Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highway Pegs

Spyder Garage

Default Highway Pegs

Are there any highway pegs out there for a Rt ltd ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Kuryakyn Mini Wings

I just ordered Kuryakin ISO wing mini boards and highway brackets from KewlMetal for my 2011 RTS .

Spyder Garage

I'd really like to see Lamonsters pegs go into production.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

These pegs are from Kewl Metal (site vendor) and the pegs and extension are from my dealer. Very adjustable. My right side is set different due to a bad rt. leg. They look a little clunky, but they work well for me.
    Last edited by Mr. White; 09-26-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With Seal FloorBoards you get floorboards and Hwy. pegs all in one unit.

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

I would love to see those kewl metal brackets just clear the underside to add pegs down low to keep my feet just behind the lower flare. The pegs I see in these post are to far out for my legs and out in the weather so to speak. My thoughts.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tonga View Post
    I would love to see those kewl metal brackets just clear the underside to add pegs down low to keep my feet just behind the lower flare. The pegs I see in these post are to far out for my legs and out in the weather so to speak. My thoughts.
    The Kewlmetal come with two adjustable links per side that you can angle up, down or anyway you prefer. I have mine where the are right behind the plastic flairs as you describe.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have my pegs adjusted to fit my legs...right leg is the bad one and is the reason for a longer adjustment. Adjust them to fit you....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ArkTerry View Post
    The Kewlmetal come with two adjustable links per side that you can angle up, down or anyway you prefer. I have mine where the are right behind the plastic flairs as you describe.
    I have seen the kewl metal brackets and I could just put my toes on them for relief as they are just at the right height for me without anything added but I would need a peg or something flat right were the brackets attach, straight down in front of the foot pegs. That is were I let my legs dangle for some relief. The seal floorboards look great but are to high for me not to mention I own a RT M5 not the SE. I am leaning toward the ISCI floorboards because they have two mounting positions. I like the lower setting. The seal floor boards do allow more forward foot motion I know but not downward for my old bones.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Another thought

I have been looking at the Kewlmetal brackets and think that if I cut them just were they bend upward and weld a piece on to mount my foot peg down low or even put a small piece to bring the foot peg up it will put my feet just outside of the brake pedal and shifter ahead of the oem foot peg and behind the lower flare and as I said before forward. The brake pedal won't be far away as well. Not easy to explain !

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have seen the kewl metal brackets and I could just put my toes on them for relief as they are just at the right height for me without anything added but I would need a peg or something flat right were the brackets attach, straight down in front of the foot pegs. That is were I let my legs dangle for some relief. The seal floorboards look great but are to high for me not to mention I own a RT M5 not the SE. I am leaning toward the ISCI floorboards because they have two mounting positions. I like the lower setting. The seal floor boards do allow more forward foot motion I know but not downward for my old bones.
    Look for the RT SM5 model later this week. It will be for both the full size and Pup Seal FloorBoards.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks I will. I need something to get comfortable. My hip joints do get sore!

Spyder Garage

Default another option...

P9260004.JPG

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default black wings - not sure if it is a good idea

I have taken to gently putting my feet up on the little black plastic "wings" comfortable, but I am thinking not such a great idea.

I think I say a set up to put some metal tops on those wings with some kind of bracket, but I can't find it right now

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

There are "scuff guards" available, so you can put your feet on the "wings" - I have a set, but it feels like I'm going to break the tupperware, every time I use them. That's about the right position, so I can't wait for Lamont to finish his….. All of the others are too short for me….

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Almost perfect

Quote Originally Posted by sinkhole View Post
    Now you get the idea. Nice and low. If the brackets were shorter the foot pegs would be inboard more to my liking and with a small extension could be raised if wanted. Can you imagine what I mean? As I have said, I could order the brackets and get a shop here to cut them back and attack the got peg at any height I would want but behind the lower fairing.

Spyder Garage

Default scuff guards

can you tell me where you can get the scuff guards i like using the black plastic wings but will probably end up scuffing something up if i dont cover the panel. thanks

Spyder Garage

Default RT Limited HiWay Pegs

After delivery on my Spyder I needed HiWay pegs. Dealer installed Kewl Metal Can-Am Spyder RT Highway Brackets(#KD-248) and Harley Engine Guard footpegs (#49144-86) which have worked very well and look great. Might look up these parts and see if they are to your liking.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderal11 View Post
    can you tell me where you can get the scuff guards i like using the black plastic wings but will probably end up scuffing something up if i dont cover the panel. thanks
    ESI. See the SpyderLovers home page. They are a site sponsor.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Newsuan View Post
    Are there any highway pegs out there for a Rt ltd ?
    This is what I made for my RT_S SE5
    Attached Images Attached Images

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydeeBite2 View Post
    This is what I made for my RT_S SE5
    Now this is exactly what I have in mind. I thought of doing it but had some thoughts about drilling through the frame and also about lowering the ground clearence. The Kewl Metal brackets shortened would allow a foot peg to go in the same location, low and just outside of the shifter and brake pedal plus ahead. Great job!! Looks Great!!!

Spyder Garage

The problem I see with that is drilling a frame in that area can cause an issue down the road and if you ever did hit something like a speed bump that you didn't see it could damage the frame. One member did that on his setup and it caught his shifter and cracked his case, they totaled the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster Pegs!

so Lamont when will we finally see your pegs for sale? You knownthat is what we are waiting for.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeek View Post
    so Lamont when will we finally see your pegs for sale? You knownthat is what we are waiting for.
    I've tried three different ways of doing them to make the install more user friendly and I'm pretty much back to what I have now. I still have some more testing to do but I'm been busy with other things so I haven't had much time to mess with them. It's still in the works

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Used RTe

Lamont----I have a chance to buy an RTe 2010 with 2000 miles for $24,000 total-----all dark blue with a lot of extras----What do you think????