Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Pictures added to 2011 Alaska Gallery

I just added about 30 pictures to the 2011 Alaska Gallery.

As promised earlier, I added the Moose pictures from my backyard.

We did a fall color ryde on Saturday to Hatchers Pass--the colors were very brilliant--camara got left home in error.

Went back on Sunday with camera--it had frosted Saturday night--colors were not as brilliant and about 1/3 of the leaves had come down over night.

The pictures are still pretty nice--but it is amazing to me how the scenery can change in just one day.

Hatchers Pass Information: A 13 mile ride which climbs to the end of the pavement. All twisties--with some turns 10 mph. The end of the pavement is the old Independence Gold Mine which is now a state historical site. You can continue on gravel all the way to Willow, AK (40 miles or so)--where the road comes out on the Parks Highway. This road is usually closed from late September (first snowfall) until late June. Stunningly beautiful--but the road is usually pot holed and very lonely. I have driven this a couple times by cage--but would not on my Spyder. I made it about 1/2 mile up the gravel from the Independence Mine area, but had to turn around. Spyder would not climb the grade--all I got was wheel spin, and shooting gravel--this was with a passenger on board.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-21-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red