Thread: FI Windshields

Spyder Garage

Default FI Windshields

I don't meant to stir up anything here as I know there is some bad blood regarding this topic, but whatever happened with F1 Windshields? I never really saw any of his "Mantis" farings, or his "Touring" set up and the last time I tried his blog it didn't come up. Just curious is all, as before the RT came out I actually considered getting a Mantis fairing. I always thought the idea of a bolt on fairing for the RS was a great idea, but other than Vertyka, I've not really seen anyone pursue it.

Spyder Garage

If I am not mistaken (and someone will let me know if I am), I believe that these were the windshields that had problems with getting the order delivered.

I recall that those that got them seemed to be very happy with them.

Last post on this said something about the owner taking the money and running--leaving orders undelivered.

I will delete this post if this is not the right vendor.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-21-2011 at 04:16 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

A good friend of mine rode with me to Maggee Valley this past June, we rode over to the fairgrounds Friday afternoon to register and then walked around and looked at some of the Sypders (always interesting to see how people mod thier Spyder). Later that evening back at the hotel, he mentioned to me that we didn't see any of the "Mantis" fairings, and then asked why I thought that was. After the RT came out I never really thought about F1 again, so I didn't know how to answer him. I know that there were some people who were very unhappy with them, and some nasty accusations were thrown around, but 2-3 years back he was selling alot of windshields.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=jmcbow;375040]I don't meant to stir up anything here as I know there is some bad blood regarding this topic, but whatever happened with F1 Windshields? I never really saw any of his "Mantis" farings, or his "Touring" set up and the last time I tried his blog it didn't come up. Just curious is all, as before the RT came out I actually considered getting a Mantis fairing. I always thought the idea of a bolt on fairing for the RS was a great idea, but other than Vertyka, I've not really seen anyone pursue it.
    /QUOTE]

He never delivered on any of fairings or RT cases, But i have to say i had one of his Evo 3 windshields with the side wings and out of 3 windshields i had for my
    Spyder [08 GS] it worked the best. That said it's a good thing you didn't leave him a deposit for the faring