Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Should I park here???

I stopped at a supermarket the other day and while looking for a parking spot, here's what I see. So I know this sounds like a dumb question, but are they telling me this IS RESERVED for motorcycles, or since the area is obviously too small for a car, are they really telling us it is NO PARKING - INCLUDING motorcycles??? And if it really is reserved for motorcycles, shouldn't it simply say "Motorcycles Only" or "Motorcycle Parking"? Maybe they need the area clear so they can retrieve the carts more easily? I took the picture and showed it to my wife and a couple of friends to get their opinion, and they weren't sure, so I finally called the store and asked them. It took 3 people there to decide what it really meant, but they finally gave me an answer. I'll post the answer shortly, but I'd like to see some comments about what you all think it meant. Let's call it a quiz!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

That is confusing, if I had to guess it would actually be for motorcycle parking only.... But, I could be wrong.. ???

X Joe

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking no motorcycle parking.
    Aspydering Ryder
    subsisto inrideo amicitia

I may not be perfect but, I am Canadian, and that's close enough!

Spyder Garage

motorcycle parking only

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I vote "no parking", including motorcycles.

Spyder Garage

This is for bikes only. The way I see it if your front wheels fit between the lines then it's okay for the Spyder.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    This is for bikes only. The way I see it if your front wheels fit between the lines then it's okay for the Spyder.
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

Since there are a number of bikers who would look for places like that to park, it may be a sign to those bikers that their motorcycle should not be parked there.

Resist the urge and park where you're supposed to park...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I knew I would have trouble with this. Next year when I re stripe this lot, I will paint yellow and black stripes on it...

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

chickridin

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Desert Spyder View Post
    I stopped at a supermarket the other day and while looking for a parking spot, here's what I see. So I know this sounds like a dumb question, but are they telling me this IS RESERVED for motorcycles, or since the area is obviously too small for a car, are they really telling us it is NO PARKING - INCLUDING motorcycles??? And if it really is reserved for motorcycles, shouldn't it simply say "Motorcycles Only" or "Motorcycle Parking"? Maybe they need the area clear so they can retrieve the carts more easily? I took the picture and showed it to my wife and a couple of friends to get their opinion, and they weren't sure, so I finally called the store and asked them. It took 3 people there to decide what it really meant, but they finally gave me an answer. I'll post the answer shortly, but I'd like to see some comments about what you all think it meant. Let's call it a quiz!
    I would take my chances and park it there. But that's just me.

Spyder Garage

Simple answer, they left out the word "only" because they ran out of white paint.
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

Spyder Garage

Default no pariing period

definitely no parking period. motorcycle's included. no parking.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default Confusing wording

I'm going with "NO motorcycle parking". If it was a designated motorcycle parking space, they should have left the word 'NO' out. In the end, if you park there, someone will complain.
    2009 GS SE5 Silver

Spyder Garage

My first guess is that its for parking a motorcycle. It looks like there is a triangular spot in the distance that is marked with many white lines--indicating no parking period.

I believe in "when in doubt--check it out". i would inquire if that is a mc parking spot--just to make sure.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got such a headache now that I'm going to park on the sidewalk while I head for the Pharmacy looking for aspirin...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like there's a walkway [ramp] to the left, So i would think that's not a space to park anything, Its an opening to walk to the sidewalk.
    If it were for motorcyles There would be an ''S'' at the the end of Motorcycle.

Spyder Garage

Okay. I am going to change my mind on this after looking closer at the photo and now say it is NO parking for anything including motorcycles. The white painted area is protecting space for the grocery cart corral. If a bike is parked there customers will not be able to return their carts.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

No motorcycle parking-- you'll see the closed white line to the right, those aren't parking spots.

Would be just like a two-wheeler: see any pair of diagonal white lines and they think they own the place!
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Default And the answer is............drumroll please!!!

Interesting! Some of your responses have been as cryptic as the parking lot!!! By my count, 7 have said they think motorcycles CAN park there, and 8 of you have said NO (and some were pretty adamant!). But when I called the market, they told me their intention WAS to create a place for motorcycles to park!!! So the yes's were correct!

By the way, the manager did agree that the wording was bad and said he would have it changed!

Spyder Garage

No parking it's reserved for motorcycles?

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

After looking at it again ,It was painted by an Dyslexic Lefty;
    NO ...........,,,,, .PARKING
    MOTORCYLE

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hmmm.... How about "Motorcycle Parking ONLY"?

Spyder Garage

Very interesting outcome! There is a problem tho... if you take another look at the picture, there's a cage blocking the motorcycle parking slot.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I've got such a headache now that I'm going to park on the sidewalk while I head for the Pharmacy looking for aspirin...
    Thats too funny...

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't park there unless you want your bike to be a target for carts. How many people do the cross country heave ho to to see if the can get the cart in the slot or the people who heave it without looking where it is going. Paint and plastic are too expensive.