Heliplt View Post
    I know people ride farther than I do in a day, butt my butt can only handle about 4 hours in a day, I want to go on some longer trips, butt I need some suggestions or tips to make the stock seat on a RT more comfortable on longer trips, I do have the utopia back rest which is great.
    Having had intense lower back pain for many years and riding during most of the ordeals, I can say that the Utopia is a great start. The Air Hawk is the other 1/2 of your solution. You can get one for less than $200 - the one that fits into the drivers 1/2 of the seat is the one you want. There are 2 or 3 smaller ones, stay away from those. I wouldn't replace the seat until the Air Hawk is tried first. You can use it on a new seat, if that's what you do eventually. It's easy to blow up or let air out of. It looks like a funny shaped egg carton when inflated. I would FedEx mine to you to try out, but I ride every day and I'd be a wreck without it.
    Good luck.
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

Alaska Leathers has the large long hair pad in black for 22 bucks on sale just got 2 ordered on a Fir they were here on Tues have used the short hairs in the past butt for the $$ I thought what the hey and they work well keep the heat off your butt and help the all over ride feel better

The large is 18 x 18

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    I have the medium seat pad for both front and back and they fit perfect.
    So the Corbin needed some help in the comfort department?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    So the Corbin needed some help in the comfort department?
    The Corbin fits me great but after about 4 hours I'm done. I can ride about 4 times longer than I could on the stock seat. But if I use the Air Hawk I'm good all day.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Seat

Just installed Corbin seat on my RT. They told me it would take 2000 miles for it to be broken in. Well wife and I headed to Wisconsin to ride through Kettle Moraine State Park since we missed the group ride and wanted to avoid soar butt from the stock seat. After an 8 hour ride we were both able to walk and no soar butt. I am happy with the Corbin seat.

Spyder Garage

something else that helps . . . . ride often! Just like on a bicycle, your butt gets used to it . . . . we have Corbins on our Spyders, better than stock but not perfect. . . . you can still get the 'barbed wire underwear syndrome' thing going on. . . .
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sore butt

Quote Originally Posted by Heliplt View Post
    I know people ride farther than I do in a day, butt my butt can only handle about 4 hours in a day, I want to go on some longer trips, butt I need some suggestions or tips to make the stock seat on a RT more comfortable on longer trips, I do have the utopia back rest which is great.
    Get an Air Hawk R cushion. It will make all the difference in the world for you. Here's the web site: http://www.therohostore.com/Departme...-Cushions.aspx

Enjoy....Paul

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by paulbrochu View Post
    Get an Air Hawk R cushion. It will make all the difference in the world for you. Here's the web site: http://www.therohostore.com/Departme...-Cushions.aspx

Enjoy....Paul
    On the RT-limited which sizes would be needed for rider and passenger? I do have the backrest installed also.

j
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default Airhawk R

I just got an Airhawk R for my RT-S. Check this site out. I saved $50 and it arrived in 2 days.

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/ser...FQru7QodGUcRQg
    "Do or do not.
    There is no try."

Utopia Backrest, Seal Floorboards, HMT Tail Light, Elka Shocks,
    Evol Sway Bar, ESI Tall Wide Touring Windshield,
    SAENG/TA Quick-Scan Mirrors, Shortee Antenna

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Saw Doc - Riverside this past weekend at the Georgia Spyder Riders Meet-and-Eat. I hadn't even gotten my helmet off and he was showing me his Airhawk. Short story, I had been watching this thread previously and wondering about them. Was seriously considering a Corbin or Day Long change of seating. After talking with Doc (who is using an Airhawk on top of his Corbin) I decided to try one. Ordered the AirHawk R and will post more after I have had a few good rides on it. Butt, thus far, I LIKE it.

Spyder Garage

I've had my AirHawk R for 3 weeks now and after a 5 hour ride I was glad I bought it. The stock seat on my RT LTD just dosen't do it for me. I've had back problems for many years and I could only ride a hour with the stock seat, as long as I stop every couple hours to gas up and stretch the AirHawk does its job. The key is finding the proper inflation point that suits your backside.
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Soar butts fly, sore butts ache

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    Soar butts fly, sore butts ache
    I was wondering when someone would point that out

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I am guessing that most decided to give the poster a break. Even I spel thing wromg sometime.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default airhawk

buy it. it's worth every penny. i got over 100,000 on my first one before i had to shoot it. i still couldn't put it in the dumpster so i left it for someone else to do the deed.

buy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm good for a couple of hours behind the bars before my bottom starts to mutiny... I guess that I'm going to have to look at these Airhawk thingies to see if that'll help keep everybody happy... Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eightballbob View Post
    buy it. it's worth every penny. i got over 100,000 on my first one before i had to shoot it. i still couldn't put it in the dumpster so i left it for someone else to do the deed.

buy
    +1 on the airhawks. get the original or the newest version not the cheaper version 2.
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On the more expensive side of fixes...
    How about a Corbin with the Lamonster cut?? Has anybody else tried this one??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had the AirHawk rectangular seat and it was great. I bought the Airhawk R a few months ago and it is AMAZING. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SEAT

As has been mentioned bike shorts work great , they are designed to wick moisture and generally avoid poorly placed seams, Trunk style long leg boxers actually work well for shorter rides ... also look at JCWHITNEY .COM they sell fairly inexpensive gel pads covered and non-covered. Mike

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Good luck with your Airhawk, Alaska... as I said, I bought the new R version (with the risers and floorboards I was putting a lot of pressure straight down, the middle gap on the R appealed to me and so far it seems to help).

The one thing I sorta dislike about the Airhawk, at least the new R, is that with my Ultimate Seat it's not really wide enough to cover the whole width of the seat, so I end up being a little "perched" even with the cushion deflated to the lowest workable level.

That said, the nice thing about the perch is it lets me use my otherwise unusable Rivco highway pegs (I love the floorboards, but those pegs are waaay too close and up high to be of use... thinking of switching out the mounts with KM or ESI, $$$ grrrr).

Last thing: I've heard of people using a sheepskin *over* their Airhawk... I think I might try that.
    Be sure not to over inflate the AirHawk. It will feel like being perched & a bit like floating on top. I inflate mine, sit on it and open the valve to expel all of the air & then give it 2 short puffs of air. Works great for me. I did the same for both my Original AirHawk and the R