Spyder Garage

Talking ANOTHER SPYDER WILL BE ADDED TO THE FAMILY SHORTLY

I had the most awesome experience at Maximum Power Sports in Peru Indiana today. My wife and I had nothing to do so we wanted to check out another dealer so we made the 85 mile trip to Peru and met the most wonderful people. They answered all our questions. They treated us the same as if had riddden bikes all our life instead of the rookies as we are. We were looking for a Viper Red RT-S SE5. Unfortunately the only Spyder they had was an RS SM5. I finally got my permit and asked if I could take it for a drive. They spent a great deal of time showing me all the controls so after I was comfotable, I took off. What a rush!!!! The owner of the dealer Mike Murray and his family were the most awesome people I ever had the opportunity to work with. He told me that the 2012's were only going up about $300 in price but they wouldn't be in until October sometime. He also said if there was a 2011 Viper Red or White Limited out there, he would do his best to get it for me. Before I left he had located 4 Red and 2 White within 1000 mile radius. He was going to start making phone calls and see what he could do to get one here for me. That is true customer satisfaction. Today was my actual first Spyder ride but will not be my last. I have a wedding to attend on October 1st. I would love to ride up on my new Viper Red Spyder and have the whole church snap their head around to see me. Their finance guy even beat my bank and credit unions best deal. An astonishing 3.36% for 66 months. I highly recommend this dealer and can't wait to go back and pick up my new ride.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations! I just got my RT-S on September 10th. I'm loving it.

Have fun and enjoy!

Spyder Garage

My Brother Chief, I know you will really enjoy riding the Spyder. By the way, mine is also an RT S SE-5 in Viper Red.

Congrats again Brother

Be Safe
    AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

That sounds like a really great dealer to work with. The fi rate is about as good as it gets. Generally you are penalized if you finance a motorcycle.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Chief Ed,
    Sounds like you have found a good dealership. Just be sure to see how their service department is to work with, as that IMNSHO is the most important department in any dealership. Don't forget about extended warranties, too.
    Rich

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up THANKS FELLOW SPYDER RYDERS

I appreciate all the replies. I do plan to get the full 5 year warranty. Mike the owner said it was probably a good idea. Especially with all the computers and electronics. That stuff can be very expensive to replace. Also what is IMNSHO? I will get used to all the lingo so just bear with the new guy. Thanks again. Chief Ed

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you found what you were looking for. It's good to see another dealer that treats it's customers right. Hope to meet you sometime.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Right in my backyard. The dealer is about 8 minutes from my house. You are correct, they are very nice people. Next time you are down this way give me a yell.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Spyder Update

My dealer called me this morning. They found me a Viper Red RT-S SE5 at a dealer in Illinois. They are going to get it on Tuesday the 27th and should be able to do the financing and sign the papers and ride it home on Wednesday. I can't wait. It is almost like Christmas in September. And who can't resist a fat Santa on a Viper Red RT-S. Happy Riding. Chief Ed

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NavyChiefEd View Post
    My dealer called me this morning. They found me a Viper Red RT-S SE5 at a dealer in Illinois. They are going to get it on Tuesday the 27th and should be able to do the financing and sign the papers and ride it home on Wednesday. I can't wait. It is almost like Christmas in September. And who can't resist a fat Santa on a Viper Red RT-S. Happy Riding. Chief Ed
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Latest Update On My New Spyder

Dealer called today. They got my RT-S from a dealer in Illinois. It is serviced, checked out and ready to go, Will be picking it up Thursday morning. I also got an email from ABATE. I was able to get in to their last class which starts next Friday. Everything is falling into place. The lord has been good to me and my family this week. Looking forward to getting out on the highways and by-ways of this great land of ours and meet all my fellow spyder lovers and friends. Be good to each other out there. Chief Ed

Spyder Garage

Yep I know just how you feel Chief. Back in Oct of 08 I picked my brand new Roadster Red SE5 I ordered mine with the 1 inch riser and the upgraded 6 spoke rims . And the found one in San Diego they shipped down to my dealer and I was the very first person in all of Sacramento CA that had a Roadster Red SE5. I used to get and still do questions and thumbs up. People yelling at me out there Windows cruising down the freeway. Others taking pics of me cruising down the freeway 50 questions wherever I went ooohs and aahs wherever I went I'm sure I've persuaded more than one person to pluck down the 21+ k for one for themselves. I know I felt like a kid the first time I rode one and right then I knew I had too have me one lol

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

I am looking forward to Thursday. Thanks for the comeback. I hope to make a cross country trip someday and maybe hook up with you. I would love to ride that road that they show in the movies all the time. Chief ed

Spyder Garage

On the new . May you have miles of smiles .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NavyChiefEd View Post
    Dealer called today. They got my RT-S from a dealer in Illinois. It is serviced, checked out and ready to go, Will be picking it up Thursday morning. I also got an email from ABATE. I was able to get in to their last class which starts next Friday. Everything is falling into place. The lord has been good to me and my family this week. Looking forward to getting out on the highways and by-ways of this great land of ours and meet all my fellow spyder lovers and friends. Be good to each other out there. Chief Ed

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Home At Last

I have had little to no sleep for the last day or so. I have been so stoked about getting my Spyder. Today finally came and after filling out and signing many papers, it was time to get down to business. got checked out on all the controls, bells and whistles. I climbed on and with my loving wife and dog behind me, I headed north on my 80 plus mile drive to home. I was about 10 miles from home when the rains came. I trucked on and arrived home soaked, tired and extremele happy. The handling was awesome and had I had rain gear with me, I would still be riding. I am trying to get a picture up of the new machine but I will tell you that it is a Viper Red RT-S SE5 an did I get a lot of stares, thumbs up and "Awsome Bike" along with one "What is that"? "That is so cool". I work 3rd shift so since this is my Friday, I am going to take it to work and watch the fireworks. Look forward to meeting each and every spyder lover. Chief Ed

Spyder Garage

-Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

ON THE NEW ...I TOO HAVE BEEN CAUGHT IN THE RAIN...AND NOW I CAN SAY I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF NEW RAIN GEAR....LOL
    RIDE SAFE....
    LOVE MY SPYDER

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Rain Gear Next on My List

Of the many upgrades I would like to get, rain gear is on top of my list. Chief Ed

Spyder Garage

Cool Are you going to spyderfest?

We got confirmed today and we willbe leaving a week from today. Are you going? Chief Ed My Brother Chief, I know you will really enjoy riding the Spyder. By the way, mine is also an RT S SE-5 in Viper Red.

Congrats again Brother

Be Safe
    AC[/QUOTE]